HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tired of Lapierre?

Old
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Namso

vCash: 500
Lapierre's role is not to provide offense, so i'm not gonna crap on him for nothing scoring.

However, he should play his role of a pest more. He's really good at it, and he's sort of gone away from that.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He plays the gritty grinding style, that's what he's there for.

I think some people here compensate for their lack of hockey knowledge by *****ing a lot.
He plays the gritty grinding style? Does that mean he doesnt do ****?

Yeah, you're right. He doesnt do ****.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
madbox

While I wish he just learn to pass the puck once in a while/a lot more often, he hustles his ass off out there.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Turbo

It's funny this thread is on here tonight, I was just discussing this with my buddy at the game. I haven't been impressed in a while.

I'm a little biased because I like what I saw of Chipchura earlier in the year, despite the fact that he was still a little raw, but at this point I think he can do a better job. The main problem was the face-offs. Not that Lapierre is that much better, but he is in that department.

But anyway, this is fairly moot since we're discussing bottom 6 players.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Habs514

I think Chipchura will be a better player then Lap. Lap is fast and brings a lot of energy but thats about it. Won't pass to anyone.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
It's funny this thread is on here tonight, I was just discussing this with my buddy at the game. I haven't been impressed in a while.

I'm a little biased because I like what I saw of Chipchura earlier in the year, despite the fact that he was still a little raw, but at this point I think he can do a better job. The main problem was the face-offs. Not that Lapierre is that much better, but he is in that department.

But anyway, this is fairly moot since we're discussing bottom 6 players.
True, but on the other hand, we are searching for a solution. Maybe Chip would balance things out a bit offense wise, as he's a pretty good playmaker, and had good chemistry with Lats.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
HotPie

I'm not necessarily tired per se, but at the moment he's not asserting why he should be in the lineup instead of Chipchura.

In a perfect world, Chipchura would be back in the lineup and Lapierre would be converted to winger, and we'd have Begin or Kosto on the lineup (we sort of have to play Smolinski anyways, and he's been playing well lately so no reason to bench him).

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Lapierre is fine. People have too many expectations of him being a scoring centre...He's not. He'll never be. He just doesn't have that skill.

He needs to play like he did last season though...Grittier and more annoying.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
He's a dime a dozen.....I'd rather get rid of Dandenault Begin Brisebois Latendresse and Boullion.

If Montreal can somehow turn Latendresse into Hossa that would be great.

Latendresse
Emelin
Ryder
1st rounder

for Hossa

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
True, but on the other hand, we are searching for a solution. Maybe Chip would balance things out a bit offense wise, as he's a pretty good playmaker, and had good chemistry with Lats.
I like Chipchura so you don't have to say much to convince me.

I think my problem with Lapierre stems from the fact that he doesn't seem to have much an identity out there. He's clearly not offensively minded, he doesn't seem comfortable with defensive coverage, I'm uncomfortable when I see him on the PK, and he seems tentative to fight for the puck along the boards which is weird for a supposed spark plug. I also haven't seen him "muck it up" for a while. We could have used a little spark and grit from a Lapierre, Kostopoulos, or Begin tonight but none was forthcoming. I don't think he's necessarily that bad, he might just need a little more seasoning. I prefer Chichura for what he brought as a bottom 6 center despite the few brain cramps.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Lapierre is fine. People have too many expectations of him being a scoring centre...He's not. He'll never be. He just doesn't have that skill.

I don't see many people who thinks he'll ever be a scoring center. People wants him to be gritty and get under opponents skin...that's all!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

+10. Took the words right outta my mouth.

I used to think Lapierre could develop into a player than can score 15 goals and be gritty pest but he has gone down. Of course it doesn't help that the habs have no one who's really very good in their bottom-6 forwards.

People are whinig a lot about Koivu, but our third and 4th lines right now are pretty incosistant/bad offesively.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
+10. Took the words right outta my mouth.

I used to think Lapierre could develop into a player than can score 15 goals and be gritty pest but he has gone down. Of course it doesn't help that the habs have no one who's really very good in their bottom-6 forwards.

People are whinig a lot about Koivu, but our third and 4th lines right now are pretty incosistant/bad offesively.
Honestly i think the biggest difference with the bottom two lines is Mark Streit. The guy is perfect playing on the bottom lines as he has more skill than most of these guys he plays against and excels.

A guy like Dandenault i feel has lost what he was prior as well. He isn't throwing the body like he used to and Begin is almost a non factor.

The bottom two lines are not playing their roles either. The third line isn't a very effective checking line and the fourth line isn't much of an energy line.

One line is working very well, two of the three d pairings is working well (hopefully when hammer and O'byrne come back all three), and good goaltending is getting Montreal where they are.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Stradale

Hes pretty useless. He dont bring anything to the game. I dont expect him to score or become a playmaker but a real energy guy. A bomb on ice, skating, hitting, causing trouble but i havent seen any of that so far. Some kind of a Colby Amstromg or Steve Downie without the dirtyness.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
m00ks

man I was watching him live and one shift was hilarous. He just reaked havoc with the puck. He was throwing it every where, his line mates couldnt get to it, Leasf couldn't get to it, he would try to get but he'd send it flying on the other end. He looked lost.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Kriss E

Lapierre is a 4th liner..this topic is going nowhere.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Lapierre is a 4th liner..this topic is going nowhere.
A 4th liner has a role too. The team didnt brought Lapierre here to skate around in a game.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Adam91

My problem with him is that he is constently challenged by players in his weight class after making borderline dirty plays only to back down and never fight. There is a reason why I had NO respect for players like Matt Cooke and Jarko Ruutu

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
A 4th liner has a role too. The team didnt brought Lapierre here to skate around in a game.
Lapierre fills his role pretty well.
He could maybe a bit more of a pest like last year, but he usually does the job as good as anybody else.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:02 AM
SpreeEndaz

Puck hog

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Lapierre is no good. He's not physical enough and he dont drop the gloves. He's only a 4th liner, there are some aspects he seems to miss in that game.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:24 AM
MasterD

AKost-Pleks-Kovy
Higgins-Koivu-Ryder*
Latendresse-SKost-Streit
Kosto-Chipchura-Lapierre

Extra: Bégin, Dandenault who are both useless right now

'd really like to see how those lines would fare, especially if we could find a way to switch Ryder for another better winger, or maybe try D'Agostini for a few

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 06:37 AM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I am...

I think he's a non factor since his call up. I'd like him to be more involved physically, but he's just flotting around shooting on the net with his weak shot.

If he was the only option, it would be alright, but we have a guy named Chipchura in Hamilton. He's really better in all aspects of the game, except speed.

At this point, I would swap them...
He is a rook....rook.....rookie.....thats why you can not bring em up too soon.....they become labeled unfairly sometimes.

Are negative people considered smarter, because they see things us stupid (positive) people seem to miss.

I am beginning to think overly critical people think they are just a lot smarter then others that shy away from being critical all the time.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 06:39 AM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
My problem with him is that he is constently challenged by players in his weight class after making borderline dirty plays only to back down and never fight. There is a reason why I had NO respect for players like Matt Cooke and Jarko Ruutu
Maybe Carbo wants him to draw the penalty ....not be in it.

Old
02-08-2008, 06:40 AM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Weight class???? You have been watching to much UFC.!