HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Okay, what did I miss?

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 03:24 AM
hockey_nut

vCash: 500
Okay, what did I miss?

Can someone please explain to be how Buffalo destroyed us? I missed the game... trying to catch up on what the hell happened... Thanks in advance!

Old
01-28-2004, 03:30 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Easy.

From what I've heard, Biron stood on his head. Bound to happen from a goalie rumoured to be on the block.

In the words of Julien "We could just stand there, shaking our heads"

I'm sure every other team has said that about Theodore at one time or another, it was bound to happen to us.

Old
01-28-2004, 03:54 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Ya Biron did to us, what we have done too so many teams lately. We had a 3-1 lead easily had Biron not played like god. So we had to break our defensive game, and boy do we remember what that looked like from last year.

Old
01-28-2004, 11:19 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Can someone please explain to be how Buffalo destroyed us? I missed the game... trying to catch up on what the hell happened... Thanks in advance!
Biron was the man... and our team had the flu...

Old
01-28-2004, 11:43 AM
BLONG7

Biron was awesome, and now has a 9-3 record vs the Habs. Balej in close on the PP and Juneau's 2-1 with Sundstrom were huge saves for the Sabres and the next thing ya know it's in our net. Theo played very well in the first two periods but in the third he had a letdown and the boys couldn't score, Kudos to Biron! Off to Minnesota...

Old
01-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Balej in close on the PP and Juneau's 2-1 with Sundstrom were huge saves for the Sabres and the next thing ya know it's in our net.
Am I the only one who thinks if Dagenais had the chance Balej did it would of been in the net. Not knocking Balej, but damn, lift the puck! He slammed that right into Biron's pad.
The save on Juneau will be making a lot of highlight films mind you.

Ya, Biron played great, but we went through some stretches where we seems like we were going through the motions as well.

Old
01-28-2004, 01:55 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Am I the only one who thinks if Dagenais had the chance Balej did it would of been in the net. Not knocking Balej, but damn, lift the puck! He slammed that right into Biron's pad.
Dags wouldn't have been fast enough to get into position for that chance (if we are thinking of the same one of course). Plus Balej must still be nervous; it was only his third game after all. It is pointless to worry about it too much.

Old
01-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Dags wouldn't have been fast enough to get into position for that chance (if we are thinking of the same one of course). Plus Balej must still be nervous; it was only his third game after all. It is pointless to worry about it too much.
I'm not putting alot of stock into it, it just would of been a huge play in the game if that turned out to be a goal.
I chalked it up to rookie nerves and hope next time Balej buries it.

Closed Thread