HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[GDT 53:] 2/6/08 Washington Capitals @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM-ET (CSN) *Hextall*

Old
02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
just to follow up on Hatcher's TOI. Timonen leads our team with 23:45/game. Hatcher is #2 with 21:39, followed by Richards with 21:38. Honestly, there is no reason for Hatcher to be on the ice as much as Cannon. I understand that we may be 'limited' in whatever way, but Derian Hatcher should not be playing this much.

Smith is 13th with 17:26/game. I can live with that, especially since we will hopefully have a few more capable defensemen in the future who can make up for all the time Hatcher is hogging.
personally, i think Stevens leans on Richards too much as well... defense is one thing, as there's less skating and such. putting forwards out there that much in the regular season is asking a LOT when you consider it over an 82 game schedule. we are a deep team at forward, wish he'd distribute time a little better amongst the forwards to keep everyone fresh.

i'd much rather see top forwards in the 19 minute range, which may seem trivial... but if you cut 2.5 minutes a game off a guys time on ice that works out to 200+ minutes over the course of a season. that's a lot of miles.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
doesn't mean events would have played out exactly the same if Hartnell's goal counts. did the call suck? sure. however, you can't say, "game would have been tied!"
you can never assume the game would have been tied. say that goal counts, the Caps may have changed their strategy then on how they wanted to finish out the period. the matchups may have been differant ect ect.
It sucks that goal got waived off, but it also sucks the Flyers didnt play with any kind of urgency or desperation until after it got to 4-1, and in the NHL that is usually going to get you beat every single time.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
personally, i think Stevens leans on Richards too much as well... defense is one thing, as there's less skating and such. putting forwards out there that much in the regular season is asking a LOT when you consider it over an 82 game schedule. we are a deep team at forward, wish he'd distribute time a little better amongst the forwards to keep everyone fresh.

i'd much rather see top forwards in the 19 minute range, which may seem trivial... but if you cut 2.5 minutes a game off a guys time on ice that works out to 200+ minutes over the course of a season. that's a lot of miles.
i agree. every time i see richards (or his linemates) draw a penalty and then see him stay out for the PP, or the PK if it's the other way around, I get nervous. I know they're professionals, etc - but when you get tired, you have a better chance of getting hurt

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
His shifts are ridiculously long because he's too ****ing slow to get to the bench before the rush is coming towards him again. He just has to go.
He also has teh balls to pinch in... I mean ***... Ok he had his one goal nad his dad was very happy, enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
I think the question is would you prefer Hatcher for 1 more season .. or Smith for 3 more seasons ???

Personally I'd probably go Hatcher for just the one year.
3 is too long. 2 years for Smith. Hatcher waived.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
I think the question is would you prefer Hatcher for 1 more season .. or Smith for 3 more seasons ???

Personally I'd probably go Hatcher for just the one year.
I choose Smith for 3 years. Jester said, he plays within his abilities, and his icetime has been far reduced in the last while.

Smith for 13-15 minutes a night is enormously more tempting than Hatcher for 21.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 03:43 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Sadly, Stevens loves and I mean LOVES Hatcher. You can tell when he comments him on everything. I dont see Stevens giving up on the Hatch...

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Great comment of the night.

After the 4th goal, a Washington fan started cheering, and a Flyers fan told him to sit down, after a small arguement, it ended with the Flyers fan going:

"SHUT UP! It's one game. Your team sucks, you can barely win when your whole division sucks. How many teams in your division are going to the playoffs? One?!?!"

I nearly fell over laughing.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
curtisinpa

heres all the videos of the night on Youtube. Please comment.

Ron Hextall Tribute Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiqkTgLZ5o

Ron Hextall Introduction Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQbr5qj7zo

Ron Hextall Flyers Hall of Fame Ceremony part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34-Gu8EmhH4

Ron Hextall Flyers Hall of Fame Ceremony part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaJrILOnzI

curtisinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:57 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2100
I'm not sure if this has been posted:
Quote:
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

Philadelphia Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren gave an update today as to the injury status of Scottie Upshall. Upshall will be out for 7-10 days after sustaining an ankle sprain, and will remain in a cast until the weekend.

It is a different injury from a high-ankle sprain and also separate from his previous injury (sprained right ankle) that kept him out of the line up for five games from Dec. 30, 2007 through Jan. 10, 2008.

Upshall suffered the injury in the second period of last night's contest against the Washington Capitals.

The only horse to win the Florida Derby, the Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic. Sire to multiple Grade 1 champions. The last horse to sire a winner in each Triple Crown race. Grandsire to American Pharoah.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote