HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blackhawks-Cannucks Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Behn Wilson

vCash: 500
Blackhawks-Cannucks Proposal

How about Zhamnov and the second rounder we received from Dallas in the Klemm trade for Bryan Allen?

Old
01-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
How about Zhamnov and the second rounder we received from Dallas in the Klemm trade for Bryan Allen?
No. You won't get anything more then a 2nd round pick and average prospect from the Canucks. They don't need Zhamnov and certainly won't trade a player like Allen to get him.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
No. You won't get anything more then a 2nd round pick and average prospect from the Canucks. They don't need Zhamnov and certainly won't trade a player like Allen to get him.

Youve already stated your opinion on Zhamnov a million atimes, give it a rest. OK you ar enot a fan of his, we already know that. And there has been articles all over saying the Cannucks may have interest in him.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
Youve already stated your opinion on Zhamnov a million atimes, give it a rest. OK you ar enot a fan of his, we already know that. And there has been articles all over saying the Cannucks may have interest in him.
Most Canucks fans feel the same way about Zhamnov as I do. One things for sure, you won't get any knowledgeable Canucks fan on this site to agree to trade Allen for that package. He's pretty near untouchable.

BTW, there's only one N in Canucks.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:16 PM
gretzky99

Griffins got a point, it makes no sense to trade someone like Bryan Allen who finally is coming into his own, for a player that will play 3-4 months with you. If we want zhamnov so bad we could wait and sign him as a UFA.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:18 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Most Canucks fans feel the same way about Zhamnov as I do. One things for sure, you won't get any knowledgeable Canucks fan on this site to agree to trade Allen for that package. He's pretty near untouchable.

BTW, there's only one N in Canucks.
I agree I would not trade Allen for Zhamnov, but I would not so easily dismiss him as a target for the Canucks. He would make a world of difference on the PP and would give us three very effective scoring lines. As to what the Canucks would offer it starts with Chubarov and goes from there. You will not see Allen moved in a deal like that after the Canucks just moved Slegr. I guarantee that. He is by no means untouchable though. We would have to get something similar back for him as we need a left side physical d-man....he is that.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:18 PM
TBLightning04

No way you can fetch anything close to Allen with Zhamnov.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightning04
No way you can fetch anything close to Allen with Zhamnov.
Just FYI, the original offer included a 2nd rounder as well, which would likely be in the 45-50 range overall.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
agreed. Taking away allen would deplete the nucks defense more, and with jovo out, there defense would be brutal. They are better off keeping allen and all dman and trading prospects

Old
01-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Blackfish

Ryan Kesler and a 3rd for Zhamnov

That's the best we'll offer.....

And to the guy who started this thread, please please please... Think about what you are suggesting before you do it. Cause dude, that was a bad suggestion. And you're only gonna get flamed for it.

So, trying to be nice... Allen for Zhamnov is the stupidest trade I have ever heard of. Trade away a future top 4 d-man for a guy who is UFA at the end of the year, not the brightest in trade ideas.

Cheers.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
THE LATEST ON ALEXEI ZHAMNOV.

CHICAGO DAILY HERALD: Tim Sassone reports interest in Blackhawks centre Alexei Zhamnov seems to be "heating up". The 'Hawks denied a recent Hockey Night in Canada report which claimed they wanted a top three defenceman for Zhamnov, but the team would prefer a player in return who can step in and help immediately. The 'Hawks play the Vancouver Canucks tonight and there's speculation they may be willing to move centre Ryan Kesler or winger Jason King to bring in some veteran depth. The Blackhawks may be forced to move quickly to deal Zhamnov before the Washington Capitals "flood" the trade market.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

Old
01-27-2004, 09:02 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
THE LATEST ON ALEXEI ZHAMNOV.

CHICAGO DAILY HERALD: Tim Sassone reports interest in Blackhawks centre Alexei Zhamnov seems to be "heating up". The 'Hawks denied a recent Hockey Night in Canada report which claimed they wanted a top three defenceman for Zhamnov, but the team would prefer a player in return who can step in and help immediately. The 'Hawks play the Vancouver Canucks tonight and there's speculation they may be willing to move centre Ryan Kesler or winger Jason King to bring in some veteran depth. The Blackhawks may be forced to move quickly to deal Zhamnov before the Washington Capitals "flood" the trade market.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html
I would not think it a bright move to trade our best prospect for Zhamnov. I think a Ruutu or Chubarov trade is more likely. King is a possibility but not a great one considering it would leave us still short a winger.

Top 3 lines of:

Nas Mo Bert
King Zhamnov Linden
Twin# 1, 2 Cooke

Not too shabby....

Old
01-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner
I agree I would not trade Allen for Zhamnov, but I would not so easily dismiss him as a target for the Canucks. He would make a world of difference on the PP and would give us three very effective scoring lines.
He's also very similar to both Morrison and Henrik, two-way forward that is primarily a playmaker. The Canucks don't need another center like that. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Zhamnov, but the most I'd offer is a 2nd round pick and an average prospect. There are better available options out there that make more sense.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I would not think it a bright move to trade our best prospect for Zhamnov. I think a Ruutu or Chubarov trade is more likely. King is a possibility but not a great one considering it would leave us still short a winger.

Top 3 lines of:

Nas Mo Bert
King Zhamnov Linden
Twin# 1, 2 Cooke

Not too shabby....

What line is the Canucks "shut-down line" though? Effective post-season teams have one line that is paired against the other teams' top lines to shut them down. I don't see Zhamnov being effective in that type of role, thus not a very good fit for the Canucks. He'd be a nice addition on the powerplay, but he isn't a very good fit with the team, especially with Henrik playing so well recently. A scoring winger is a much bigger need than another playmaking center.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Mizral

King for Zhamnov would be certainly possible. King hasn't impressed Canuck fans or management in the last while, and while he still might have potential, I'd rather have a boost.

While I can't stand Zhamnov, I can't say for certain that Burke would be against this.

On the other hand, Kesler for Zhamnov is ludicrious. Burke I'm sure would be staunchly against the. Kesler's value is still quite high, and is 19 years old playing in the NHL - one of the few 1st rounders in the NHL this year from the 2003 draft.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Excuse me if I don't believe a rumour from a tripod.com site ...

Zhamnov is a not a Burke-type player. I don't see him being brought in.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Peter Griffin

And just for the record, if the Canucks were going to do something stupid like trade Bryan Allen for a soon to be UFA, that player would be Peter Bondra, not Alexei Zhamnov.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
He's also very similar to both Morrison and Henrik, two-way forward that is primarily a playmaker. The Canucks don't need another center like that. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Zhamnov, but the most I'd offer is a 2nd round pick and an average prospect. There are better available options out there that make more sense.
I don't think you will get him for your offer and it would have to be a 2005 2nd rounder to boot since you gave up yours this year for Hedberg..... I predict he will be a Wing by the Deadline..

Old
01-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Mizral

I still hear the Sharks are very interested in Zhamnov. It could happen.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I don't think you will get him for your offer and it would have to be a 2005 2nd rounder to boot since you gave up yours this year for Hedberg..... I predict he will be a Wing by the Deadline..
Good. I don't want Archie on the Canucks. It would be a pretty pointless move by the Canucks considering center is not a weak point for the team.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:17 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
What line is the Canucks "shut-down line" though? Effective post-season teams have one line that is paired against the other teams' top lines to shut them down. I don't see Zhamnov being effective in that type of role, thus not a very good fit for the Canucks. He'd be a nice addition on the powerplay, but he isn't a very good fit with the team, especially with Henrik playing so well recently. A scoring winger is a much bigger need than another playmaking center.
Agreed that we need a scoring winger but I would not dissmiss our poor depth at centre as a non-issue. There are many people (especially local media) that see it as a bigger problem.

As far as a shut down unit...I think Mo, Linden and Cooke would be fine, don't you? Keane, Ruutu and May can all play that role as well, just not the big minutes. You also can't really match lines very well on the raod and would be better off having a defensive player on each line.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:19 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Good. I don't want Archie on the Canucks. It would be a pretty pointless move by the Canucks considering center is not a weak point for the team.
I totally disagree with this statement. Compare our centre to St Louis, Colorado, Detroit, Philly, Toronto, Ottawa, Dallas, and even San Jose and it is clear we are not in their class at the pivot spot.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Agreed that we need a scoring winger but I would not dissmiss our poor depth at centre as a non-issue. There are many people (especially local media) that see it as a bigger problem.
Local media also saw goaltending as a problem. Suffice it to say, I don't put much stock into what the local media feels are the Canucks problems. I feel I have enough hockey knowledge to make my own conclusions.

Quote:
As far as a shut down unit...I think Mo, Linden and Cooke would be fine, don't you? Keane, Ruutu and May can all play that role as well, just not the big minutes. You also can't really match lines very well on the raod and would be better off having a defensive player on each line.
Why though? Why break up a sure thing like the top line, as well as a top notch defensive line of Cooke-Linden-Arvedson? It's pretty clear to everyone that the Canucks hole on offense is on the Sedins wing. King filled that hole early in the season, but he's far too inconsistent for that role at this time. Why not make a trade to solidify that hole rather then add another player at a position that is stronger? Unless Zhamnov can be had for cheap, it makes little sense for the Canucks to be interested in him.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I totally disagree with this statement. Compare our centre to St Louis, Colorado, Detroit, Philly, Toronto, Ottawa, Dallas, and even San Jose and it is clear we are not in their class at the pivot spot.
Center isn't a weak point for the team. Just because a handful of teams have a better group of centermen doesn't mean it's a weakpoint for the Canucks.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:26 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Local media also saw goaltending as a problem. Suffice it to say, I don't put much stock into what the local media feels are the Canucks problems. I feel I have enough hockey knowledge to make my own conclusions.

Why though? Why break up a sure thing like the top line, as well as a top notch defensive line of Cooke-Linden-Arvedson? It's pretty clear to everyone that the Canucks hole on offense is on the Sedins wing. King filled that hole early in the season, but he's far too inconsistent for that role at this time. Why not make a trade to solidify that hole rather then add another player at a position that is stronger? Unless Zhamnov can be had for cheap, it makes little sense for the Canucks to be interested in him.

Well I think it is fair for anyone to criticize Dan Cloutier as he has not done much in the post-season to prove otherwise. I think he will but the catcalls are justified from where I stand.

I agree I would rather see a right winger but that does no mean we can't improve (or shouldn't) at centre. I would be satisfied doing either.

There is no guarantee that Arvedson is going to be in any shape for the playoffs to shut down the opponents best lines. He is a real question mark at this point.

Closed Thread