HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're Officially a One Line Team

Old
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
sonnytheman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Are you feeling ok?? Breaking up the only line that is working???

How about playing your 30 goal scorer and sitting Begin or Kostopoulis.

Cus, um, that's been tried and obviously hasn't worked............

sonnytheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman View Post
Cus, um, that's been tried and obviously hasn't worked............
Maybe we should've given up on Kovalev last year and traded him away, because um, obviously... he wasn't working out last year.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:41 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Maybe we should've given up on Kovalev last year and traded him away, because um, obviously... he wasn't working out last year.
well, if you're going to compare the two, Kovalev was played a lot all season last season, and he never broke out of his slump, so there's a good chance the same will happen to Ryder. Thing is, Kovalev is WAY more talented than Ryder with a much better track record, so its easier to assume he'd bounce back.

Anyway, I'm not saying playing Ryder is bad, I'd personally prefer to play him, but not with Koivu; he seemed to do alright with Lapierre IIRC, so maybe trying him there? Then we could use the two lines I mentioned before

sonnytheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Well there you have it folks. I hate being one of those overly negative d-bags, but I'm frustrated.

I'm sort of at a loss for words, so I won't digress anymore.

At least the positives:

- Pleks line is obviously awesome.
- Latendresse played a good game.
- Gorges was an absolute monster.
- Despite giving up 3 goals, Price played a really solid game, and the game could have been MUCH worse.

I'm sure there's more positives so anyone, feel free to add, we need some positivity.

I won't bother with any more negatives, because this board is going to be riddled with it until Saturday.

In sum, we really need Hamrlik and O'Byrne back.
We were one last year and it hurt us around the same time of year, the same is happening this year. Problem is the line that wasn't contributing last year is and the one that was has all but disappeared and has not been given more that 2 games together to even try to get it back going.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Mother Pucker

I think we're at the point where we either stop benching Ryder, or call-up a prospect from the minors. We've shuffled Dandenault/Kosto/Lapierre/Smoke/Begin for a while now, and it's obvious we're not going anywhere offensively with those guys.

Plek's line is working, NOW is the time to let higgins-ryder-koivu try to calm down and get their play back. After all pressure isn't on them. Either that or Grabovski, D'Ago or Locke up please.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:00 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
I think we're at the point where we either stop benching Ryder, or call-up a prospect from the minors. We've shuffled Dandenault/Kosto/Lapierre/Smoke/Begin for a while now, and it's obvious we're not going anywhere offensively with those guys.

Plek's line is working, NOW is the time to let higgins-ryder-koivu try to calm down and get their play back. After all pressure isn't on them. Either that or Grabovski, D'Ago or Locke up please.
Two games, only one line scores? Yes we are officially a one line team.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Put Kovalev with the Leafs this year and remove him from the Habs roster. I'm sure we would all be surprised what the ranking would look like now.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:24 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreiMMermlik View Post
Put Kovalev with the Leafs this year and remove him from the Habs roster. I'm sure we would all be surprised what the ranking would look like now.
put sundin with the habs this year and remove him from the leafs roster and we'd be in first place...

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:33 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Ridiculous. We've gotten offense from all over this year, including the defense
Not lately unfortunately, in the last 4 games, only two goals (out of 14) were scored by a forward not named Plekanec, Kovalev or A. Kostytsin... and the only D to score were Streit and Markov...

our 1st line scored a goal every game since the all-star break, and more often than not more than one...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Jakomyte

Its pretty crazy because last year the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line went through some stretches where they were unstoppable.

If they could get their act together and play close to how they did last year, then we could finish up with:

Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostitsyn
Begin-Smolinski-Kostopolous/Dandenault

...then we'd be in business!

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:54 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Its pretty crazy because last year the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line went through some stretches where they were unstoppable.

If they could get their act together and play close to how they did last year, then we could finish up with:

Not gonna happen because the rest of the league has passed Higgins-Koivu-Ryder by.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:58 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post

Its hard to get their act together when their not playing together. One's in the press box, ones on the 4th line, and one is waiting for Carbs to bring it back. At least now we have three 4th lines and not 4. If Carbs was smart he'd figure out, this was the time the three were hot and this is the time they should be back together. Man Carbs really messed up their mojo. He's reacting like Paddock, "win and you get to play".

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:07 AM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
Wait until we get a second line playing like the KPK line.

Koivu and Higgins will rebound and likely play together..Sergei Kostitsyn can be that man but Koivu IMHO has been playing really poorly lately...Higgins as well but less so than Koivu...

Secondly wait for Hamrlik to have a real defence partner on Right D...that will help too...hopefully O'byrne OR Gorges can emerge as a #4 defenceman

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Stradale

The question is: Is Plekanec good enough to make Higgins work again? And will Kovalev put Koivu on the right track?

Yes, people, go crazy, i suggest to break our best line. Why, because if we cant win with one line, lets try to have two line working.

Kovalev is a monster this year, he is good enough to make the Koivu line work again.

And Plekanec has always been good after the 2nd of last season, even with A. Kostitsyn and Higgins.

So In before the "are you ****ing out of your mind?"

Why not give a little try to see if Plekanec and Kovalev could use their magic and make two line work by themself?

Yeah, TRY is the key word, because if it doesnt work, at least they tried. Its not the end of the world, Habs will not lose 8-0 because Carbo tried to make 2 lines work by breaking out best line

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote