HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets__02/05/08__7:00PM EST

Old
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Rick Nash showed his 2 way value last night, but Ovechkin is the most offensively gifted player in the league and I doubt he's ever going to be expected or pushed to be solid 2 ways.
I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation. Ovechkin's defensive play has been a focus. Its been very public his work on his defensive game. I certainly hope you are not trying to lay Nash's shortie on Ovechkin. That was on Backstrom who should not have attempted that pass.

Ovechkin's defense play on the PP point has been a joy to watch. He is a destroyer.

As for Cheechootrain's point, he is correct. Nash was laying on top of Johnson in the crease when Backstrom started Ovechkin the other way for the first Washington goal of the game. that was as crash the net as you get.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Kegger

vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
When Nash scored the shortie, and the arena is going absolutely crazy, I thought to myself that we would look back on that moment as when our season turned around and we swept to the playoffs. Then, a few minutes later when Chimera scored, I was positive that was going to happen. Then,

When there was absolutely no retaliation for Pazzy, I realized the team had died.

On the other hand, when Boll flattened Brashear, Brashear was really shook up while he was sitting on the bench. It took awhile to recover.

I had been putting off scheduling any trips in April. I guess that month just opened up for travel.
That was a good hit by Boll. I thought Brashear had an injured shoulder after the way he went off the ice...

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechooTrain View Post
That was a good hit by Boll. I thought Brashear had an injured shoulder after the way he went off the ice...
It was an awesome hit. I'm actually surprised Brash kept his cool and didn't go after Boll after that.

I've been working on a Jared Boll highlight movie all year, anyone know where I can find video of his hit on Brash. The DVR didn't work last night

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I saw a comment that Pazzy let in a softie on the first goal. From my seat in 203, I heard the puck hit Pazzy's pad. A very loud thump. From our angle, it literally looked like the puck went through Pazzy. Not sure how that is a softie, he got part of it.

Ovie just has a lot of power. Both of his goals were absolute bullets - so quick. We just need to pick a player to go work with Ovie's personal trainer over the summer to get the proper upper body strength or whatever it takes to do that.

As far as their third goal, it was in and out of the net so fast I didn't even see it. It would have been nice to see a replay in the arena. People started booing because people didn't see the goal happen in the first place.

It looked like Foote's job last night was "cover Ovie". There was once in the third that the puck went down their side of the ice behind Foote and he just stayed with Ovie. Foote can get away with stuff that would have had Tollie sitting in the box all night. That is what experience and a reputation can get ya. Ovie was giving people little shoves and stuff all night long too.

We needed 2 points. I'll take 1. Giving them the 2nd point doesn't directly hurt us.

I think the guys are feeling better, but are not healthy yet. The question is whether it ends up going around a second time through the room before they are all healthy. They seemed to have more jump last night then in the Minny game.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Watch the game from both angles not just with the blue glasses; how many times was Brent Johnson plowed into before that? I can think of 2-3 times...
I am not watching thru blue glasses .. I know we hit your goalie but your goalie was not hurt mine was.. That comment was from a fan who was upset to see her teams goalie really get hurt and no one do a darn thing about it ..

Old
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Watch the game from both angles not just with the blue glasses; how many times was Brent Johnson plowed into before that? I can think of 2-3 times...
With a full head of steam, straight in from the blue line?

Riiiiiiggggghhhtttt.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
countthecashricknash

I did some quick math and figured out, point-percentage-wise, phoenix is rounding out the 8th spot with a final total average looking like 91 pts. To finish with 92 points we need to go 17-9-1 the rest of the way. Can the CBJ make this happen?

countthecashricknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
We got the backup treatment with Brent Johnson again, and still couldn't win.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
We got the backup treatment with Brent Johnson again, and still couldn't win.
I thought that last night at one point to, but it's been said before we have a way of making many goalies look great. It's just a simple lack of enough skilled players, plain and simple. One of the problems is that we can play so well at times under Hitchcocks leadership we expect to play that way all the time. Perhaps that's another bar I have set to high. We need some skilled offensive players other than Nash and Zherdev, if that doesn't happen one way or another our scoring woes will continue.

The other thing, one major reason we are (or were?) even close to the 8th seed is due to Leclaires 8 shutouts, if he hadn't played so well this year we wouldn't be this close to making the post season.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Oh yeah, if it wasn't for Leclaire we'd be on the bottom with LA and Edmonton.

And now that he's banged up, the Jackets true colors are showing.

Leclaire made us look like a better team than we really were.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Oh yeah, if it wasn't for Leclaire we'd be on the bottom with LA and Edmonton.

And now that he's banged up, the Jackets true colors are showing.

Leclaire made us look like a better team than we really were.
You could say the same thing about Zher and Nasher.

It's probably true about ALL team sports that one or two players makes the team better than they would be without them.

Another question that remains unanswered is whether or not Leclaire HIMSELF was playing above his level, and the last few games he was finding his true level. I hope not.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

For People who missed it, highlights:

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Nearly 9000 views and 500 posts, wow. I don't track GDT numbers but these seem high.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 11:49 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Nearly 9000 views and 500 posts, wow. I don't track GDT numbers but these seem high.
Half of those have got to be from us who were at the game trying to figure out how the third goal was scored. And this video package STILL doesn't show me what happened!
(I heard it WAS in BTW)

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Half of those have got to be from us who were at the game trying to figure out how the third goal was scored. And this video package STILL doesn't show me what happened!
(I heard it WAS in BTW)
It was in. Did a lap around the back of the net, just under the crossbar.
But, man, was it fast.

(Yeah, Freddy No really sucks. He can't stop what we can't even see)

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
(I heard it WAS in BTW)
Think of the goal Nashville scored a few weeks back.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote