HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse need to be more aggressif

Old
02-11-2008, 09:37 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He's a lion who plays like a kitten.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
My opinion about Lats concerned not only him but other guys too from Begin, Kostopoulos, Lapierre, Komisarek, etc....We are surrounded by a bunch of wusses that only think about dropping the gloves "when it's time" but it's never the time as far as they are concerned it seems! I'm really concerned about pride in this team and their lack of backbones.
Go... find... a new... team. That's not how the Habs play. Period.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Go... find... a new... team. That's not how the Habs play. Period.
While it's true it's not the Habs style... at some point you have to do it though, you're in trouble when guys like Redden or Corvo looks like tough guys you know...

S.K. is a finesse player, but even though he got KOed he still showed we wouldnt take sh** from anybody, Gorges get smashed on the boards game-in game-out but never backs down, Bouillon fight to defend his teammates...

no one ask Lapierre or Latendresse to fight every game, hell! not even every 5 or 10 games, but once just once to show their teammates they care, that they're ready to sacrifice their "pretty face" for the team, that they're pissed for losing...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
no one ask Lapierre or Latendresse to fight every game, hell! not even every 5 or 10 games, but once just once to show their teammates they care, that they're ready to sacrifice their "pretty face" for the team, that they're pissed for losing...
I'd rather them score two goals. You have to remember, I am usually the "grit guy" teams turn to so I take on the big guys, work in the corners and defend the teammates. Fact is, I'd be much more useful scoring goals and winning games than "confronting" other annoying players. Fights don't win games. Scoring goals and stopping shots do.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:14 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochelaga View Post
I don't mean he need to fight every game or become crazy , but god damn is he a power forward or not? He's what? 6pi2 ? 230 lbs ? He really need to be more aggressif with his hits and when the game is heating up. And sometimes he should drop the gloves , and if he's scare right now , the club should teach him how to fight...He should really improve in those area since he's not a very good skater.I dont care about his skating abilities if he can hit a lot , fight sometimes , and be aggressif *quand ya une melé*.He'll never be a fast skater , so just improve what your suppose to be good at.

It's a not a ''hate latendresse'' thread , it is some serious question i'm asking right now.
I hope Guillaume doesn't misinterpret the call to "take on the policemen" of the other cities. Kostopoulos is already out on bail for the same kind of thing.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:21 AM
habfan4

I don't have a problem with the way that Latendresse is playing and I'd be willing to bet that Carbonneau and Gainey feel the same way. In his first season, Lats showed that he has fairly decent hands but his play without the puck was a bit sketchy, he also needed to work on his consistency. This year the soft hands are still evident and he's playing better without the puck, he still needs to work on consistency (but who doesn't).

After the season is finished, Carbo and Gainey will sit down with Gui and give him areas to improve on, skating & getting stronger etc... Next year, if he follows the club's advice, his role with the club may be expanded (PP time etc...). With the added confidence that comes with developing his game, we may start to see a Lats using his size to better advantage.

The Habs are being patient with Latendresse and we fans should be as well, slowly adding more responsibilities and new dimensions to a young players game is text book development. If in two years, Lats still hasn't addressed his skating and he's still playing a tentative physical game then he can be rightly criticized.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Corey

Quote:
My opinion about Lats concerned not only him but other guys too from Begin, Kostopoulos, Lapierre, Komisarek, etc....We are surrounded by a bunch of wusses that only think about dropping the gloves "when it's time" but it's never the time as far as they are concerned it seems! I'm really concerned about pride in this team and their lack of backbones. Komi is a killer at hitting but dammit guys have to be scared of him. He needs to impose his law by fighting at least once in a while. And i'm not talking about overpowering oponants like Komi seems to do when he fights, real genuine "fist in the face the-one-that-falls-loses" deal Like Pronger, Iginla or Phaneuf(even Lecavalier) do. And if these guys are afraid because they don't know how to do it, well next summer put them through a good boxing training and let them have it for real in the face so they can get rid of their damn fear of getting punched.

Come on, this is the Habs. Carbonneau doen't mind when spear carriers like Bégin and Kostopoulos fight. He can spare them but he doesn't want Komisarek out for 5 minute stretches, not to mention the possibility of injury. Other coaches such as Mike Keenan may not mind it if Pronger, Iginla, Phaneuf, and Lecavalier. That's their prerogative.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Come on, this is the Habs. Carbonneau doen't mind when spear carriers like Bégin and Kostopoulos fight. He can spare them but he doesn't want Komisarek out for 5 minute stretches, not to mention the possibility of injury. Other coaches such as Mike Keenan may not mind it if Pronger, Iginla, Phaneuf, and Lecavalier. That's their prerogative.
Well we have had this weakling culture for the last 15 years and look where it got us. We're always outmuscled and easily intimidated. Sometime you have to be the agressor. You need to lay down the law when you lead in a game or when your team is humiliated and you need to wake your team up. Hockey is more than just scoring, it's about psychology, mindgames and who has the upper hand mentaly. It's not a coincidence that the Habs having a weak attitude has them blowing 3-0 leads in the third.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Well we have had this weakling culture for the last 15 years and look where it got us. We're always outmuscled and easily intimidated. Sometime you have to be the agressor. You need to lay down the law when you lead in a game or when your team is humiliated and you need to wake your team up. Hockey is more than just scoring, it's about psychology, mindgames and who has the upper hand mentaly. It's not a coincidence that the Habs having a weak attitude has them blowing 3-0 leads in the third.
Sounds like you're a big fan of moral victories.. the Bruins are good at those.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Drive425

I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs bring in a big body. Someone like McGratton(Sens have one) would make teams think twice about taking liberties with the skilled players. Lats, Kosto and company are not fighters so they shouldn't be expected to drops the gloves on a regular basis.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs bring in a big body. Someone like McGratton(Sens have one) would make teams think twice about taking liberties with the skilled players. Lats, Kosto and company are not fighters so they shouldn't be expected to drops the gloves on a regular basis.
Belak? Roy? I'd like to see one of those guys added and signed to an extension at 500-700k for next year and be the 13th forward...Belak can fill in as 8th d-man also.

I think you'd see a lot of guys playing nastier if they had a 230lbs "big brother" looking over their shoulder...Lapierre Begin Kotso Komi(he already plays mean but wouldn't be hassled by enforcers) O'byrne Higgins S.Kost and A.Kost.

I'd like to see Lats take fighting lessons and drop them 5-6 times a year, he's very strong on skates so it shouldn't take a lot of training.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote