HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 3 for your dealine

Old
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Gman7191

vCash: 500
Top 3 for your dealine

Alright so everyone knows the trade deadline is coming up, but based on rumors of who's available, who are the top 3 that you guys want according to the players abilities and the price we would pay for him.

My top 3:
1. Dan Boyle, although it looks like he will resign, if we could create room for him, it would make the blues one of the best teams IMO
2. Brian Cambell, another puck moving defensemen, because I think it is one of our bigger needs
3. Vaclav Prospal, not as hgihly sought after as Hossa/Sundin, but still very good and possibly could be had for cheaper

Although Boyle (escpecially) and Cambell would be pretty pricey I left of Sundin and Hossa because I think they would command even more and would hurt our efforts to build from the draft more so than aquring any other palyers.

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

None of them unless they sign upon arrival.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
txbluesfan44

1. Trade Jackman
2. Trade Rucinsky
3. Trade Legace (if blown away by an offer)
4. Trade Walker
5. Re-sign Salvador
6. Re-sign R.Johnson

Receive picks, picks, and more picks and young forward(s) with upside

txbluesfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:30 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbluesfan44 View Post
1. Trade Jackman
2. Trade Rucinsky
3. Trade Legace (if blown away by an offer)
4. Trade Walker
5. Re-sign Salvador
6. Re-sign R.Johnson

Can live with this, but wouldn't hate seeing Boyle/Campbell in the 'Note.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
txbluesfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
Can live with this, but wouldn't hate seeing Boyle/Campbell in the 'Note.
Earlier today a guy named "Golish" over at another board who at times has been "in the know", mentioned that there was something going on and that Campbell had been dicussed, and I admit I was as excited as the next guy. But realistically, unless its Campbell for Mckee (and we absorb the risk of re-signing him), I just can't see us using the bullets to aquire him.

Last edited by txbluesfan44: 02-06-2008 at 07:23 PM.
txbluesfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Earlier today a guy named "Golish" over at another board who at times has been "in the know", mentioned that there was something going on and that Campbell had been dicussed, and I admit I was as excited as the next guy. But realistically, unless its Campbell for Mckee and we worry about re-signing him later, I just can't see us having the bullets to get him.
This guy is about as in the know as you or I. He predicted the Blues would sign Kariya (got the contract details completely wrong) and is now worshipped as some kind of source. That's the same as if someone on here, in the "Predict where these big names end up" thread, were to successfully guess where JAckman will go. Doesn't make them :in the know", just makes them lucky. For the record he has been wrong a couple of times since his big day as well.

BTW: Dudemeister is no better.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:43 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
1. Trade Jackman - definitely
2. Trade Rucinsky - ideally, but absolutely no guarantee to find a buyer
3. Trade Legace (if blown away by an offer) - this is questionable. Toivonen and Schwarz aren't ready. You could seriously stunt the team's progress by getting rid of Legace. But, yea, if you get an offer you just can't turn down, go for it.
4. Trade Walker - sure, but again, even though he wants a trade, there might not be any takers
5. Re-sign Salvador - agreed, but again, if you get a really sweet offer, go for it
6. Re-sign R.Johnson - I like RJ, but he's not essential. I just assume deal him to a playoff-bound team with crappy PK for a pick. If they keep him, then I hope they trade Hinote to free up some roster space.

I also wouldn't mind seeing McKee dealt. I think they'll hang onto Backman and that's fine. I'd like to see them keep Mayers, but there will be suitors again this year.

Regarding guys coming in, none of the big names excite me that much. I just want to see the Blues streamline themselves, get some picks and youngsters, and clear some roster space for guys like Oshie, Berglund, Woywitka, Wagner, Polak, and Lemtyugov. If they can pick up an NHL-ready scorer in the process, I'm all for it. But no UFA's unless they will be signed and fit into longterm plans.

Old
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post

I also wouldn't mind seeing McKee dealt. I think they'll hang onto Backman and that's fine. I'd like to see them keep Mayers, but there will be suitors again this year.

Regarding guys coming in, none of the big names excite me that much. I just want to see the Blues streamline themselves, get some picks and youngsters, and clear some roster space for guys like Oshie, Berglund, Woywitka, Wagner, Polak, and Lemtyugov. If they can pick up an NHL-ready scorer in the process, I'm all for it. But no UFA's unless they will be signed and fit into longterm plans.
We should be able to find a taker for Walker. We're getting close to the deadline. Prices are going up for players. You could get a guy like Walker who has some use as a bottom pairing defenseman and enforcer, for a much cheaper rate than other defensemen who will be available. Hell, the Canucks just called up Zack Fitzgerald, offer them Walker for a 5th round pick or so and see if they bite.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
We should be able to find a taker for Walker. We're getting close to the deadline. Prices are going up for players. You could get a guy like Walker who has some use as a bottom pairing defenseman and enforcer, for a much cheaper rate than other defensemen who will be available. Hell, the Canucks just called up Zack Fitzgerald, offer them Walker for a 5th round pick or so and see if they bite.
Yea, I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just not guaranteed. If a team has their sights set on somebody else and loses out, a depth player with toughness can be appealing. It just depends.

Old
02-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
With Legace, swap him out for another goalie, honestly I dont want to see Emery with us (which is what a lot of people have been talking about ) I wouldn't mind seeing Holmqvist in a Blue note. He isn't doing as hot right now but a change of scenery might help. Alex Auld went into Boston and kicked major butt. He was sat when Thomas came back. I am kinda scared to say so but how about Raycroft? He isn't a bad goalie and he seems to play well in St. Louis. Against us though. But he plays well here. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Note.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:47 AM
kimzey59

My Deadline Priority list:

1) Clearing out some D men(at least 3 of Jackman, Walker, McKee and Backman should be moved) so we can make a run at a legit PPQB this summer(preferably Redden)

2) Clear out the lower end of our forward ranks(Hinote, McClement, Rucinsky) to make room for Oshie/Berglund/Lemtyugov next year.

3) Top-end picks.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote