HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RBK Helmets

Old
02-04-2008, 01:44 AM
lotus

vCash: 500
RBK Helmets

Anyone with an RBK Helmet, be it the 6k or 8k, find it to fit smaller than most others?

It's been a while since I've worn anything but my 6k, and I'm too lazy to dig things up out of the basement. But I recall other brands mediums fitting me perfectly. Where as this one has caused me headaches after wearing it for a long time, which I chose to ignore cause I've been broke.

With a little more spending money I think it might be time to invest, so I guess trying them on is my best bet. But I figured I'd ask anyway before I go ahead and find that a CCM large is a big ol bucket. (Their new helmet looks cool by the way, and sounds protective. Might look into that when it is released to retail!)

Also about the 8k, since hockeymonkey sells a bunch of medium ones pro stock at reasonable prices. Does that micro dial help at all? Was thinking that maybe a medium RBK with that option could fix it since the helmet seems to fit me fine, just is a little tight.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 02:26 AM
vexXed

I have the large RBK 8k and i find it wider than my CCM 1052. Imo the 'micro-dial' is a bit of a gimmick, although it does feel a little bit more snug round the back of your head once adjusted. Yep, trying them all on to see which fits the best is a good idea.

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 05:17 AM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexXed View Post
I have the large RBK 8k and i find it wider than my CCM 1052. Imo the 'micro-dial' is a bit of a gimmick, although it does feel a little bit more snug round the back of your head once adjusted. Yep, trying them all on to see which fits the best is a good idea.
i dunno what they feel like... but they sure do look ridiculous.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
vexXed

I quite like the look of it, which was another reason why I got it. Most designs are ok, but I'm not really a fan of the old CCM style.

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

Looks good, but fits like a box.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM
XweekendwarriorX

I just bought a RBK 6K just bought last week and fits awesome. I had an old CCM helemt large that was beat up and crappy. this RBK is a large black one which is awesome fits perfect and is at the smallest it gets so i can make it larger if i grow my hair out for the playoffs.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i have an 8k its very very light and i love it

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
ixciuncle

I recently bought a medium 4K and it is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. It fits my head perfectly, and no headaches (which I encountered with every other helmet I've owned)

Just gotta try 'em on and see what feels the best.

ixciuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Pothier

I bought my 8K in the Summer of '06 and I love it. I find that it does tighten and give me headaches sometimes, but I think its just from being hit and such that it does that. All you need to do to fix it is take it off, adjust the dial and stretch it out.

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:32 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigorodov's Hands View Post
I bought my 8K in the Summer of '06 and I love it. I find that it does tighten and give me headaches sometimes, but I think its just from being hit and such that it does that. All you need to do to fix it is take it off, adjust the dial and stretch it out.

I feel like with any pressure on my 6k, the adjustment will slip whether or not the clips are locked in.

I really like the helmet other than the fit for me. It's light as can be, i never have sweat running into my eyes, looks pretty cool, and I've taken some punishment and I'm still walkin!

Thought maybe upgrading to the 8k would be nice. Maybe I should go retail 8k and just get the large. I hate going up a size with helmets just because I remember back in pee wee hockey, I was one of the kids with the helmet far too big who could never see. I don't want a bucket swiveling around my head, I'll take a tight fit over that any day ;P

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote