HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Personal Attack Threads

Old
02-07-2008, 11:10 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Personal Attack Threads

I am getting really sick of the personal attacks on our players that keep popping up on these threads. Players have strengths and weaknesses, good games and bad and this is a great place to discuss and debate these issues.

But some of these vendettas are really getting out of hand. It is pathetic and the posters responsible are even more pathetic.

Sure, I would like Ryder playing elsewhere but he has been handling his situation with as much dignity as possible. Koivu has been struggling but I haven't heard him complain about not playing with the team's two best wingers.

Question the play and the decision a player makes but leave the personal attacks and the trash talk out of it. It really detracts from the board.

HCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

well said

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Namso

i agree...recently it seems for every player, you have to have an extreme positive or negative view about him, no middle road.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
yannick

because most of habs fan don't want a hockey team, they want a winning hockey team, there you go. which is absurd

yannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Oh yeah right. Personal opinions about Habs players are being construed as hate crimes. Worthy of shutting down the board and exorcizing those who critique.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Habs

The year was 1980, I was 9 years old when I found out Darth Vader may really be Luke's father. Some of the people here could take a lesson from Mr. Vader, and not be pulled to the dark side.

On a side note, if Luke was a jedi... how'd he not know Princess Leia was his sister after he kissed her? Wouldn't that force be tingling just a bit after kissing an immediate relative?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The year was 1980, I was 9 years old when I found out Darth Vader may really be Luke's father. Some of the people here could take a lesson from Mr. Vader, and not be pulled to the dark side.

On a side note, if Luke was a jedi... how'd he not know Princess Leia was his sister after he kissed her? Wouldn't that force be tingling just a bit after kissing an immediate relative?
I thought Luke wasn't a Jedi yet when he kissed her?

Old
02-07-2008, 11:43 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

It's called the "I'm supposed to be a Habs fan so if I like one player I absolutely have to hate another" syndrome.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Domenic

Sorry I couldn't resist...

Gainey

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Stradale

Its funny that everybody wants to see back Ryder in the line-up even if he suck big time this season but because he scored 85 goals in his last three season, people thinking he could still help the team.

But people wanting Koivu out of the team after giving his everything for the last 10 years being the best or second best forward.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:20 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its funny that everybody wants to see back Ryder in the line-up even if he suck big time this season but because he scored 85 goals in his last three season, people thinking he could still help the team.

But people wanting Koivu out of the team after giving his everything for the last 10 years being the best or second best forward.
We have a 1st line center in Plekanec, Koivu is not up to snuff in this league IMO. Gainey needs to make a deal by the Feb. deadline for a 2nd line center if this team is to make a noise in the play-offs. To me, our hurting defense is what showed the glaring weakness of our offense tonight, not including Kovalev's line.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
We have a 1st line center in Plekanec, Koivu is not up to snuff in this league IMO.
If, and ONLY if you mean as a 1st line centre then I'll let you get away with that one. Is he slumping/hurting/not able to single-handedly and simultaneously break 3 people out of a slump? I agree, somethings up. If you are calling him washed up in the NHL, though, you're basically SSTONGE Jr and should be ignored.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I thought Luke wasn't a Jedi yet when he kissed her?
You forget : You are born a Jedi.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:03 AM
number 11

Quote:
We have a 1st line center in Plekanec, Koivu is not up to snuff in this league IMO. Gainey needs to make a deal by the Feb. deadline for a 2nd line center if this team is to make a noise in the play-offs. To me, our hurting defense is what showed the glaring weakness of our offense tonight, not including Kovalev's line.
meh...luckily we have a CLASSY gm who will never ask our captain of 10 years to waive his NTC so the team can ''make noise in the playoffs''. keep dreaming.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Its funny because Koivu is one of the best 2nd center of the league. He is just on a phase that nothing works, with 2 slumping wingers. Why looking for a 2nd line center when one of the best is already here?

Koivu had 75 pts last season and made the first line work, and now, he is not even good enough to be our 2nd line center?

I rather see Gainey looking for a real good and big winger to play with Koivu and make the second line rolling than trading the captain for over the last 10 years few weeks before the playoff.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You forget : You are born a Jedi.
then why did Obi Wan need to train Luke and Annakin?

Old
02-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Too teach them what they needed to know. If they didn't "sense" the force in them, they were obviously to useless to be a Jedi.

Though, the real hero of Star Wars is Wedge... he's the ****.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:06 AM
willalong

The responses should answer your question about personal attacks.

1. Maturity level, not their fault.

2. Some people are limited and that is all there is to it. You can not give people with intellectual limitations, abilities they do not possess.

3. Lack of class, the same people that would drool over a hockey player in their presence, would call them "useless" when they are alone at their keyboard....Internet = bravery

4. The game looks too easy from high above or from your sofa, and compounded by the fact that they concentrate on one team this makes them think the other teams do not have bottom six players.

5. No understanding of the game, it looks simple, so it must be simple.

6. Perfect 20/20 hindsight, forgetting your memory can play tricks on you. Your memory can skews the facts in your favour.

7. Never acknowledge when you are dead wrong, just move on.

8 Think that being nit picky and critical, makes them smarter, maybe the worst offense.

9. No inside information regarding, injuries (kept secret for a reason)
personal problems, coaches instructions, and players that lose confidence and teams that want them to regain it, and new players trying to play a certain way.

Bob Gainey was off to a good start and they were saying, he will score 40 goals and Gainey said he thought 25 would be about right. He score 15 goals that year because he said it took away from what he did best and 15 was all he could hope for and play at an all star level.....interesting.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Artie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Too teach them what they needed to know. If they didn't "sense" the force in them, they were obviously to useless to be a Jedi.

Though, the real hero of Star Wars is Wedge... he's the ****.
So clearly Carbo should be adding Obi to his coaching staff and Bob should be contacting Wedge's agent and trying to sign Wedge to a 20 game tryout contract.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:21 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
So clearly Carbo should be adding Obi to his coaching staff and Bob should be contacting Wedge's agent and trying to sign Wedge to a 20 game tryout contract.
Obi?? Obi ****ing Wan Kenobe??? Are we the Leafs?

No, not on your life do we add that stiff, Gainey should add Yoda to the coaching staff or tender his resignation.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

**** you

Old
02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Oh yeah right. Personal opinions about Habs players are being construed as hate crimes. Worthy of shutting down the board and exorcizing those who critique.
I have no problem with legitimate criticism/dialogue, problem is we never get to read it because it's drowned out by a sea of hyperbole. If someone asks, what's the matter with Koivu or what should the club do about the anemic 2nd line then that's a legit question. If someone simply states that Koivu should be hung from the rafters or traded for a bag of pucks, then they should expect the flak they receive.

Then we have a separate group, who are not quite as insipid as those that throw hissy fits. The group that engages in idle speculation and expects the rest of us to treat their unsupported musings as fact. If you canít or wonít substantiate your opinions then donít whine when people poke holes in your flimsy fabrications

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
HCH

Quote:
I didn't say the board should be shut down, I said the personal attack comments detract from the board.

And saying that Koivu, Ryder or anyone else is a bag of s**t that deserves to be hung from the rafters or run out of town is hardly a critique.

HCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Habs Man

What the Hell is the matter with you people?????

I have to admit that I may not post all that often on this board, but I definitely read it every day... I have to say, that it's with great disgust that I write this post.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????? I know that it isn't everyone on this board, but the negativity that runs rampant through it is terrible. You'd think that we were in last place in the NHL with negative all of you people are.

It starts with the hate that everyone here seems to be putting out for Saku... Do none of you realize that although he does need to step up his game a bit, that he's a product of his line mates? Ryder ---> NOT SCORING ---> Higgins ---> NOT SCORING... Saku Koivu is a PLAYMAKING centre... he's no Alex Ovechkin 50 goal per year guy. WAKE UP!!! I think that Carbo has done a terrific job so far this year, but it was a huge mistake in my opinion to separate the 3 when they were struggling this year. Keeping them together and giving them a vote of confidence was what they needed more than anything.

Hossa... would probably be a good fit on the wing here... Qustion for you people though: IF we have to give up Higgins for him (Which I'm completely against) do you realize the domino effect? Last I checked him and Komisarek were pretty good buddies... even trained together in New York were they both reside in the off season. You trade Chris, you lose Mike down the line.... CHRIS HIGGINS ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. He bleads bleu-blanc-rouge... guys like that are hard to come by.

We lost to the lowly Leafs... ARE YOU ALL SURPRISED????? Not that the team should drop the ball against a team like that, but they just came off an 8-0 thrashing on home ice against the Panthers, and I have no doubt that everybody's mind, including my own, was on the game taking place Saturday... RELAX! It's one FU***** game.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaay too much negativity from you people and that's not a good thing. Have a little faith and belief in this team. They are going to surprise everyone.

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:12 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Love the call-out threads. As much as I agree, people are entitled to vent. These threads should die down later today, when the talk will start becoming about a trade rumour or something else until the game tomorrow.

I generally avoid the forum after a loss. Maybe that will work for you, too.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote