HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit/Fla Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 04:27 AM
Clash*

vCash: 500
Let's see if people postin in this thread can comprehend this. Florida does not need an offensive minded defenseman. Therefore, any trade where Florida gets older, spends extra money on salary for someone older, and gets softer in their own end by pickin up another offensive minded defenseman will not be done. Wanna talk trade with Florida, drop the Tarnstrom name, and throw in names like Orpik, Whitney or Welch.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:33 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Let's see if people postin in this thread can comprehend this. Florida does not need an offensive minded defenseman. Therefore, any trade where Florida gets older, spends extra money on salary for someone older, and gets softer in their own end by pickin up another offensive minded defenseman will not be done. Wanna talk trade with Florida, drop the Tarnstrom name, and throw in names like Orpik, Whitney or Welch.
If you wanna talk names like Orpik, Whitney, or Welch you better be willing to give up the farm 50 times over.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:08 AM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
You're talking about the Pittsburgh Penguins, right?
Yep, but even the Penguins can afford to play their highest paid player (discluding Lemieux) 1.5 mill a year...some people just love to over-exaggerate....

Old
01-30-2004, 04:15 AM
AEKaki

Quote:
That's a lot for the Pthers to give up just for an offensive defenseman with no defense at all.

I'd think they'd take this deal:

Panthers get:
RW Aleksey Morozov
D Dick Tarnstrom
D Ondrej Nemec

Penguins get:
D Mike Van Ryn
2nd round pick in 2004

A classic salary dump for the Pens. However, they'll get immediate defensive help. It's a lot to give up, but that's been Pittsburgh's MO for a long time.

ooooh ok there
do u want a Whitney also with that... Maybe an Orpik as well.
Dude, overpaying for Van Ryn.

Morozov
Melichar
Rouleau

for

Huselius
Van Ryn

or
Huselius for Morozov
change of scenary for both

Old
01-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Yeah, and you start talking Weiss, Bouwmeester and Krajicek.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:32 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
ooooh ok there

Morozov
Melichar
Rouleau

for

Huselius
Van Ryn

or
Huselius for Morozov
Huselius is starting to heat up, and if he continues the trend, I dont see Duds trading him, even though he is looking for a top 3 Dman. As for Van Ryn, he isnt going anywhere period. He plays good defense, and has a great offensive game, especially with that rocket of a shot. Mike is going to be a mainstay on this team, and will be a big contributor in the future.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:32 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Huselius for Morozov
i would do that in a second

Old
01-30-2004, 04:35 AM
Doghouse

Send a message via AIM to Doghouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower 3:16
Yep, but even the Penguins can afford to play their highest paid player (discluding Lemieux) 1.5 mill a year...some people just love to over-exaggerate....
Well, to be accurate, Fleury would've been paid over 3 mil a year. Thus, he would've been the highest paid player.

Can't trade him though. So they're gonna send him down. Now, you can't tell me Caron and Aubin would do a better job than this young prodigy.

And also, you can't tell me that move wasn't made because of finance. And if you do, it's my belief that you are full of either penile or anal excrement.

Now, I understand you have to bring a prospect around properly so not to damage him in the longrun. However, why would you send a guy back to a league he's dominated, instead of developing him in an enviornment that he deserved to play in to begin with. He'll see more work at this level.

I mean look at a guy like Tom Barrasso. Drafted in '84. Made the team out of camp. Won the Vezina and the Calder in the same year. Do you honestly think that if he took time to develop he'd have a better career than he did?

Doubt it.

Old
01-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Quote:
Well, to be accurate, Fleury would've been paid over 3 mil a year. Thus, he would've been the highest paid player.

Can't trade him though. So they're gonna send him down. Now, you can't tell me Caron and Aubin would do a better job than this young prodigy.

And also, you can't tell me that move wasn't made because of finance. And if you do, it's my belief that you are full of either penile or anal excrement.

Now, I understand you have to bring a prospect around properly so not to damage him in the longrun. However, why would you send a guy back to a league he's dominated, instead of developing him in an enviornment that he deserved to play in to begin with. He'll see more work at this level.

I mean look at a guy like Tom Barrasso. Drafted in '84. Made the team out of camp. Won the Vezina and the Calder in the same year. Do you honestly think that if he took time to develop he'd have a better career than he did?

Doubt it.
You seem to be telling me I can't tell you a lot of things I've never said.....why you are implying I have is beyond me.....with Fleury back in the juniors I am pretty sure Aleksey is our highest at 1.5. Come to think of it, if Fleury stuck around and things continued like this, IMHO he may not even of been able to hit the ridiculously easy bonuses set for him, the penguins defense is THAT bad....as I brought up a minute ago, I never said a Caron/Aubin tandem would fare better, but IMO they can't fair all too much worse....I am also well aware that finance played a role in this move (more words that you seem to put in my mouth for only god knows why), which means I am in fact not made of 'penile or anal excrement' as you so childishly put it....and as for Barasso, you nor anyone else will ever know for sure, and it's a moot point because Barasso had a better team around him, and Fleury was not on pace to win the Vezina or the Calder this season, let alone both. Cases can be made for either call, and I for one am sick of names being chucked around.....he is not Tom Barasso, he is not Dan Blackburn, he is not Rick Dipietro.....he is MA Fleury, and does not by any means have to follow the path of any goaltender before him....

Old
01-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Doghouse

Send a message via AIM to Doghouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower 3:16
You seem to be telling me I can't tell you a lot of things I've never said.....why you are implying I have is beyond me.....with Fleury back in the juniors I am pretty sure Aleksey is our highest at 1.5. Come to think of it, if Fleury stuck around and things continued like this, IMHO he may not even of been able to hit the ridiculously easy bonuses set for him, the penguins defense is THAT bad....as I brought up a minute ago, I never said a Caron/Aubin tandem would fare better, but IMO they can't fair all too much worse....I am also well aware that finance played a role in this move (more words that you seem to put in my mouth for only god knows why), which means I am in fact not made of 'penile or anal excrement' as you so childishly put it....and as for Barasso, you nor anyone else will ever know for sure, and it's a moot point because Barasso had a better team around him, and Fleury was not on pace to win the Vezina or the Calder this season, let alone both. Cases can be made for either call, and I for one am sick of names being chucked around.....he is not Tom Barasso, he is not Dan Blackburn, he is not Rick Dipietro.....he is MA Fleury, and does not by any means have to follow the path of any goaltender before him....
If I came off confrontational towards you, I'm really sorry. However, the fact still remains that I believe it is a mistake to send him down.

You made the point of Fleury not coming close to his bonuses. That condraticts my previous statement about being the highest paid player. However, that strengthens my argument about him sticking around.

I think the entire league thinks he belongs at this level. I'm not gonna throw names out there, because I know how much you hate that, but there have been a number of players who said this kid is the real deal...in just his first year.

Why should he have to be sent down just based on his age? If he can do the job at 19, why not allow him to do so?

He's better than half the starting goaltenders in the league anyways. Why deny him the right to play at this level if he's truly worthy to play here?

Old
01-30-2004, 09:35 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Yeah, and you start talking Weiss, Bouwmeester and Krajicek.
Weiss>Orpik
Bouwmeester>>>Whitney
Krajicek>>Welch

Old
01-30-2004, 09:38 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
ooooh ok there

Morozov
Melichar
Rouleau

for

Huselius
Van Ryn

or
Huselius for Morozov
VanRyn was friggin awesome vs. the flyers as was Huselius. Huselius is heating up and IMO won't be dealt. Morozov is no upgrade over Huselius when Huselius plays like he can. VanRYn is TOO valuable to give up now. If Novak was healthy, then MAYBE talk about dealing VR. Florida is freakin ripped off in the first deal.

In the second, I don't know. Morozov for Huselius? I like Morozov, but he's the type of player who would play well with Husey.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:03 AM
Clash*

In every trade actually proposed in this thread, Florida gets ripped and nothing of interest. They either get older or a downgrade in talent.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:22 AM
DJ Spinoza

I just don't see a need for Tarnstrom in Florida. There's no logical reason for these teams to trade.

I'd like to see Huselius in a Pens jersey, though. What range of pick would we be talking Panther fans?

Old
01-31-2004, 05:31 AM
Jacob

Quote:
Even if Fleury didn't have any bonuses, there were more than enough reasons to send him down.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:39 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Even if Fleury didn't have any bonuses, there were more than enough reasons to send him down.
To prevent suicidal thoughts for instance.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:47 AM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
I just don't see a need for Tarnstrom in Florida. There's no logical reason for these teams to trade.

I'd like to see Huselius in a Pens jersey, though. What range of pick would we be talking Panther fans?

Florida isn't going to take picks for Huselius...he's playing better and has too much potential to dump for draft picks(unless it's the Pen's lottery pick which they obviously wont give up)

Old
01-31-2004, 07:19 AM
Jacob

Not even their second round pick? Which would basically be a late 1st rounder.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:31 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Weiss>Orpik
Bouwmeester>>>Whitney
Krajicek>>Welch
I believe he was aluding to the fact that someone said that if we wanted to talk trade with florida, we had better talk Whitney,Welch and Orpik, alluding to the belief that these players would need to be included in any deal, which would only happen if Krajicek Weiss etc were involved.
While i agree with your ratings (though I think Welch is alot closer to Krajicek that you seem to think) I also agree with the premise that any trade involving any three of those Pens would have to include one of those three coming back, with other players/picks involved to sweeten the deal.
At any rate, it is a moot point since none of the six players are going anywhere.

Interesting question (to me at least), who would you rather have, Krajicek or Orpik. Didn't you guys say you needed a banger?

I personaly LOVE how Orpik is playing and rounding out. Although, admittedly i have yet to see Krajicek play but once. Everything I here is awesome though.

JBO is far and away the best player, but if you took him out of the equation, which two of the remaining five would you rather have in your system?

For me, it is Weiss and Welch.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:33 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
Florida isn't going to take picks for Huselius...he's playing better and has too much potential to dump for draft picks(unless it's the Pen's lottery pick which they obviously wont give up)
Especially for Huselius....You want that lottery then you are talkin a definite JBO swap (considering it's may very well be Ovechkin).

Wasn't Huselius put on waivers earlier in the year? Or am i thinkin Novoseltsev?

Old
01-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Wasn't Huselius put on waivers earlier in the year? Or am i thinkin Novoseltsev?
Novoseltsev, there's no way in hell Huselius would pass.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:03 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Weiss>Orpik
Bouwmeester>>>Whitney
Krajicek>>Welch

I rather have Orpik then Weiss.
The other comparisons are good, but only time will tell before our college boys come over (Whitney, Welch)

Old
01-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
I rather have Orpik then Weiss.
The other comparisons are good, but only time will tell before our college boys come over (Whitney, Welch)
Bouwmeester is undoubtedly better than Whitney, the other two can be argued though.

Personally I feel Welch is better than Krajicek.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:46 PM
musdy

just plain crap for florida

Closed Thread