HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs showing there true ways?

Old
02-09-2008, 09:13 PM
faulkdp*

vCash: 500
Habs showing there true ways?

are the habs showing once again that there not for real and are suppose to be fighting for 8 ? disscuss

faulkdp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Namso

no, the habs just got pretty and thought that scoring goals is easy.

They will bounce back since this loss will hurt them a lot.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:15 PM
The n00b King *

This is what happens when you rely on one line. When the bounces don't go your way, and the top line doesn't score, you are ****ed.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:16 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkdp View Post
are the habs showing once again that there not for real and are suppose to be fighting for 8 ? disscuss
Komisarek seems sick or hurt, only played 16 minutes tonight which is extremely low especially with Hamr out.

Hamrlik in the lineup makes us A LOT better especially since Brisebois would be out.

We aren't a top seed team but we are better than we have showed lately, we're a 6th place team, not a great team but a team that shouldn't be fighting for the 8th spot.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
DaveMatthew

No. It's one game, and be honest, Ottawa is a really, really good team.

This is pretty much the same team that blew through the East last year, and they have one of the best lines of the last 20 years.

The Selke combination of Madden/Pandolfo couldn't stop them last year and they dominated a matchup with Crosby.
Alfredsson, Heatley and Spezza are top 3 in pts/game in the entire league...

I think the Habs are a very skilled, but pretty inexperienced team. They're also quite soft, so that needs to be addressed, but they're one of the better squads in the East.

Personally, I'd put them 4th after Ottawa, Philadelphia and New Jersey.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
HotPie

No they're not. Sit down, take a valium and calm down.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Nah the Habs just had a bad week and have been missing Hamrlik as well. They will play much better next week.

Last edited by kovalev47: 02-09-2008 at 09:47 PM.
kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
No. It's one game, and be honest, Ottawa is a really, really good team.
They're not.

They have a really, really good line, and if teams admitted that and worked harder at shutting it down, I think Ottawa would get exposed. Anaheim did, though I thought at the time it was at least as much Spezza and Heatley choking that it was defensive work by Anaheim.

Unfortunately, few teams have the players to do so, and it would appear Montreal minus Hamrlik does not.

Having D that doesn't buy into the hype and check them closely would greatly help.

Montreal has to bounce back against the Florida teams and sweep them. Rebuild some confidence.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Tuggy

We'll see what people say when they win their next game.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
I think it's just a bad week, perhaps a lot of overhype heading into the week. They will bounce back, but the flaws have been exposed. The offense comes from the Plekanec line almost exclusively and Hamrlik is a terrible loss for the team. And having Brisebois as a #4 this week didn't really help.

IMO, our beloved Bob should look for outside help to spark the Koivu line, and I think that O'Byrne should be called up as soon as he is ready to pair with Hamrlik and give the team an additional physical presence on the blue line. And I would put Streit on the 4th line with Begin and Kostopoulos, with Smolinski out of the lineup. We're still a very good team, but we also have to thank the injury bug for leaving us alone this year!

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 10:17 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
discuss.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Stephen Locke*

It's often hilarious at times reading posts after a loss.We'll see it after a win.I can observe the bandwagon emptying as of now.

Their flaws have been exposed,but I think they'll bounce back.Gainey needs to address some of their needs,and as mentioned earlier,some additional physical presence on the roster,preferably on the #4 (O'Byrne comes to mind )defense spot,should be corrected.Also a potent RW'er to renergize the Koivu line and a solid effective 3rd line shutdown gritty centre who can regularly win draws wouldn't hurt either.

Brisebois shouldn't even sitting on the bench at this point.Time for him to retire,for his personal sake and for the sake of this team.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Bonin

I swear I tried to see something good from Brisebois but he just can't provide anything anymore now... I agree we need to try to build a second line producing, weither you add a guy like Hossa with higgins and koivu or with Higgins and S.Kost and trade Koivu or try another guy from within... It can't stay like this...

I wouldn't mind O'byrne and/or Chipchura back either...

We got some possibilities for a good little push in the post season but this is not THE year so we need to keep our youth...

Bonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM
One Trick Pony

When they will actually be fighting for the 8th spot I'll say yes, but for now just relax.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 12:53 AM
number 11

haha. yes. our true ways.

fact: we're a good team, even with only one goal scoring line. who cares though..most teams rely on one line for the majority of their offense. look at ottawa with/without their big 3.

Last edited by number 11: 02-10-2008 at 01:06 AM.
number 11 is online now   Reply With Quote