HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder for Tanguay

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
  #1
Beffcake
 
Beffcake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Ryder for Tanguay

I have been reading alot on other sites about the trade that would send Ryder to the flames for Tanguay, then i was reading an artical that said this trade is done, and the two sides are waiting on O'byrne, so that means it would be:
To Calgary: Ryder
O'byrne
To Montreal:Tanguay

I really don't beleave that this trade can be done now and that they are just waiting on O'byrne to return because i have noticed that the flames have not sat Tanguay out in any of there last games, but Montreal have put Ryder in the press box, but that don't mean anything, its just because he has played below average the past few games. My point being that if this trade has already gone down and like everybody is saying they are waiting on O'byrne, then why is Tanguay not being put in the press box to save him from being injured, because being a big habs fan i don't want an injured playin when were fighting for the top spot in the east. I think Bob would be smart enough to ask the flames to sit Tanguay until O'byrne is back (he was called up today)
So with O'byrne back in the line that means this deal could go down anytime.
has anybody ealse heard anything on it?

Beffcake is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
  #2
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
ok first off....you should prefix your title with "rumour" or "proposal"...

now back to my food.

znk is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:29 PM
  #3
Nobak
Registered User
 
Nobak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
I've also been reading a lot about this. On these forums.

Nobak is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:31 PM
  #4
STAALing
 
STAALing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Welcome to 4 days ago...

STAALing is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
  #5
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
now obyrne is ready
why is he not traded yet?

fake rumor

Tanguay is not worthy for his salary
Koivu 39 pts 4.75 millions
Tanguay 45pts 5.5 millions

llamateizer is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
  #6
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,911
vCash: 500
If Ryder can play the rest of the season the way he did last night,I would keep him

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:37 PM
  #7
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode
 
Walkingthroughforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,149
vCash: 500
For gods sake
Tanguay isn't going anywhere

Walkingthroughforest is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:41 PM
  #8
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole435 View Post
For gods sake
Tanguay isn't going anywhere
With that salary, no kidding!

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 04:56 PM
  #9
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole435 View Post
For gods sake
Tanguay isn't going anywhere
No one would want to take him at that salary, so you'll just lose one of Langkow or Huselius then.

Rayne* is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 05:09 PM
  #10
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
I also heard the reason Hossa still isn't traded is because they are also waiting after O'byrne. Once this deal is done we will trade Tanguay and a 1st for Hossa. Why don't they just take tanguay from calgary you say? Ask eklund.

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
  #11
urbnlgcy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CGY
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffcake View Post
I have been reading alot on other sites about the trade that would send Ryder to the flames for Tanguay, then i was reading an artical that said this trade is done, and the two sides are waiting on O'byrne, so that means it would be:
To Calgary: Ryder
O'byrne
To Montreal:Tanguay

I really don't beleave that this trade can be done now and that they are just waiting on O'byrne to return because i have noticed that the flames have not sat Tanguay out in any of there last games, but Montreal have put Ryder in the press box, but that don't mean anything, its just because he has played below average the past few games. My point being that if this trade has already gone down and like everybody is saying they are waiting on O'byrne, then why is Tanguay not being put in the press box to save him from being injured, because being a big habs fan i don't want an injured playin when were fighting for the top spot in the east. I think Bob would be smart enough to ask the flames to sit Tanguay until O'byrne is back (he was called up today)
So with O'byrne back in the line that means this deal could go down anytime.
has anybody ealse heard anything on it?
Ryder 47GP 8G 10A 18PTS $2.95M - $0.16M/PT
Tanguay 55GP 11G 32A 43PTS $5.375M $0.125M/PT

Tanguay has been a pretty consistent point producer and has greatly improved in his own end. Ryder has been sat for inconsistent play and not producing.

Sitting Tanguay so they can call up O'byrne? Why would Keenan or Sutter even consider that?

At this point in time, Calgary and Montreal aren't good trading partners. Unless Plekanec is coming this way, I doubt Tanguay is going over there.

urbnlgcy is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 05:20 PM
  #12
Anthony P
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
You wouldn't be getting Plekanec for Tanguay trust me.... that's as ludicrous as thinking all it will take to get Tanguay is Ryder....

Anthony P is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 05:34 PM
  #13
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode
 
Walkingthroughforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
No one would want to take him at that salary, so you'll just lose one of Langkow or Huselius then.
Any one would want him at that salary
you just haven't watched him play
he dominates the puck when he's out there,
he's one of our best PK's
And the only reason he doesn't have the poinst right now is because he's playing with Owen Nolan and David Moss

Walkingthroughforest is offline  
Old
02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
  #14
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole435 View Post
Any one would want him at that salary
you just haven't watched him play
he dominates the puck when he's out there,
he's one of our best PK's
And the only reason he doesn't have the poinst right now is because he's playing with Owen Nolan and David Moss
And with the habs he'll play with Koivu, who can only make the plays, and Higgins, who scores once in 100 shots.

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 03:49 PM
  #15
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Lats

Fido22 is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
  #16
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,013
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Someone who I have blocked must be doing this bumping....no other reason....

beowulf is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
  #17
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Lats
congratulations, you're not funny!!

Joey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.