HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Ryan Shannon spinorama goal in shootout. GOOD OR NOT?

View Poll Results: Should this goal be allowed or not?
Goal 69 52.67%
No goal 62 47.33%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2008, 01:37 AM
  #1
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
OT: Ryan Shannon spinorama goal in shootout. GOOD OR NOT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evl59...d.php?t=476834

Should this goal be disallowed?

It is spectacular but you're one on one versus a goalie, at least give him the space to work, you dont need to touch him. This is the second time Khabibulin is being scored after an interference spinorama, no wonder why he's so mad. The commentator says Khabibulin had no chance but i really dont know, theres no way he could anything else since Shannon was already over him.

Shannon did the same thing against Turco but Turco made the save because Shannon didnt touch him.


The interfercence spinorama by PM bouchard against Khabibulin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpggq...eature=related

The spinorama by Shannon against Turco with a spectacular save (no goalie interference):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIIWMBD43A

Turco looks he was beaten but still made the save, do you think Khabibulin could have make the saves if he was not obstructed?

Like i said, if you want to do it, dont touch the goalie, let him do the work. I think this is goalie interference and the goal should be disallowed. When you touch or push the goalie before the shot is made, the goal shouldnt count.

Here's an example by Shannon (again) that show a perfectly made spinorama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Zkx...eature=related

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:39 AM
  #2
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Good.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:40 AM
  #3
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
Bulin was beat anyway, so it's a goal.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:44 AM
  #4
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Bulin was beat anyway, so it's a goal.
Look where Turco was when he made the save, he was beaten too but made a spectaculaire save.

And my point is not if the goalie was beaten or not but should a player have the right to make a contact with the goalie in the shootout.

The shooter already have all ice to use, at least, give some space for the goalie to make his work properly.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:44 AM
  #5
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
**** the goalie if he can't take a joke

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:52 AM
  #6
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,925
vCash: 500
it's clearly a goal. bulin was beaten before any kind of obstruction possible.

and again, bouchard goal is good, because it went in before the contact was made.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:56 AM
  #7
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
it's clearly a goal. bulin was beaten before any kind of obstruction possible.

and again, bouchard goal is good, because it went in before the contact was made.
again look how far was Turco when he made the save, he came back with his stick because he COULD do it, theres nobody pushing him outside the crease.

And what are you talking about. Stop the video at 13 seconds on the Bouchard goal. The puck was OUTSIDE the crease and both of Bouchard's skate was between Khabibulin's pad.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:01 AM
  #8
SilverSeven
Registered User
 
SilverSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Bulin was beat anyway, so it's a goal.
Irrelevant.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:02 AM
  #9
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Irrelevant.
Obviously not if they reviewed it and allowed the goal.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:04 AM
  #10
Souray44
Registered User
 
Souray44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,419
vCash: 500
I don't like it.

You gotta imagine this happening to your team.

It's cheap.

Sure the goal is fun to see but you should not be allowed to touch the goalie or automatically it's no goal.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:12 AM
  #11
Nobak
Registered User
 
Nobak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
It's true Khabibulin was moving in the same direction as the player (away from the puck) but he didn't have a legitimate chance to attempt to get back into the play. From the third angle, at 45 seconds (puck still outside the crease), it looks like he's trying to stop his momentum with his left leg, but he obviously isn't going to succeed cause Shannon's on him by then.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:19 AM
  #12
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I think people shouldnt judge if the goalie had a chance to make the save or not but could the shooter hit/touch/push the goalie in the shootout or not. I really dont why a goal is disallowed in a game when a player hits, touch the goalie but in the shootout, the player can hit the goalie like that even before shooting the puck.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:21 AM
  #13
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,534
vCash: 500
the goal shouldn't have counted because Shannon lost control of the puck and swatted it in once he found it.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:24 AM
  #14
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,820
vCash: 500
It's not as worst as when the Minnesota guy did it. I think the Canucks guy also fell so it kills the argument for minor obstruction.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:26 AM
  #15
Vector
Registered User
 
Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Junktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
the goal shouldn't have counted because Shannon lost control of the puck and swatted it in once he found it.
Come one man, you know that's not true.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:28 AM
  #16
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Clearly a goal. Not only did the puck continue to move forward but the contact was irrelevant. If Khabby knew the puck was going in the opposiate direction he would not have slide himself to the other side of the net.

I don't see where the argument is.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:29 AM
  #17
sevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
i thought the rule in a shoot out was the puck was not suppose to go away from the net... ie move backwards from one point.. side to side is ok.. but not towards then back then towards... plus interference... very questionable..and just because it was reviewed doesnt mean it was right.. i bet by next season we will see some rule clarifications when it comes to shoot outs.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:31 AM
  #18
Matsi
got paws?
 
Matsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chiricahua Mountains
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Awesome, I luv that kid, now that's creative!

Looks great, very nice effort by Shannon. He truely took Khabbi back to school with that one. Though, if it can be counted as a goal, I don't know. Sure, he touched the goalie before shooting the puck. On the other hand, it was Khabibulin himself who moved towards Shannon...


Last edited by Matsi: 02-11-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
  #19
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
i thought the rule in a shoot out was the puck was not suppose to go away from the net... ie move backwards from one point.. side to side is ok.. but not towards then back then towards... plus interference... very questionable..and just because it was reviewed doesnt mean it was right.. i bet by next season we will see some rule clarifications when it comes to shoot outs.
The puck has to contonue moving forward and it clearly does. It never gets brought back.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 06:29 AM
  #20
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
Khabi was sooo beat on this move. And the reason Shanon touched him was because he tried the poke check.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 06:44 AM
  #21
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Pause it at the right point and you'll see Khabby has his right pad out along the ice to stop it, but the contact with his left leg pushes him out of the way.

No goal!

EDIT:


He clearly goes for the poke check, then manages to get his pad out. His momentum is carrying him forward, not left. I don't understand how anyone can think he was not pushed out of the way.

As Shannon spins, he must hit him and force Khabibulin back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.

Ladies and gentlemen that is one magic goal.


Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 02-11-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
  #22
Orange
Registered User
 
Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
It shouldn't be allowed by the rulebook imo. No contact with the goalie in the blue area please.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 06:50 AM
  #23
Orange
Registered User
 
Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
Pause it at the right point and you'll see Khabby has his right pad out along the ice to stop it, but the contact with his left leg pushes him out of the way.

No goal!
Also his stick is tied up and he can't use it to cover the empty net.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 07:40 AM
  #24
Phailak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Rule should be if there is contact with the goalie with anything but your stick before puck goes in, no goal

Phailak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 07:59 AM
  #25
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,011
vCash: 500
It was Bulin's fault that he got hit. He poke-checked Shannon's skate, causing Shannon to go into him.

Goal.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.