HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Visors !!!!!

Old
02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
NYR425

vCash: 500
Visors !!!!!

Can anybody please tell me what happened to the rule about fighting with visors. I always thought it was an extra 2 + 10 if you fought with a visor on. carter did it Thursday with Hollweg and now Downie and Richards. What is up with that. Quite an unfair advantage..

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:18 PM
mikesect424

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Can anybody please tell me what happened to the rule about fighting with visors. I always thought it was an extra 2 + 10 if you fought with a visor on. carter did it Thursday with Hollweg and now Downie and Richards. What is up with that. Quite an unfair advantage..
We were just talking about this. It's ridiculous. The guy on Anaheim who fought Dubinsky actually made sure his helmet w/visor didn't fall off at one point. It used to be a penalty, but apparently isn't anymore.

mikesect424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:21 PM
pardonme

Wasn't this only a rule in the AHL? I don't think I remember ever seeing it called in the NHL. I think it should be brought in in the NHL though.

pardonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Only for instigating with a visor. Not fighting with one.

Instigating with a visor is 2 + 2 + Gm
Instigation with no visor is 2 + 10

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
what i'm wishing for to happen is someone punches the visor too hard and it shatters in the other players face

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
The Thomas J.*

that would teache them a lesson.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
HenriksBetter

IMO you are a complete wuss if you fight with a visor on. If you are man enough to drop the gloves, be man enough to take the helmet off. If there is no rule in regards to that, there should be. The NHL instituted the fighting strap because of the unfair advantage Rob Ray would gain on guys because he had his pads sewn to his jersey and would let them pull it all off. Having the visor on is just as much of an advantage IMO.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
IMO you are a complete wuss if you fight with a visor on. If you are man enough to drop the gloves, be man enough to take the helmet off. If there is no rule in regards to that, there should be. The NHL instituted the fighting strap because of the unfair advantage Rob Ray would gain on guys because he had his pads sewn to his jersey and would let them pull it all off. Having the visor on is just as much of an advantage IMO.
really?

Old
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
really?
Yes, really. Marty McSorley would do the same thing.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

They should just make it mandatory that both players remove their helmets along with their gloves when they fight. That way, it would also eliminate jumpings. Or rather regulate them. If you go punching a player with his helmet on, you get an extra penalty. But if you drop your gloves and fight another player without taking your helmet off, it would also be a penalty. 2 for Unsportsmanlike.

Or the simple solution. JUST CALL THE @%^ING PENALTY LIKE YOU SHOULD REF!!!!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 11:47 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
This is why I LOVE watching Jarome Iginla. Not only does this guy pot 50 a year, but when his teammates need him or if he's being bullied he sticks up for himself and flips his damn lid!

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

heres the rule, in case anyone wanted to know...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Mrpuck

So Downie could have had the additional 2 against Tyutin. Richards witrh Dubi, not so sure.

They should just make it a rule that if both players are going to throw them, remove the helmets.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Only for instigating with a visor. Not fighting with one.

Instigating with a visor is 2 + 2 + Gm
Instigation with no visor is 2 + 10
Instigators don't get called when it's someone instigating a Rangers player. Neither does playing the puck in the restricted areas, elbowing, or holding when you're playing the Rangers.

And if you're a Rangers player and get pulled down on a clear-cut, blue-line in breakaway, you get a powerplay, not a penalty shot.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 05:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I love Mike Richards.He runs around the ice looking to stir the pot while wearing a visor.This is the same organization which would become infuriated at Tomas Sandstrom's actions who wore a visor

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 05:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Instigators don't get called when it's someone instigating a Rangers player. Neither does playing the puck in the restricted areas, elbowing, or holding when you're playing the Rangers.

And if you're a Rangers player and get pulled down on a clear-cut, blue-line in breakaway, you get a powerplay, not a penalty shot.
The year before the lockout,the Rangers lost a game in Philly when Tom Poti tripped Michal Handzus who was awarded a penalty shot.He didn't have a scoring chance taken away from him.Handzus scored,game over.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
eco's bones

The call on the Callahan breakaway was ridiculous. It seems we've had two or three called on us this year that were much less clear cut than that. It's the kind of stuff that makes you wonder just how much on the level the officiating is. I know most people tend to think that it all evens out and/or it all comes down to working hard enough to get the calls or not but I have been wondering and especially since the lockout--could it be that there is some bias or is it that the officiating just plain sucks?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 07:56 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
It just sucks, and it does even out...though oddly enough in games that the rangers are already winning 5-0.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 08:34 AM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Yes, really. Marty McSorley would do the same thing.

Yep, this girl misses those days

Old
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

during yesterdays game my mom sat down when she was drinking her to tea to watch part of the game (even though she hates hockey) and as soon as she sat down the ref got hit with the skate and the rest of the fighting. You know hwat she said? "This is just like the WWE, its so acted out!" and me and my dad are like "WHAT?" how could that possible acted out? she knows nothing