HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll #18

View Poll Results: #18
Carl Hagelin (F) 10 14.49%
Tomas Zaborsky (F) 15 21.74%
David Skokan (F) 0 0%
Corey Potter (D) 11 15.94%
Hugh Jessiman (F) 23 33.33%
David Kveton (F) 10 14.49%
Max Campbell (F) 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll #18

New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Playing for the New York Rangers (NHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Alexei Cherepanov (F) - Playing for Omsk Avangard (RSL) - Selected 17th Overall in the 2007 Draft
#3 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the New Yok Rangers (NHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#4 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Playing for Brampton Battalion (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#5 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#6 -- Nigel Dawes (F) - Playing for the New York Rangers (NHL) - Selected in the 5th round in the 2003 Draft.
#7 -- Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.
#8 -- Ryan Callahan (F) -Playing for the New York Rangers (NHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2004 Draft.
#9 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#10 - Alex Bourret (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 16th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#11 - Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#12 - Ivan Baranka (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2003 Draft.
#13 - Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Flames.
#14 - Tom Pyatt (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#15 - Ryan Hillier (F) - Playing for the Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2006 Draft.
#16 - Brodie Dupont (F) -Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2005 Draft
#17 - Dane Byers (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#17 Prospect Results

Added: David Skokan (F)
Nominations: Lafleur (4), Bahensky (2), Hobbs (2), Ryan (1) Liffiton (1)
*Please tell me who you want added*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by FLYLine24: 02-11-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old
02-11-2008, 04:11 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

zaborsky 4th time

Old
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
zaborsky 4th time
Why him ahead of Kveton?

Kveton. Add Hobbs.

Last edited by Bird Law: 02-11-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old
02-11-2008, 04:15 PM
eco's bones

I went with Jessiman. It was between him and Potter. I like Kveton too. He's doing well in the Czech elite league. Add Parenteau.

Old
02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Zaborsky add Lafleur

Old
02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Why him ahead of Kveton?

Kveton. Add Skokan.
I mean face it. At this point on we're picking between players with the odds very against them to become productive NHL players(see Jessiman, Potter) or a bunch of crap-shoots (everyone else). Nobody can say for sure that Hagelin is better than Kveton or Zaborsky is better than Campbell the same way we can discuss Montoya vs. Staal.

I went with Zaborsky simply because of the 2nd line potential.

Add Lafleur

Old
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Skokan has been added already.

02-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Nich

Quote:
Why him ahead of Kveton?

Kveton. Add Hobbs
agree on all accounts

Old
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I mean face it. At this point on we're picking between players with the odds very against them to become productive NHL players(see Jessiman, Potter) or a bunch of crap-shoots (everyone else). Nobody can say for sure that Hagelin is better than Kveton or Zaborsky is better than Campbell the same way we can discuss Montoya vs. Staal.

I went with Zaborsky simply because of the 2nd line potential.

Add Skokan
I went with Kveton because I think he has 1st line potential. He's total boom or bust, but his upside is second only to Cherepanov's in regards to our forwards, IMHO. Doing pretty well in the Czech league at the moment as well.

Zaborsky might be considered to be a tad safer, but his upside is really only that of a bottom rung 2nd line player. I've seen quite a bit of him and I do like him as a prospect, but I don't think he will make nearly the impact as Kveton if they both crack the NHL.

Old
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Are people really considering Lafleur a bust already because he's having an average season in the qmj at age 19?

Old
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Are people really considering Lafleur a bust already because he's having an average season in the qmj at age 19?
I called him a bust last year before we even picked him.

He's a horrible prospect and the pick was a complete waste.

Old
02-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Quote:
I called him a bust last year before we even picked him.

He's a horrible prospect and the pick was a complete waste.
Who should we have taken instead at that point? Only one of interest to me was maybe Aliu

Old
02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
I went with Kveton because I think he has 1st line potential. He's total boom or bust, but his upside is second only to Cherepanov's in regards to our forwards, IMHO. Doing pretty well in the Czech league at the moment as well.

Zaborsky might be considered to be a tad safer, but his upside is really only that of a bottom rung 2nd line player. I've seen quite a bit of him and I do like him as a prospect, but I don't think he will make nearly the impact as Kveton if they both crack the NHL.
Absolutely, and that is your opinion. I just think it's really pointless to argue over who is #18 like that. You can not debate #18 vs. #19 the same way you can debate #6 vs. #7. In 2 years #18 could be #2 while #19 could be selling computers in Stockholm. I could see an argument for maybe Potter vs. Jessiman, but there is no way you can hold an in-depth argument over a bunch of guys in Junior Leagues.

Old
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Who should we have taken instead at that point? Only one of interest to me was maybe Aliu
A lot of other guys

We would have been better off trading the pick. You don't attempt to address a need by overdrafting in a draft weak at that position. They could have waited another year while picking a guy in the 5th round or so this year.

Old
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
dank

Hagelin because he has time on his side, great coach, great team, some good experience already (WJC, lots of ice time as a freshman) and because he is the flavor of the moment

Old
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Absolutely, and that is your opinion. I just think it's really pointless to argue over who is #18 like that. You can not debate #18 vs. #19 the same way you can debate #6 vs. #7. In 2 years #18 could be #2 while #19 could be selling computers in Stockholm. I could see an argument for maybe Potter vs. Jessiman, but there is no way you can hold an in-depth argument over a bunch of guys in Junior Leagues.
I don't think it's pointless at all.

I mean, I spent a lot of money this year to watch the CHL games. Haha. Maybe I'm a bit more hardcore into prospects than some.

But Kveton definitely needs to be above Zaborsky. I'd have him above Byers as well.

Old
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Zaborsky.
Add Lafleur.

Old
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
I don't think it's pointless at all.

I mean, I spent a lot of money this year to watch the CHL games. Haha. Maybe I'm a bit more hardcore into prospects than some.

But Kveton definitely needs to be above Zaborsky. I'd have him above Byers as well.
I do. It's one thing to casually debate it, but let the guys get a feel for the game before announcing for certain who will be better than whom. My point is that for 2-3 years we won't even have half a clue about who is going to progress and who isn't. At this point it's fair to talk about Korpikoski and Dawes and Montoya. But for the others let them compete in a somewhat competitive league first under prefered conditions before making assumptions. I totally get that you think Kveton is better than others, but you make it sound like they are 21 year old's getting good AHL time or top minutes in the OHL when they're really just getting used to what is going on.

Old
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Are people just voting for Jessiman because he was a first rounder? He might be the worst prospect on the list IMO.

Old
02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I do. It's one thing to casually debate it, but let the guys get a feel for the game before announcing for certain who will be better than whom. My point is that for 2-3 years we won't even have half a clue about who is going to progress and who isn't. At this point it's fair to talk about Korpikoski and Dawes and Montoya. But for the others let them compete in a somewhat competitive league first under prefered conditions before making assumptions. I totally get that you think Kveton is better than others, but you make it sound like they are 21 year old's getting good AHL time or top minutes in the OHL when they're really just getting used to what is going on.
Uh, Kveton is in the senior Czech league. He won't get in a too much more competitive league any time soon. That league is around AHL caliber.

And I'm not trying to be an ******* here, but for someone who's probably seen more of our prospects play more games than a lot of the people on the board, I don't think you're able to tell me how I should wait to analyze talent. I know it when I see it -- just as when I called Prucha one of the steals of the draft at his draft time.

Old
02-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Choice

Quote:

And I'm not trying to be an ******* here, but for someone who's probably seen more of our prospects play more games than a lot of the people on the board, I don't think you're able to tell me how I should wait to analyze talent. I know it when I see it -- just as when I called Prucha one of the steals of the draft at his draft time.
I agree that anyone who has seen these kids play is going to have a more valid opinion than anyone who hasn't, which is most of us. But that being said, nobody "knows it when they see it." People who do this for a living know it when they see it less than 50% of the time. If you knew Petr Prucha was going to be an NHL player, hats off, you know more than most NHL GMs. The only way you can "know" what these kids are gonna be is if you have some sort of magic crystal ball

I have a few questions for you and that crystal ball....

Old
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Are people just voting for Jessiman because he was a first rounder? He might be the worst prospect on the list IMO.
Denial.

Old
02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

add lafleur since fly is being a pansy and not considering wiikman

Old
02-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Choice

Wiikman should definitely be considered IMO.

Old
02-11-2008, 08:30 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Oh I get it... this is going to end up as our top prospects list.

For this poll, i vote Zaborsky.

Closed Thread