Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

1986 Roster

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Guillaume

vCash: 500
1986 Roster

for the tournament in Finland (I will try to post the 87 and 88 rosters when I get them).

Gs: Khudobin (Magnitogorsk) Kasutin (Yaroslav), Dolgushin (Tyumen), Klimkovich (Spartak).

Comments: Khudobin and Kasutin are generally called. Khudobin is probably the best of the GKs born in 1986. The two other GKs have played for the team in the past. I would have liked to see Fokin called too.

Ds: Belov Karetin, Lyamin (CSKA), Biryukov, Igrabimov, Papunin, (Magnitogorsk), Klimov, Mikhaylishin (Spartak), Dzhugelya (Dynamo), Aksenenko (Novosibirsk), Emelin (Cherepovets).

Comments: Lyamin finally recalled (I believe he played only 1 tournament with the 1986 team in the past). First time for Emelin (quite surprising). IMO, the defense would be the best if Papunin, Aksenenko and Emelin were cut. However, Papunin may be preferred over Klimov.
Very surprising not to find Amakhin who is a leader of the team. I would have liked to see Nikitin, Plekhanov and why not Sokolov and Moshkarev called as well. Dorofeev was not called whereas he was last time.

Fs: Malkin, Kulemin (Magnitogorsk), ****ikov, Parshin Shirokov (CSKA), Radulov Ogorodnikov (TVer), Voloshenko, Yunkov, Stepanov (Krylia Sovetov), Lisin (dynamo), Plyushev (Spartak), Salnikov (Ufa), Skorokhodov (Cherepovets), Zubov (Traktor)

Comments: First time for Kulemin. Very surprising considering that Lemtyugov Zhmayev, Nikolaev, Dmitriev, Stolyarov and Apalikov were not called (they are probably better than Skorokhodov and Stepanov as well). Lisin, Malkin, Parshin, ****ikov, Radulov, voloshenko, and Yunkov should be the leaders of the forwards full of speed. Zubov is called again (he is the only 1987 called on the team). he is probably the best 87 player along Istomin, Churilov, and Anikeenko (NB: Churilov, Istomin, and Zubarev have also been recently mentioned as 87-born players who could be called with the 86 team in the near future, so do not be surprised to see some of them at the U18 WJC).

Pretty good team overall with a lot of speed with the forwards and physical defencemen, and solid goaltending.

Old
01-28-2004, 09:33 PM
SIBIR

Send a message via ICQ to SIBIR
thank you!

Old
02-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Guillaume

The final cuts were Dolgushin (Kasutin has been playing well with Loko 2) and Klimkovich (less of a surprise).

Cuts for defensemen are very surprising: Lyamin, Klimov, and Mikhaylishin which do not make much sense to me as, IMO, each of these players is better than Papunin, Aksenenko and Yemelin. Amakhin is injured which explains why he was not called

Final cuts for the forwards: Ogorodnikov (ranked pretty high I believe by CSS, which I do not fully agree with), Stepanov and Skorokhodov.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Guillaume

result of first game:
Russia-Sweden 5-3 (Russia outshot Sweden)
Voloshenko (Yunkov)
Plyushev
Radulov (voloshenko, Lisin)
Radulov
Plyushev (Shirokov)

Old
02-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Guillaume

today's result against the Finns 5-1
Parshin (Yemelin), Lisin (Plyushev, Shirokov), Biryukov (Plyushev, Lisin), Voloshenko (Radulov, Dzhugelya), Malkin (Parshin, Khudobin)

Old
02-04-2004, 05:26 PM
SIBIR

Send a message via ICQ to SIBIR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
today's result against the Finns 5-1
Parshin (Yemelin), Lisin (Plyushev, Shirokov), Biryukov (Plyushev, Lisin), Voloshenko (Radulov, Dzhugelya), Malkin (Parshin, Khudobin)

will be Plyushev on the draft this year?

Old
02-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Dr_Chimera*

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Chimera* Send a message via MSN to Dr_Chimera*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIBIR
will be Plyushev on the draft this year?
He's eligible, yes.

Old
02-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Guillaume

Plyushev is turning 18 tomorrow I believe. So, he should be eligible unless he does not opt in.

win today against the U.S. 6-5 (penalty shot)
Dzhugelya (Radulov), Malkin, ****ikov (Malkin, Parshin), Yunkov (Voloshenko) Radulov (Yunkov, Voloshenko).

Old
02-05-2004, 03:52 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Plyushev is turning 18 tomorrow I believe. So, he should be eligible unless he does not opt in.

win today against the U.S. 6-5 (penalty shot)
Dzhugelya (Radulov), Malkin, ****ikov (Malkin, Parshin), Yunkov (Voloshenko) Radulov (Yunkov, Voloshenko).
Do you have the stats for Team USA? Thanks.

02-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
Do you have the stats for Team USA? Thanks.
See

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/finhockey2/sj...rssi=1&laaja=1

Old
02-05-2004, 04:07 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Thanks. Nice to see Phil Kessel as an 87 making his presence felt.

Old
02-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Guillaume

Win today against the Czechs 7-0 Aksenenko (Parshin), Lisin (Plyushev), Yunkov (Radulov, Voloshenko), Parshin (Aksenenko), Lisin (Malkin), Yunkov (Voloshenko, Radulov), Malkin (Dzhugelya, Parshin).

pretty impressive.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
Thanks. Nice to see Phil Kessel as an 87 making his presence felt.
He was good in the World U-17's too!

Closed Thread