HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Poll: How many think there are too many stupid posts?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
New Poll: How many think there are too many stupid posts?

If you are of the same opinion as I am, I would love to hear your response. Do you think that there are simply way too many stupid, non-sensible posts being submitted? Yes or No? I cannot believe what some post on here. For example, trading Ribiero for Bergeron. Why? Even if one thinks it's a good idea - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, BABY! Another post which has taken up way too much space and time - trading Captain Koivu. Why? He's the captain, our inspiration and God-knows the Habs' true leader on and off the ice. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, BABY! How about those who post such stupid things shut up and let people who are in the know about the real rumors out there in hockey land handle that department? How about we focus more on how the team is doing in a positive way than trying to predict out-of-this-world stupid trades either thought to be happening or wishing to happen? How about we spend our space and time revealing the great things happening on the farm and throughout our system of prospects rather than wasting so much energy on hearsay? How many agree with me? I don't post very often because I am not as close to the action as many here are. I wish I was but I still enjoy reading the many, great informative posts on our players and prospects. Keep up the good work, you great Hab posters, because they are many guys like myself who enjoy reading the insight you submit. Here's wishing for a great HABS playoff run! GO HABS!

Old
01-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Darz

vCash: 500
I dunno, the trade Koivu thing has gotten a bit out of hand, and some trade proposals are pretty far fetched, but I really don't have a problem with the posts as a whole. What one person thinks is a useless thread another might find interesting. The last thing I want to see happen is posters who are afraid to post their thoughts and comments because they figure a bunch of posters are going to jump all over them for it.
The board as of late has been in my opinion pretty good, and truthfully I see no need for things to change.

Persoanlly, I don't like seeing comments like "How about those who post such stupid things shut up" posted here. Please remember this is a public forum. No one persons opinion is worth more than anothers.

Just my opinion.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:11 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
I absolutely agree.

What p!sses me off the most, are these stupid adolescent posters, that feel a need to rant after every loss, some after every play. I honestly feel that they think that they know this hot secret that can turn this team around after a loss. well, NEWSFLASH kiddies! YOU DON'T!

I hope you realize that to most posters around here, what we picture when we read this unintelligible bull****, we see a little girl taking a hissy fit in a mall because she can't get that teddy bear she's always wanted.

Grow up!

seriously if I see one more, "Rivet sucks wee played like crap were all weak BG has to do something Saku isn't a no 1 center Julien needs to get fired trade rivet brisebois koivu markov komisarek hiansey for whatever 3rd liner impressed you this weak with his blocking of a shot or body check" I'll punch a hole in my computer!

Old
01-27-2004, 03:12 PM
mcphee

While I tire of the constant justifacation of the abilities of Koivu and to an extent Ribeiro, I don't consider myself more knowledgeable than those who disagree. You can't limit posts to those who agree with you, kind of a freedom of speech issue. Personally, I don't like polls, the either/or nature of them doesn't lead to much interesting discussion. The Ribeiro/Bergeron thread, I assume, was started to make a point about the perceived silliness of another thread, though the value of the players involved is always open to debate. The poster in question imo is pretty knowledgeable, though he doesn't need me to defend him. The over abundance of discussion of the same topic is what is annoying, but that's just the way it is. The desire to get a bigger more aggressive team is a valid issue. There are varying points of view as to how and how fast to achieve this.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Gros Bill

Very simple solution, # 1 Habitant, don't read those threads you don't like. That's what I do. That way, anyone can say what they want, but you're not subjected to it.

Welcome aboard, by the way. Have you paid your initiation fees ? Or are we going to have to do this the hard way?

Old
01-27-2004, 03:51 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Habitant
I don't think it's such a big deal; at least they're still talking about the Habs or at the very least hockey in general.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
HABitude

Welcome aboard #1Habitant, don't worry, this board is not Leaf's board, ... not yet, lol. :p

I like a board when people expressed their view freely without fear of everybody jump at them. Having a board where everybody thinks exactly the same would be boring. Why would they exchange ideas if they all think the same?
The only thing that would need to be change is stick more to respect over each other, stick to the rules of a healthy board, in the possible measure. When seniors members of this board sees the same g*&%# topic over and over again about trading their beloved captain or comparing Koivu with Ribeiro, I can understand they are getting really tired of these endless discussions. I can understand their frustration. I think for now it's not good at all to start these kind of threads. I understand it myself for the good of this board and yes, I was annoyed when I saw several threads and pools like that recently.

I do often what many suggest : I don't read everything. I don't have time for that, I spend already to much time on internet forums.

Old
01-28-2004, 12:52 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
While I tire of the constant justifacation of the abilities of Koivu and to an extent Ribeiro, I don't consider myself more knowledgeable than those who disagree. You can't limit posts to those who agree with you, kind of a freedom of speech issue. Personally, I don't like polls, the either/or nature of them doesn't lead to much interesting discussion. The Ribeiro/Bergeron thread, I assume, was started to make a point about the perceived silliness of another thread, though the value of the players involved is always open to debate. The poster in question imo is pretty knowledgeable, though he doesn't need me to defend him. The over abundance of discussion of the same topic is what is annoying, but that's just the way it is. The desire to get a bigger more aggressive team is a valid issue. There are varying points of view as to how and how fast to achieve this.
right
everyone has a different vision on how to improve our team even if it is trading koivu or getting the flavor of the week. that being said, most of us have a common goal, to see our team win the cup. we, very fortunately might i add, live in a country where we have freedom of expression. what you may not like just might trigger someone elses fancy so i guess we all will have to put up with whatever is put out there even if it is the dumbest thing you have ever seen.
so not to try to ruffle the feathers of the "sensitive" posters on the board, there is one simple action you can take that is very common amongst pro hockey players; don't read anything that you dont like.

Old
01-28-2004, 10:04 AM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
no

one person's foolish post is anothers favorite

Old
01-28-2004, 10:55 AM
#44_delivers

i think these threads on "no more threads" are getting out of control
i think i read about 3 or 4 threads on how other threads suck, and how stop posting useless threads, well the first one wasnt useless, but the other ones are not really necissary is it?

anyways we are all freinds here , we all cheer for the best team in the world, [ well maybe a tie with galatasaray ], but what i mean is i noticed a kind of lack of respect for each other, calling somebodies opinions or ideas stupid, or making fun is not nice.

i love this place becuase it keeps me very up to date with prospects we have, and fellow habs fans thoughts on certian subjects regarding our team, this place is awsome, and with very nice people. i am only a rookie here(1 month user) but i i truely love reading certain users posts, theres alote of knowledge and opinions being expressed here its up to us what we do with it.

ps : sorry about the spelling and grammar

Old
01-28-2004, 12:16 PM
BLONG7

This is a pretty good site to get the inside scoop on the team from alot of different perspectives... that being said, there are a few odd threads and posts, but that's what you are going to get on a site like this. I too do not like the bandwagon jumpers with some insane ideas, usually from younger posters, and there are some really negative posters here too, but we have to put up with this and let them express their opinion, like it or not. Most posters here are fairly knowledgeable(sp) and just want the Habs to play well and get in the playoffs...Don't take this stuff too seriously, have fun with it, the Montreal Canadiens have more armchair GM's than any team in the NHL, and one of the best GM's running the real show!

Closed Thread