HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Mozyakin second in RSL scoring race

Old
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Exactly. As the leading goaltender in the NOSL (Norwalk Ohio Super League) I have never surrendered a goal. That doesn't put me in line to replace Pazzy.
Ah, so you're on the west side then? I'm on the east side of Cleveland.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Wow. This really isn't worth crapping on each other's leagues/nations. Sergei is a grown-up and he likes living in Russia and playing in the RSL. Like WrightOn said, he doesn't want to be here. If that's the case, I don't want him here either.

Old
02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Wow. This really isn't worth crapping on each other's leagues/nations. Sergei is a grown-up and he likes living in Russia and playing in the RSL. Like WrightOn said, he doesn't want to be here. If that's the case, I don't want him here either.
I think what people are really going for is that they want him to want to be here. And I think we could pull that off as soon as we get our mind-control satellites working.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I do not think he is overated, he has sick skills, is capable of making pavel datsyuk-like moves. Is extremely quick.
Its hard to rate him period in my book until I at least see him in camp and probably need to see him play some NHL preseason games at least to form any opinion of his viability in NA. Brule has been a perfect example of this. The guy was lights out in QMJHL(or WHL juniors, whatever you want to call it) and Syracuse, but he's virtually invisible on the ice in the NHL.

There is a mental hurdle most players have to overcome on top of the sizable leap in physical ability from all other leagues to the NHL.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:26 AM
jore

Sergei's happy with his life and contract, good for him. It's quite likely he's making much more money than he would make in Columbus, and he gets to stay with his family and friends. Can't blame him.

He's very small, but he wouldn't be the first small player to star in the NHL. However we chose him with a 9th round pick, so there were serious doubts about his NHL career at that point already. Oh well, we've blown picks much higher than Mozyakin, and 9th round picks don't usually work out anyway.

It's true good numbers in Europe don't correlate to success in NHL. Certain Jan Caloun had 38+34=72 on 44 games in Finland in 99-00. Next season he joined the Blue Jackets...

However, the same Caloun also had 8+3 in 11 games with the Sharks on his first season in the NHL.

jore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:31 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Sergei Mozyakin would blow up in the NHL....

he is bigger than quite a few NHLers that play well Daytsuk, Kariya St Louis to name a few.. size isn't the issue. Doug MacLean snarkled this up in the beginning when he told the kid to stay in Russia if he was happier there.

Now that he has done so well it would be really hard to uproot his life for a shot at the NHL. This Blue Jacket fan may be alone but I have always thougtht the line of
Zherdev Svitov Moyzakin would be one of the more talented 2nd lines in the entire NHL. It may have been enough to change the direction of this franchise way back when.. course we will never know because like so many other things Doug had no imput from anyone other than Doug. He went after Sergei Federov to mentor young Zherdev, rather Sergei Moyzakin who may have had a bigger impact on getting Z's head on straight at an earlier time.

Rant off.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
CBJFan#1

As I understand it, because he was drafted, he'd have to take the rookie contract to come over here, right? And that's the main reason he hasn't come over is the significant drop in cash.

CBJFan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan#1 View Post
As I understand it, because he was drafted, he'd have to take the rookie contract to come over here, right? And that's the main reason he hasn't come over is the significant drop in cash.
Maybe a gentleman's agreement that he will sign after his obligation to sign with us is up and he can sign for a higher amount???

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 02:29 AM
ThatOneGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
he is bigger than quite a few NHLers that play well Daytsuk, Kariya St Louis to name a few.. size isn't the issue. Doug MacLean snarkled this up in the beginning when he told the kid to stay in Russia if he was happier there.

Now that he has done so well it would be really hard to uproot his life for a shot at the NHL. This Blue Jacket fan may be alone but I have always thougtht the line of
Zherdev Svitov Moyzakin would be one of the more talented 2nd lines in the entire NHL. It may have been enough to change the direction of this franchise way back when.. course we will never know because like so many other things Doug had no imput from anyone other than Doug. He went after Sergei Federov to mentor young Zherdev, rather Sergei Moyzakin who may have had a bigger impact on getting Z's head on straight at an earlier time.

Rant off.
Datsyuk is 5'10, 190-95 lbs depending on the source. Hes not anywhere close to being Datsyuk's size.

ThatOneGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
I think most of us would love to see Sergei here.
But it isn't the Jackets fault he isn't. It's been his choice.
Contrary to popular belief in Columbus, it was a longtime dream of Mozyakin's to play in the NHL. In fact, at one point early in his career, he walked out on his team to play in the QMJHL - solely in pursuit of that very dream. And he has made it explicitly clear since that only reason he never gave North America another shot after being forced to return was due to the Jackets never having made him a concrete and financially passable offer. Judging by recent media reports; he has come to grips with not getting much opportunity as a 9th round pick and is content with where he is.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
And he don't want to be here too - family + long contract with his club .
I would stay also! People got to realize that not all players desire to come to NA! If i was in the NHL as a 4th liner and got a better offer in Russia i wouldn't go for the simple fact that i like it here in US around my family, friends and culture.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Imjustabill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
And he has made it explicitly clear since that only reason he never gave North America another shot after being forced to return was due to the Jackets never having made him a concrete and financially passable offer. Judging by recent media reports; he has come to grips with not getting much opportunity as a 9th round pick and is content with where he is.
9th round picks typically don't get concrete and financially passable offers from the clubs that draft them, so he shouldn't have been surprised (if he was) by not getting one. The Jackets were probably offering money to their ninth-round pick that was in line with what other teams were offering their ninth-rounders.

Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:18 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
Contrary to popular belief in Columbus, it was a longtime dream of Mozyakin's to play in the NHL. In fact, at one point early in his career, he walked out on his team to play in the QMJHL - solely in pursuit of that very dream. And he has made it explicitly clear since that only reason he never gave North America another shot after being forced to return was due to the Jackets never having made him a concrete and financially passable offer. Judging by recent media reports; he has come to grips with not getting much opportunity as a 9th round pick and is content with where he is.
I would love to ask him what is a concrete and financially passable offer for a ninth-rounder. Andrew Murray (Who I also believe was a ninth rounder and might have been either the same draft or the one right after) Is currently playing with the Bluejackets. He had to pay his dues though.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would stay also! People got to realize that not all players desire to come to NA! If i was in the NHL as a 4th liner and got a better offer in Russia i wouldn't go for the simple fact that i like it here in US around my family, friends and culture.
Hear hear.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4mCDZMWVWuc

(My second-favorite comedian, after Robin Williams.)

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Pluckfur

Mozyakin's been front seat to the Zherdev show - and I'm not talking this season, folks. Likely, Mo took a good long look at how Zherdev was treated by the coaching staff/ DM and the fanbase and said, "No thank you!"

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Mozyakin's been front seat to the Zherdev show - and I'm not talking this season, folks. Likely, Mo took a good long look at how Zherdev was treated by the coaching staff/ DM and the fanbase and said, "No thank you!"
That wouldn't surprise me. That, coupled with the squiffy contract question as a 9th rounder, the need to prove himself in a rookie camp, his success in the RSL, and being established at home all add up to very little incentive to move to NA to potentially take 4th line minutes on a team scraping to reach .500. I wish he wanted to be here, but if he doesn't, I can't really blame him.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post

He also saw Nikki on the fourth line and a healthy scratch in Russia, shortly before he re-signed here.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
I would love to ask him what is a concrete and financially passable offer for a ninth-rounder. Andrew Murray (Who I also believe was a ninth rounder and might have been either the same draft or the one right after) Is currently playing with the Bluejackets. He had to pay his dues though.
My understanding is that a concrete offer boils down to: "we want you to come play in Columbus next season and we will pay you "X" amount USD to do so." This offer then becomes financially passable if the aforementioned "X" isn't a ridiculous pay cut from the salary Mozyakin would have to walk away from.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Hear hear.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4mCDZMWVWuc

(My second-favorite comedian, after Robin Williams.)
I thought maybe you were talking about this guy.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote