HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

good loss to take?

Old
02-08-2008, 01:29 AM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
good loss to take?

a loss is never easy to take however each game is a valuable step towards maturity, with a young roster such as ours the experience is priceless.
cocky? perhaps, whatever the case enough respect wasnt given and we got humbled. you don't win games taking shortcuts and not doing the basics that are so crucial in emotional games with a rivals such as toronto who we knew would come out hoppin' after such a disgracefull loss to the panthers.

anyways huets rested the teams humbled and come saturday a win against the conference leading sens can totaly push us and is the type of game that can start us on a winning streak we have'nt seen the likes of in years and years as patient but loyal habs fans.

we are the best fans in the world and we're going to get what we have comming to us; a great young core and a great young team that will be fun as hell to watch for many seasons.

i truly see this loss make us a better team, am i crazy you guys?

ps
GOHABSGO

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Jakomyte

Honestly, if you can swallow the fact that we lost to the Leafs (for pride's sake), then this is probably the best game the Habs could lose:

1) We aren't giving points to a rival right now... its not a 4 point game as it could have been vs. any of the other top 10 teams in the conference.

2) The more points the Leafs get, the worse their draft pick. By beating us, it moves them further AWAY from the #1 pick come June.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Honestly, if you can swallow the fact that we lost to the Leafs (for pride's sake), then this is probably the best game the Habs could lose:

1) We aren't giving points to a rival right now... its not a 4 point game as it could have been vs. any of the other top 10 teams in the conference.

2) The more points the Leafs get, the worse their draft pick. By beating us, it moves them further AWAY from the #1 pick come June.

Wow...point #2 actually makes me feel better. Keep away from high picks, Leafs *****!

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:47 PM
baldrick

This must be the biggest stretch to rationalize a loss yet, don't hurt yourself!
The Habs blew it.....next year, sigh.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Fozz

The Habs should win every single game they play, period! Anything else is intolerable!

Seriously, that's the impression I get reading some comments on these boards after a loss...

By the way, the Red Wings lost to the worst team in the league last night. They suck!

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

To be perfectly honest, the outcome of yesterday's game was EXTREMELY predictable. I didn't want to be a party pooper but I was not expecting them to win.

- Montreal coming off a tough, emotional win VS Ottawa
- Toronto coming off a brutal, embarassing loss VS Flordia, wanted to redeem themselves
- Hamrlik out
- Bouillon playing hurt
- A bunch of new lines yet again
- Price's first game back
- Etc.......

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:04 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
The Habs should win every single game they play, period! Anything else is intolerable!

Seriously, that's the impression I get reading some comments on these boards after a loss...

By the way, the Red Wings lost to the worst team in the league last night. They suck!
The Wings are perennial contenders, the Habs are trying to climb out of the group of also-rans, big difference.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
To be perfectly honest, the outcome of yesterday's game was EXTREMELY predictable. I didn't want to be a party pooper but I was not expecting them to win.

- Montreal coming off a tough, emotional win VS Ottawa
- Toronto coming off a brutal, embarassing loss VS Flordia, wanted to redeem themselves
- Hamrlik out
- Bouillon playing hurt
- A bunch of new lines yet again
- Price's first game back
- Etc.......
As I said to a friend who is a Leaf fan, Montreal players treated the Leaf game like an optional practice.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Capitano

It's casual day at the office today (in Toronto) and I'm surrounded by Leaf jerseys...honestly, we could have picked a better game to lose...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:17 PM
CPrice

loss is harder to take since we face Ottawa tomorrow who I feel is going to win the game with Heater and Alfie back

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
number 11

also an important game for Breezer as he registered the first body check of his entire career.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Reuben

I was surprised that many folks thought that the habs would blow out the leafs. when you combine all the factors a close game was extremely predictable. I was expecting a win in a close hard fought one goal game. Teams rarely get throttled 2 games in a row and the leafs almost always bring their A game when in montreal. they played pretty well defensively and most of our stuff was on the perimeter except for the few jam plays we attempted. the leafs deserve some credit they played a smart game and took advantage of our mistakes. we didn't bring our A game though.

well this loss pretty much ensures a good outing in Ottawa on saturday. imo.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote