HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 2/10 • New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals • 1:00PM • MSG

Old
02-10-2008, 02:36 PM
MountVancouver'94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Horrible turnover by Rozsival, forcing Hollweg to stick out (which, still, I don't agree with the Dive, Hollweg put out his stick and tripped him, him and Rozsival are both equally at fault)..

Could have guessed it would be Green, what else is new?

Anyway. I was saying just before OT that I would be glad if we got a point out of the powerplay lack of scoring tonight and Kolzig playing like Brodeur+Luongo.
Yea...the PP killed us. Again. We would be 5th in the conference if we could score on the PP. I thought that was Mike Pelino, not Pearn.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I dont blame anyone for this loss. We played well enough to win, and Kolzig stole them 2 points with 2 absolutely ridiculous saves.
though, rangers never seem to win in "verizon center" or "mci center" or whatever that dump of a place is called now....

can anyone find out when was the last time the rangers actually left that place with 2 points?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stc1709*

Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Renney is a god damn idiot for putting the fourth line out there with 1 minute left to go.
its not the first time hes done it and it sure wont be the last

stc1709* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
isles20*

Even though you guys lost the team as a whole looked much better these last two games with vally in net.

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
At least we got a point.

Mike Green is some player huh? I can't recall the last time I was that impressed with an opposing player. He is so confident with the puck. Can you imagine if we had Staal and Green together as our top line pairing. They would be a perfect pairing together with Green's offensive game and Staal's defensive game.
Sanguinetti>Green

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
though, rangers never seem to win in "verizon center" or "mci center" or whatever that dump of a place is called now....

can anyone find out when was the last time the rangers actually left that place with 2 points?
Sat, Feb 10, 2007 @ Washington W 5-2
Exactly 1 year ago today

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I dont blame anyone for this loss. We played well enough to win, and Kolzig stole them 2 points with 2 absolutely ridiculous saves.
Could it be at all possible that at least Avery's shot wasn't that great? Both his and Hollweg's were freakin weak as ****.

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:39 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Sat, Feb 10, 2007 @ Washington W 5-2
Exactly 1 year ago today
coincidental

Old
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Feb 10 2007. Just a guess Pru's too fast for me.

02-10-2008, 02:49 PM
mstraka82

ugh boooooooooooooooooooooooo, good game tho, i dont know why hollweg was out there i like betts not hollweg he stinks i am done with him

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
The Rangers had their chances in those 6 power plays they failed to convert on. Just one PP goal means a 3-2 Rangers lead in the final minute, meaning Washington has Kolzig pulled and Jagr--not Hollweg--is out there shooting for the empty net instead of trying to get the OT point.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
JerseyRangers

Stop blaming Hollweg or even Roszival. Bottom line -- you go 0-6 on the pp and give up 2 pp goals against your going to lose every time. In this league with everyone being so close to each other you've got to capitalize on the pp. How many games have we lost this year because of our inability to score on the man advantage? Its beyond funny.

As I've said before -- time to move Jagr.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

As I've said before -- time to move Jagr.[/QUOTE]

i dont think it is even a question of whether he should be moved or not. he has to be traded i think to get some scoring help.

i think they will keep him because of the game in prague. which for me isn't right

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:14 PM
mstraka82

F this stinks, i root sooooooooooo hard for Jags and i am giving up and gettin frusturated ahhhh

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Jagr is pointless in 7 games. Enough is enough, Slats better be working the phones in these 5 days off.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:18 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Hey Renney, STOP PUTTING OUT HOLLWEG AND ORR. No reason they should be on the ice with 1 minute left in the 3rd.

Put out Betts with Drury and someone else if you want to maintain the score to reach OT.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Fletch

I have mixed feelings about the weekend...

3 out of 4 points ain't bad at all - one win and won loss ain't great - three ouf of four with the backup goalie starting's pretty darn good - the fact that the starting goalie is not in when this team is going to rest for the week is not. I hope to see something different from this team come next week.

As for today's game - this team has trouble finishing (sorry to state the obvious). Straka on the left wing on the PP makes little sense and on more than an occasion, not having a right handed shot on that side hurt. Dubi shouldn't be with Jagr on the PP; Gomez should. Prucha or Cally should be on Jagr's left.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:30 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Agreed and agreed.

Total dive. There was hardly any contact at all.
I'll ask a simple question. Why would Green after making a great move at the point to get by Hollweg take a dive?? The guy had room down the boards to take the puck in deep and take a shot or maybe set up a goal to win in Reg. time but after his nice move he takes a dive. Doesn't add up.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:30 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
3 out of 4 points ain't bad at all - one win and won loss ain't great - three ouf of four with the backup goalie starting's pretty darn good - the fact that the starting goalie is not in when this team is going to rest for the week is not. I hope to see something different from this team come next week.

As for today's game - this team has trouble finishing (sorry to state the obvious). Straka on the left wing on the PP makes little sense and on more than an occasion, not having a right handed shot on that side hurt. Dubi shouldn't be with Jagr on the PP; Gomez should. Prucha or Cally should be on Jagr's left.
right fletch...

prucha-drury-jagr
straka-rozsival

avery-gomez-shanahan
staal-girardi

Old
02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Fletch

I was actually thinking...

Gomez with Jagr and Dubi on the second unit (or Straka or Avery centering the second unit). Drury would be on the left side, and Shanny or Prucha would also be on the left side (I'd love to see Prucha get PP time, but it seems as though Renney's done with him on the PP as it's been a while since he's last seen PP time).

Old
02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Fletch

I only saw the play twice...

live, I thought it was definitely a dive. On the replay it was pretty clear that Hollweg did something to interfere with Green. I can't say definitively if he did dive. To answer your question, though, Joe, the reason he dove was to finish the game on the PP, or go into OT with a 4-on-3 to win the game. Sometimes players will do anything they can to get an edge.

Old
02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Levitate

was at the game. typical rangers game of not finishing their chances and getting burned for their own screwups. that second goal was ridiculous because of all the chances the rangers had to clear the puck and prevent it, but they just stopped skating.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 04:07 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
live, I thought it was definitely a dive. On the replay it was pretty clear that Hollweg did something to interfere with Green. I can't say definitively if he did dive. To answer your question, though, Joe, the reason he dove was to finish the game on the PP, or go into OT with a 4-on-3 to win the game. Sometimes players will do anything they can to get an edge.
Hollweg did get him on the side of the leg taking him down. After having the last 6 PP in the game you knew that one was getting called. I didn't see Renney or anyone else yap at the refs on the call so I think they saw him make contact with his leg also. Give Green credit he made a nice move at the point to force Hollweg to do something.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 04:43 PM
mike14

Quote:
right fletch...

prucha-drury-jagr
straka-rozsival

avery-gomez-shanahan
staal-girardi
The problem I have with this is that the dawes - drury - gomez line sort of works. they are sporatic but they actually look like scoring an generate lots of good chances with dawes and drury getting to the front of the net. I'd like to see Tyutin replaced by Mara (who's finally using his shot) with this group.
With the Jagr unit, maybe try Shanny - Straka - Jagr up front??? I don't know..... its almost getting to the stage where I'd leave Jagr and Straka off the PP because they just can't seem to get setup at all.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Ola

Had a bad feeling all night...

I don't think we had any major problems, sure there are always some details that could be improved.

But I think our big problem tonight was that none of our leaders really stepped up and led the way. Some might say that Gomez and Drury played well, but IMO they did their job and not much more. I expect efforts like this from Gomez on a regular basis. Drury must scramble like this and block shots and everything to be a 5 m player.

The 18 guy effort won't be there 82 games per season. No team get that; like Washington defenitly didn't get it today -- but their big guns stepped up and won this game for them. Kölzig and AO's line.

For us, we didn't get a gamewinning effort from anyone. Not Rozsival. Nobody stepped up against AO. Not Drurys line. Not Dubinskys line. Not Gomez line. Not the PK. We played solid as a team, but pretty much left the rest to the hockey gods.

I don't like that at all, its not a good sign. Lundqvist have had some time off now, maybe he can bring it after the break. Shanny got that killer instincts at times. But I don't like it at all that Jagr aren't capable, nor in a position to step up. That Gomez don't got more top end offense in him. Et c.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote