Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reason to Believe

Old
02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Class1723

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Class1723
I dont think Ottawa belongs with the other two. Detroit is impressive but they are every year and this year they will try with two goalies who have not shown to be able to handle the wear and tear of playing straight through. The Ducks are almost the same as last year now and maybe even better so you could be right. I just dont see who is available to add that changes anything. If you add Hossa you have to pay top $$$ in terms of traded parts plus has he shown to be a playoff performer? Sundin I would like but you are still talking top prospects (which dallas lacks) or picks which helped get DA fired. So who would you suggest turns us into favorites? Cause we are contenders..

Class1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Class1723

Send a message via Yahoo to Class1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet View Post
I think it's because it's nearly the same cast of characters as last season. There have been some improvements. Some of the younger players, Hagman, Ribeiro, etc. But nothing groundbreaking that leads me to believe they're head and shoulders above.
My main argument was whether we were the same as last year and you kind of agreed with that. And I dont think we are head and shoulders above either. But the best team on paper does not always win. We have the talent to make a run. All we need is the right spark. Going into the playoffs a couple years ago the Oil had nothing. Yet they advanced to the finals.

Class1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class1723 View Post
Going into the playoffs a couple years ago the Oil had nothing. Yet they advanced to the finals.
I wouldn't say they had nothing. They had Chris Pronger -- one of the best 5 defensemen in the game.

At the deadline that season, they acquired a #1 goaltender, a top defenseman, and a top 6 forward. I think they were better than their record indicated.

The Frugal Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 12:21 PM
lostchris08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajacied View Post
Agree to disagree. I think the Stars are a superstar addition away from being a legit Stanley Cup contender, in the same breath as a Detroit, Anaheim and Ottawa.
I think that a move does need to be made. I'm glad that these younger depth guys are getting experience but ANA just got more powerful. DET is always powerful. Same with OTT. We need to be considered in this group.

Defense wins championships. Maybe a top D man would be beneficial. A pure scorer would probably be best since we anticipate Zubie/Boucher to come back.

lostchris08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Agree to disagree. I think the Stars are a superstar addition away from being a legit Stanley Cup contender, in the same breath as a Detroit, Anaheim and Ottawa.
The superstar trades(or free agent signings) need to happen in the off-season not at the trade deadline.
I'm more interested in signing Dan Boyle or Brian Campbell, then Hossa, it's nothing on Hossa, but this way they have another legit top four defenseman. Right now they only have two, both are injured.
Going into next year with
Niskanen, Zubov, Grossman, Campbell/Boyle, Fistric and Boucher.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
The superstar trades(or free agent signings) need to happen in the off-season not at the trade deadline.
I'm more interested in signing Dan Boyle or Brian Campbell, then Hossa, it's nothing on Hossa, but this way they have another legit top four defenseman. Right now they only have two, both are injured.
Going into next year with
Niskanen, Zubov, Grossman, Campbell/Boyle, Fistric and Boucher.
you forgot Stephane Robidas. I'd take Boyle gladly, but that Brian Campbell is over-rated and will be over-payed (I do like him - he's a nice guy - but I don't want to spend 5-6 mill on him). Dallas will have some major cap room next year, and I look forward to next season as our last run at the cup before we decline into a borderline playoff team and then a rebuilding franchise.

Zubov - Niskanen
Boucher - UFA
Robidas - Grossman

that would be one hell of a defense if the rookies keep up their play

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I left off Robidas on purpose because he'd be dealt, Fistric's on the team next year unless he gets injured.
Fistric another year in Iowa won't help him.
Daley would be part of a deal for a forward.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote