HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

game take 6-1 Ottawa

Old
02-09-2008, 08:49 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
ole ole ole

Love that song.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Adam91

I'm not saying we suck(ed), Im just saying IMO - look at our roster - we have overacheived, Im not saying our season is over just we have had 1, yes 1 line carry us for so long. Our depth dman have been playing over their heads lately.

I also think there is a difference between being an very good team, an elite in the Eastern Conference, an Elite team in the West and a team with Stanley Cup potentiak

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Habs514

This one was over after 5min.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
habsfansam

Ouch... we just got thumped.

We either:

a. had a bad night.

b. had a great january that raised expectations above reality.

c. are not nearly so good as Ottawa.

d. some combination of the above.

The answer is likely D - despite our place in the standings, I get the feeling that we aren't quite there yet. I think we are missing Hamrlik sorely, because Brisebois is downright horrid. There were no tape-to-tape passes tonight on the Habs side and in general we looked slow and lost... lots of passes into space and quick dumps when guys had the time to do better.

The score would have looked much better if the 4 posts had been goals, but we were missing a step tonight.

Good on Skost for not taking crap from Redden, but he obviously got outclassed there... OUCH. We really need someone who can play decent minutes, pot a few goals, be good defensively and then step in a beat the living **** out of opponents as needed. My February christmas wish list.

Sleep well boys, and then rebound.

habsfansam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
HotPie

Well, can't really defend Carbo on this game. What a terrible coaching job. Breezer with more icetime than Komisarek, breaking up the Komisarek/Markov (which I take back my comment from before, was a TERRIBLE decision).

Meh, best just to forget about this game.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
4:45 to be exact.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

15 pts. for the Alfredsson line.....Radek where are you?

Old
Namso

not much to take from this game...happens to all teams...even the sens got some good ***kickings earlier...

how we rebound is what's important. Ryder-Koivu-Higgins looked good. Keep Pleks line. If these two can get into a groove we will be dangerous.

**** do I hate hockey day in canada. two straight ownage by ott in 2 straight years.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Good to see there's some other posters around who get it, Like "Drunk World Order".

Especially as the playoffs get closer, the games get rougher. Other teams know they can put the hurt on us and we wont do **** about it. They're gonna wear this team out.

Those posters that dont think we need to add any toughness are those that dont understand the game. Whenever we won a cup, we've had numerous fighters and tough guys. Whenever we suck, there seems to be a distinct lack of it.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
1:42 if we are gonna be exact...

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
madbox

It took a miserable start and hole to actually find some life. Then we had no luck and zero breaks. First and second line need to be left as they are. Smoke's line is a disaster.

Any word on how much longer Hammer's flu is going to keep him out? O'Byrne played for the Dogs today, I am PRAYING he's back with us Tuesday.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
Quote:
We had tons of scoring chances in the 1st after the 3rd goal. Had the period finish 3-1 or 3-2, things would have been different.

I can't wait to replay them with Hammer in, Breezer out, and maybe even O'Byrne in. Then we'll see.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
not much to take from this game...happens to all teams...even the sens got some good ***kickings earlier...

how we rebound is what's important. Ryder-Koivu-Higgins looked good. Keep Pleks line. If these two can get into a groove we will be dangerous.

**** do I hate hockey day in canada. two straight ownage by ott in 2 straight years.
The OTT first line smelled blood in the water and had extra jump cause two of them hadn't played many games lately. Nothing different than when we *****ed boston. We weren't THAT much better than them but games get out of hand some time.

Higgins energy was great. Hopefully it continues.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post
1:42 if we are gonna be exact...
touche. I'll go you one further though....it was over before it even began

Old
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Breezer is horrible.....i hope Hammer gets in the lineup soon so Breezer can sit in the press box.

KOMO_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
MonacoBlue

Well this game was the most disappointing so far for me. Everyone was expecting the Habs to lose but I had faith that they'd at least put up a good fight. Oops.

It was just one of those nights, but god I hate the Sens. The Pizza Line is sooo annoying. I can't wait for them to get crushed by Wings or Ducks if they do actually come out of the East.

By the way, anyone notice Huet plays better when there's no competition for his job? At least, that's my view on his performance tonight. I don't think he'll want to come back as a tandem goalie next year. He probably feels more comfortable as the undisputed no. 1 somewhere else.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Wasn't someone tracking the Habs record with Breezy in and out of the Habs lineup?

I would like to see what it's standing at now.

Old
02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Well, can't really defend Carbo on this game. What a terrible coaching job. Breezer with more icetime than Komisarek, breaking up the Komisarek/Markov (which I take back my comment from before, was a TERRIBLE decision).

Meh, best just to forget about this game.
Ouch...you're right...Brisebois got 17 mins and more

Please no more Breezer

Old
Rayne*

Quote:
15 pts. for the Alfredsson line.....Radek where are you?
Need any more proof that they're a one line team?

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316 View Post
Good to see there's some other posters around who get it, Like "Drunk World Order".

Especially as the playoffs get closer, the games get rougher. Other teams know they can put the hurt on us and we wont do **** about it. They're gonna wear this team out.

Those posters that dont think we need to add any toughness are those that dont understand the game. Whenever we won a cup, we've had numerous fighters and tough guys. Whenever we suck, there seems to be a distinct lack of it.
That's not necessarily true... we had lots of rough guys in the 96-02 years and we flat out blew goats for much of that period. We've got the guys who fling bodies around... unfortunately they are smallish and we lack the ability to really protect folks or get that boost from a big fight win.

I think we'll keep on chugging and make the playoffs fine, but we're not a real contender until we can wear a team down late in the season.

habsfansam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Adam91

We need 2/2 in Florida because the Philly games are gonna be huge

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
I'm not saying we suck(ed), Im just saying IMO - look at our roster - we have overacheived, Im not saying our season is over just we have had 1, yes 1 line carry us for so long. Our depth dman have been playing over their heads lately.

I also think there is a difference between being an very good team, an elite in the Eastern Conference, an Elite team in the West and a team with Stanley Cup potentiak
geez ottawa also only has one line....they scored all 6 goals for the sens

our defensive corps is very good in the top 3... streit is a good 5th with limited ice-time on 5 on 5, gorges is an amazing 6th def...

the problem here is another top 4 def and i think obyrne is that man, cant wait for his return

the problem with our def corps without hamrlik is that they are just too soft, the gorges-bouillon duo is the smallest def duo in the league, then brisebois and streit are the less physical pair in the league

brisebois shouldnt be in the nhl and bouillon should be a 7th defenseman, playing no more than 12 mins a game

we need obyrne with hamlik ASAP

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Need any more proof that they're a one line team?
never doubted that....just like I didn't need proof that the Habs dont' have an effective shut-down line.

Old
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316 View Post

What would a tough guy would have done against their top line? Wait for them in the parking lot with a baseball bat?

Nice.

Old
02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
It was just one of those nights, but god I hate the Sens. The Pizza Line is sooo annoying. I can't wait for them to get crushed by Wings or Ducks if they do actually come out of the East.
one game guys. We'll easily take them in the playoffs. When the games get defensive, its easier to take out a one-line team.

We're still looking at the Cup Finals right now with the Habs.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote