HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Strudwick vs Beukeboom

Old
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
MMessier11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
I agree with you... I was just trying to help the O.P. out a bit. I dont think he meant to say Strudwick = Beukeboom; just that there are a bunch of similarities you can point to.
I understand, but I think you can say that there are a bunch of similarities between humans and dogs (they both go to the bathroom, they both eat, they both sleep). But it still doesn't make the comparison even remotely correct.

MMessier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
are you for *****ing real? thank god you're not a scout no offense. beuk was an intimidating force back there, struds never hits anyone he always hugs players gets called for holding. and another thing, i noticed strudwick always uses one hand on his stick, and i mean always, we call him the one arm man up in 411. no comparison beuk. close this thread

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 03:08 PM
SML

This thread is an insult. However, you could pair a guy you found sleeping on a grate in the subway station up with the Brian Leetch of the early 90's and the guy isn't going to look that bad. Beuk never floundered in his own zone the way Strudwick does. He's a complete and total liability in every facet of the game. Offense? Next to nothing. Skating? Pitiful. Coverage in his own zone? He makes the right play occasionally, even if it is an accident. Hits? If you get caught by Strudwick to get hit, you don't belong in the NHL. Any time he's in his own zone, he's panicking to get rid of the puck because he's terrible. Enough of this good team guy crap. I'd be a great team guy, except I can't play NHL level hockey, and neither can Jason Strudwick. Time to get the guy out of here.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
This thread is an insult. However, you could pair a guy you found sleeping on a grate in the subway station up with the Brian Leetch of the early 90's and the guy isn't going to look that bad. Beuk never floundered in his own zone the way Strudwick does. He's a complete and total liability in every facet of the game. Offense? Next to nothing. Skating? Pitiful. Coverage in his own zone? He makes the right play occasionally, even if it is an accident. Hits? If you get caught by Strudwick to get hit, you don't belong in the NHL. Any time he's in his own zone, he's panicking to get rid of the puck because he's terrible. Enough of this good team guy crap. I'd be a great team guy, except I can't play NHL level hockey, and neither can Jason Strudwick. Time to get the guy out of here.
Well said.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:50 PM
eco's bones

In fairness to the threadstarter--he just might buy all the good locker room guy 'crap'. Jason does stick up for his teammates but as far as being a physical player goes he may be one step quicker than Purinton and that's about it. You can't hit what you can't catch and Jason's puckmoving skills leave a lot to be desired. I called this an unnecessary signing when it was made prior to training camp--hardly the only one who thought that--but that's exactly what it was. We'd be better off getting Baranka back in game shape and up to MSG for good.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Hemlawk86

Beukeboom was the bomb! I loved that guy back in the day. I think he compares more to Orr than Strudwick

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:07 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

This comparison is ridiculous. Strudwick vs. Jay Wells would be... no wait, that'd still be insulting. Wells was not bad back in the day... He didn't play for us but Strudwick vs. Jassen Cullimore. That'd be a fairer comparison.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote