HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Frozen Moment

Old
02-10-2008, 06:55 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
NHL Frozen Moment

They must be praising Avery's play

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
dank

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
redfzn

LOL.

That's great.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
stc1709*

Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
lmao!

stc1709* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Fletch

So Avery's getting involved...

with other teams' fans too - just stick to hockey, Sean, you actually have decent skills and could be a decent hockey player.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 08:59 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Thats funny he was talking to the same two fans (two on right) the game I went to. He asked them if they dated and made a gesture asking if they blow eachother. Also talked some jive to me and a friend. FUNNY, but I feel a bit classless. Just torment the players.

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
dank

haha.. classless? thats what trash talking is all about.. i'm sure they were razzing him from behind the glass and he came over.

i prefer that than the "pretend i can't hear anyone in the stands" vibe..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
with other teams' fans too - just stick to hockey, Sean, you actually have decent skills and could be a decent hockey player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
Thats funny he was talking to the same two fans (two on right) the game I went to. He asked them if they dated and made a gesture asking if they blow eachother. Also talked some jive to me and a friend. FUNNY, but I feel a bit classless. Just torment the players.
i dont even find it to be trash talking, he's just being a sarcastic sonofa ***** because thats his personality. I find it hilarious.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
i dont even find it to be trash talking, he's just being a sarcastic sonofa ***** because thats his personality. I find it hilarious.
Exactly. He's not going to be off of his game because of it. If anything he probably asked them what section they were in so when he scored he could point to it

Old
02-10-2008, 10:11 PM
TheCaptain

Hilarious pic

TheCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
Yeah but I think that is because he is on your team. I mean if Downie did that many wouldnt apperciate it, and just because a fan says something to you doesn't mean you chatter back. Imean Downie has heard probably every deaf joke in the book and he ignores it. It could take you out of a game though it just depends, still he should be warming up with his team and getting ready to go, IMO. Not trolling guys, just trying to add to the discussion

Old
02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
mstraka82

thats Aves for you <3333, man if he wasnt such a dirtbag he would be a good husband one day

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:31 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Yeah but I think that is because he is on your team. I mean if Downie did that many wouldnt apperciate it, and just because a fan says something to you doesn't mean you chatter back. Imean Downie has heard probably every deaf joke in the book and he ignores it. It could take you out of a game though it just depends, still he should be warming up with his team and getting ready to go, IMO. Not trolling guys, just trying to add to the discussion
I think he ignores it because he doesn't hear it
Yes, I know. That was bad. Oh well.

Honestly if Downie said crap to me I think it would be hilarious.

Old
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Avery trash talking to fans is probably the highlight of those fans year. Interacting with a genuine character like Avery? That's a story to tell. I would love to have Downie talking crap to me. It would be a blast.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I think he ignores it because he doesn't hear it
Yes, I know. That was bad. Oh well.

Honestly if Downie said crap to me I think it would be hilarious.
HAHA only when turned to his left. He's ony deaf in one ear...if you look close he normally wears a hearing aid when he plays...but yeah I get what youre saying I mean I laughed at Avery but I am just not sure its necessary no matter what player even on my team!

Old
02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
HAHA only when turned to his left. He's ony deaf in one ear...if you look close he normally wears a hearing aid when he plays...but yeah I get what youre saying I mean I laughed at Avery but I am just not sure its necessary no matter what player even on my team!
It's not necessary by any means, but it gets him going. It's histerical. Imagine if he was a baseball player involved in the Mitchell Report. Imagine him testifying at Congress. There's a difference between a guy like him and a guy like Gomez. Gomez knows he is being sarcastic and such when joking around with reporters, but when Avery says something histerical he means it. No intent to be funny. It's one of those things where you would have to be a Ranger fan to understand. We had like a 7 page thread last year because he had a 2 minute appearance on TRL (MTV Show).

Old
02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Maybe to all that but Avery is in a different class that most NHL players = Entertainer before hockey player. Avery does take himself out of some games if he doesn't get his way.

Still a great picture. One guy is giving him a thumbs up. And the two guys on the right taking pictures.

You can tell Avery is intently listening to the trash talk.

02-11-2008, 02:24 AM
redfzn

Avery's face is priceless.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Celestial Black

Avery for the win.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:31 AM
strongbad3689

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Avery's face is priceless.
haha i know he looks like he is interested in what they have to say. he's like "o really, do tell"

strongbad3689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
JacketsIslesFan

I think it's hilarious. I would've loved to hear that conversation!

JacketsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
No, if it was Downie @ MSG id still laugh. Hell in high school i used to jab with opposing fans or my own during warmups.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
clmetsfan

This pic illustrates why Avery has the most punchable face in the NHL

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I'd laugh if Downie did it at MSG too. Stuff like that is what makes the rivalry great.

I was at the game and only a few feet away from Avery. I basically saw that moment take place although I couldn't hear what was being said. All I know was that Avery, Malik and the fans were all laughing hysterically at one point.

And from an art point of view, that picture is amazing. Seriously, great job by the photographer. Maybe they should hang it in the Philadelphia Art Museum

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
JacketsIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I'd laugh if Downie did it at MSG too. Stuff like that is what makes the rivalry great.

I was at the game and only a few feet away from Avery. I basically saw that moment take place although I couldn't hear what was being said. All I know was that Avery, Malik and the fans were all laughing hysterically at one point.

And from an art point of view, that picture is amazing. Seriously, great job by the photographer. Maybe they should hang it in the Philadelphia Art Museum

Does that mean Avery and Malik are getting along now?

JacketsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote