Notices

Does Gaborik Have Heart?

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Gaborik10

vCash: 500
Does Gaborik Have Heart?

I've seen it a lot of places where people think Gaborik has become newly complacent, so much so that he's become ineffective, and that is the reason he isn't producing points. What are your opinions on that? Does our star player have any heart? It would make for an interesting debate, simply because there are people out there who think he doesn't.

Old
01-28-2004, 07:47 PM
ceber

I think he's a little young yet to be tagged with a 'no heart' or 'complacent' or 'lazy' label. In my opinion, he's just in a nasty slump. There are times when he's obviously working very hard. There are other times when it only looks like he isn't, and there are probably times when he just plain isn't working hard. I think his frustration probably affects his effort at times. It's pretty natural. Also, I think he's tired at times, too. I think he makes his shifts a little too long sometimes, and also that he doesn't always pick the best time to really push himself. Charging in alone and trying to skate through or around 2 or 3 guys takes a lot of effort for pretty slim chances of getting results.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:05 PM
neelynugs

what's the severity of his latest injury? they say hip injury, hip flexor, hip bruise... what does it all mean? sounds less than serious, but one never knows.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Wild Bill

Not much known here either. I'd say day to day for another 4-7 days. If he is not back by then, probably a short stay on the injured list. Good thing we don't need him

Old
01-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Gaborik10

This is from Tom Lynn:
Assistant general manager Tom Lynn said Gaborik has not sustained any permanent damage, but is resting until the pain subsides.

"It's important that Gabby finishes the season strong. We don't want him bothered by a nagging injury for two weeks if he comes back too early," Lynn said.

I wouldn't say that we don't need him. Just because he's having trouble scoring, doesn't mean teams don't have to check him. There's a chance he might play today.

Closed Thread