HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cale Hulse: Is he that good?

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Cale Hulse: Is he that good?

What are your impressions of him? I noticed he has made the top 25 defensemen in a statistical compilation of those that have made the most impact on their team. I havent gotten to see the Coyotes this year at all so I'd like to know what he's doing that is so good. Shut down? Break out passes? Lots of bad penalties? Certainly been better than anyone expected. And is he better than Ossi, Mara or Tanabe?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=46815

Old
01-28-2004, 05:27 AM

I'd say he is just the best stay-at-home defensemen we have. He's always pretty solid out there no matter who it is against, and plays physical. I wouldn't say that he has much offensive flair, but he stood a few guys up tonight versus Calgary.

I was talking to another board member about that tonight, Hulse is a good defensemen but he shouldn't be the best defenseman on your team. At best he should be a 5th or 6th defensemen, and that shows how weak our defense corps is right now that he is our top guy. With the kids on the blueline like Mara, Vaananen, Tanabe, Spiller, Ference and Suchy is not old either and has just about as much experience as many of the previously mentioned guys. If we could add a solid stay at home presence to play top minutes, ideally Jason Smith (D-EDM). Even someone like Bob Boughner (D-CAR) would be another Hulse-like player who could solidify our backend.

We've got the goalies for a couple of years, Burke-->Boucher-->LeNeavue(sp?) and we've got defense for the future, but we still need someone to help mentor them along.

Old
01-28-2004, 10:10 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Doan aside, Hulse is MVP
Hes been the best player we have signed in a long time.

Closed Thread