HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

calgary game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2004, 03:47 AM
  #1
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
calgary game

What the?

12 shots!

Against Turek?

I do not get to see the games but this game is upsetting me. Turek has been a sieve. A 4 point game at home and we only manage 12 shots?

Pathetic.

Any hopes for a playoff have been lost IMO.

Any positive news to share (other than another solid effort by the goalie)?


Last edited by ducky: 01-28-2004 at 04:17 AM.
ducky is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 03:57 AM
  #2
Unknown Fan
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Positive.......why do ppl overlook his heart...

Tyson Nash.....I WILL never understand how he can be a healthy scratch, he has more heart than anyone on this team, atleast when you play the puck around him you know your going to get HIT...no one else does that on this team...... the other team has no worries about playing the puck and getting hit......And Nagy she needs to get over her cryin whenever she is heldup abit, standing there and looking at the ref while the play moves up ice...sickening already...and what even more sickening is the diving she does......

Tonight this team showed there true meddle IMO....


Last edited by Unknown Fan: 01-28-2004 at 04:00 AM.
 
Old
01-28-2004, 03:59 AM
  #3
vsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: moscow, russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
I wonder what the Coyotes will look like against Ottawa... If same, we're gonna beat the recent Rangers feat and surrender more that nine...

vsmith is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 04:17 AM
  #4
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
I bet we set a team record and get ZERO shots in a period.

ducky is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
  #5
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
This Calgary game was a real disappointment. As the Flames is one of the team we are chasing for a playoff spot, it is frustrating to see such offensive vacuity. I think that the fighting spirit gets a bit run down when you are chasing the 8th playoff spot for months but you are constantly 2-3 points away. So you end up with performing gaps like yesterday night.
I believe that the all star break just can't come soon enough for the Coyotes right now. Boucher's streak has taken a lot of energy and I suspect there isn't much petrol left in the Coyotes tank at the moment. But let's hope I am wrong and two good wins against the Sens and the Stars are coming.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 02:39 PM
  #6
Yotes03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
The way this team consistently does not show up for big games is inexcusable. It's not that we aren't winning these games, we aren't even competing in them. It makes me believe that the playoffs are a long shot.

I agree with unknown fan's take on Nagy. Not only does he dive and whine at no calls, but he is also one of the laziest players on this team. He never skates to the puck, he always sits back and expects it to come to him. He's turned into a poor mans jagr. Francis should put him in the press box on Thursday.


Last edited by Yotes03: 01-28-2004 at 02:55 PM.
Yotes03 is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 03:29 PM
  #7
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 500
I don't know who you can blame other than the players at a point like this. If they aren't showing up prepared, and they aren't even getting shots on net, it's beyond coaching.

I would rather take a lotto pick at this point than be on the bubble for the playoffs, or lose 4-0 in a sweep during the playoffs. I don't see it happening because I believe the management would prefer the revenue from the 2 guaranteed playoff games in Phoenix if we make it, but dismantle the vets from this team at the deadline and keep the core together. Trade Sillinger, Gratton, Burke, Savage, for what you can and even Hulse if the price is right. If the price is right for anyone of course you take it. Get some young prospects and picks back and then see how the team looks post-CBA. Then the Coyotes would be rid of salary and might be able to make a few smart trades with teams trying to get under a cap or for other financial reasons. I know that every year you have to have the goal of winning the Stanley Cup, but we can't beat teams ahead of us in playoff contention, I don't see us stringing 16 wins out of 28 games max to win a Cup at this point either.

I think the only hope is that we are able to develop players that will fill the holes on the team, and make smart trades to go along with that.

Guest is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 04:23 PM
  #8
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor
 
scoob4093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Springfield Ma.
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoyotes
I don't know who you can blame other than the players at a point like this. If they aren't showing up prepared, and they aren't even getting shots on net, it's beyond coaching.

I would rather take a lotto pick at this point than be on the bubble for the playoffs, or lose 4-0 in a sweep during the playoffs. I don't see it happening because I believe the management would prefer the revenue from the 2 guaranteed playoff games in Phoenix if we make it, but dismantle the vets from this team at the deadline and keep the core together. Trade Sillinger, Gratton, Burke, Savage, for what you can and even Hulse if the price is right. If the price is right for anyone of course you take it. Get some young prospects and picks back and then see how the team looks post-CBA. Then the Coyotes would be rid of salary and might be able to make a few smart trades with teams trying to get under a cap or for other financial reasons. I know that every year you have to have the goal of winning the Stanley Cup, but we can't beat teams ahead of us in playoff contention, I don't see us stringing 16 wins out of 28 games max to win a Cup at this point either.

I think the only hope is that we are able to develop players that will fill the holes on the team, and make smart trades to go along with that.

Cheer up. Martin Podlesak and Kiel McLeod are but a phone call away.

scoob4093 is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 07:07 PM
  #9
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes03
The way this team consistently does not show up for big games is inexcusable. It's not that we aren't winning these games, we aren't even competing in them. It makes me believe that the playoffs are a long shot.

I agree with unknown fan's take on Nagy. Not only does he dive and whine at no calls, but he is also one of the laziest players on this team. He never skates to the puck, he always sits back and expects it to come to him. He's turned into a poor mans jagr. Francis should put him in the press box on Thursday.
Come on, maybe Nagy isn't the most constant player but he has been one of our best threat this year and his progression has been quite sensational so far (so near to be an All Star). I don't think we just can blame him because the team has had two poor games from which we still -very luckily and thanks to Boucher- managed to take two points.
We are still within a shot of a playoff place when at the start of the season every pundits thought we would rather be competing for the Ovechkin race with a high draft 2005 pick. Many thought that the Coyotes would finish 30th.
Plus the franchise globally is definitly on the way up and whatever playoffs or not, i believe that we will be in a good position entering the CBA and its consequences.
Anyway as everyone else I was gutted by the performance against Calgary and I expect a reaction against the Sens. We may well not win that game but I think we will be competing hard. I trust Shane Doan to motivate the team.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 08:07 PM
  #10
Unknown Fan
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
C'mon Paris.....you make it sound like scoring goals is everything.....Nagy is setting a bad example for this team....he is very lazy....and the refs ARE and WILL remain ignoring his whiney liitle pleas for help....and like I said in my original post....If 1/3 of this team had the heart Nash does...life would be good....

 
Old
01-28-2004, 08:54 PM
  #11
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Fan
C'mon Paris.....you make it sound like scoring goals is everything.....Nagy is setting a bad example for this team....he is very lazy....and the refs ARE and WILL remain ignoring his whiney liitle pleas for help....and like I said in my original post....If 1/3 of this team had the heart Nash does...life would be good....
I don't think that scoring is everything but to get goals is what is expected from Nagy and I think he is achieving that. I don't expect him to spend his shifts throwing hits or to get 100PIM of fighting majors in a season.
Lazy? well if you are right then I am sure Francis will bench him.
Now I agree that he could give more effort defending and it pisses me off that he gets under the skin of refs with his antics rather than of the opposite defenders.
But he is still very young and if he is smart, he will learn.
Nash has generous energy and a big heart but this is what we expect from a gritty fourth liner. That is his job, not more not less. I like him but at the same time I know that any team ready to give a nice pick or a nice prospect for him and he will be gone.
Anyway I respect your opinions and i will be as happy as you if the team was generally more agressive. But I know that with the young line up we have, I don't think we are still very able to keep the discipline right whilst checking hard the opposite teams. This need to progress a lot.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
01-28-2004, 10:48 PM
  #12
Yotes03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
You're right Paris, Nagy's role is to score and so far he is doing that. But his all-around game needs adjustment and so does his attitude IMO. How many times have you seen him get taken down in the offensive zone and then dog it back to his own zone screaming at the refs? Meanwhile we're usually giving up yet another scoring chance, maybe two by the time he gets back to help. This of course is assuming he didn't retaliate immediately and pick up a cheap minor after the original no call. It seems like this is becoming a nightly occurrence for him. He also seems to wait for the puck to come to him in our own zone. Letís face it, break-outs are not a thing of beauty for this team right now. We need all the help we can get just clearing the zone let alone taking possession through the neutral zone. It doesn't help when Nagy stands at the blue line and rarely ever skates down to pick up the pass or fight for a lose puck.

I'm not trying to single him out because right now there are a lot of guys guilty of this and other lazy plays. But I would love to see Bobby sit him Thursday. Hopefully, heís going to play a big role in the future of this franchise. I just hate to see him developing these bad habits already.


Last edited by Yotes03: 01-28-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Yotes03 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.