HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier: Will he sign in Montreal?

Old
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
WTH are you talking about? Huet won't hinder Lecavalier coming here?!?! Koivu will be UFA at the same time, Kovy too, and I bet Kovy would reduce his salary to stay, Ryder gone, Smokes gone, Dandy, Bouillon... their contracts are all up at the end of next season!! Huet has nothing to do with this. Even with RFA signings, Huet signed at 5mil (and we're talking MAX here), komi signed, the Habs will probably have 10 mil left minimum, with the cap that will surely also rise....

Huet gone would rather be a deterent for Lecavalier's coming here.
You are underrating what our young RFA will get in the future.. Komi will get nothing less than 4.5 millions per year.. Markov 6 millions, Hamrlik around 6 millions, make the equation with a 10 millions Lecavalier in the line-up for fun, its raising fast enough..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
You are underrating what our young RFA will get in the future.. Komi will get nothing less than 4.5 millions per year.. Markov 6 millions, Hamrlik around 6 millions, make the equation with a 10 millions Lecavalier in the line-up for fun, its raising fast enough..
hamrlik is and will never be worth 6 mill, thats what phaneuf is getting.

phaneuf >>>>>>>hamrlik

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Airborne Troll*

One word: NOOOO

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan13 View Post
One word: NOOOO
Leaf fans need not apply.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg3522 View Post
Vinny has been saying that he might come to Montreal one day, in the future, if the stars are aligned, etc.

He's nothing more than a tease.
no kidding, he's giving me blue balls

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Well, maybe you just didn't read what I wrote previously :

Quote:
Lecavalier(8.0)(10.00)
Kovalev(2.5)(4.0)
Plekanec(4.0)(5.0)
Kostitsyn (2.0)(4.0)
Higgins(2.0)(3.0)
Lapierre(1.0)
Latendresse(1.0)(2.0)
Kostitsyn(1.0)(2.0)
Bégin(1.0)
Kostopoulos(0.9)
Chipchura (1.0)(1.5)

Markov(5.75)
Komisarek(3.5)(4.5)
Hamrlik(5.5)
Streit(2.0)(3.0)
Gorges(0.8)(1.2)
O'Byrne(0.5)(1.0)
Valentenko(0.8)(1.0)

Huet(4.0)(5.0)
Price(2.0)(3.0)

Three rookies added to top 23 player roster which is not even an obligation if I remember well.

Min : 49.50
Max : 64.35

Mid : 56.50

Considering the Cap took a 6 mil bounce, which will probably see the cap go upwards of 60 mil for the 09-10 season, we would be pretty close, but probably still have space.
And also, Hammer won't get 6 mil, he's already on contract (Markov also) for three more seasons (which would include 2 seasons with lecavalier AT his present salary, which is 5,5 BTW)

Also, the cap jumped from 39 mil to 44 mil (jump of 5 mil), then 44 to 50 (jump of 6 mil). If we follow this trend and revenues keep rising, and they probably will, this will mean that the first season for which Vinny would hypothetically sign with the Habs, the cap would be around 65 mil (50 + 7 + 8). Well enough to reach the maximum hypothesis I gave for the habs payroll for 09-10.

Oh and if you'd at least read what I said, you would see I put the maximum salary for Komi at 4,5.

Just for fun realize that no more Koivu already equals half of Lecavalier's salary at 10 mil, that means it is only 5 mil we have to fit under the cap....

Also realize, I mean, I do have to repeat myself since you seem unable to grasp factual arguments, Koivu + Ryder + Smokes + Dandy, Bouillon = 13 mil of free space, well enough to compensate for the RFA signings.

Also, about the amount rising high enough, I hope you understand that when we sign a player like Higgins, we don't pay 3 mil more for him if that's his new salary, no, we pay 1,4 more... It doesn't add up that quickly. And my hypothesis includes Streit in the lineup, but says he'll be there? We might have someone like Emelin taking his place, which would free between 1,5 to 2,5 mil on the cap.... Well enough place to have Lecavalier and the most of merry bunch we already have.

But keep imagining stuff if it makes you believe Huet won't be here, cause that seems your main reason for saying what you say. And as much as I like Price, he won't be ready for full flight for at least 2-3 more seasons.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
hamrlik is and will never be worth 6 mill, thats what phaneuf is getting.

phaneuf >>>>>>>hamrlik
What I meant is that he is already making about 6 millions per year for the next 3 years.. 5.25 or so.. close enough to 6..

Old
02-11-2008, 11:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Also, about the amount rising high enough, I hope you understand that when we sign a player like Higgins, we don't pay 3 mil more for him if that's his new salary, no, we pay 1,4 more... .
Its worth for the guy you replace too.. Dandy is making 2 millions, so you save in reality 1 million if you replace him with a rookie.. Add at least 2 reserve players, 1 foward + 1 defenseman to the roster..

Nothing guarentee the cap will raise as much as it raised the last 2 years..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 02-11-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old
02-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
he's getting traded here next week for Smolinski straight up.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:10 AM
le_sean

I love the Habs, but if I were a 27 year old millionaire living on the sunny beaches of Florida with all their beautiful women and a life I can enjoy privately, I'd take it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I love the Habs, but if I were a 27 year old millionaire living on the sunny beaches of Florida with all their beautiful women and a life I can enjoy privately, I'd take it.
Same, not to mention he doesn't lose half his salary to tax.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 02:23 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Same, not to mention he doesn't lose half his salary to tax.
Never even thought of that.

People need to realize just how annoying life would be like for a hockey superstar in a hockey crazed city. I mean I'm sure they love the fans and all, but not being able to go out and have dinner or go out for a cup of coffee without people staring at you or asking for your autograph/pictures is bound to get annoying. It has it's perks obviously, as if you have a great game I'm sure drinks are on the house and everyone greets you joyously. But if you become streaky there's spit in your food. It would become way too much.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 02:40 AM
tinyzombies

That's the friendliest answer I've ever heard him give though. Very promising. At least we know that he'd consider it if he were a UFA this season. That's a good sign. We'll be on his list.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 06:46 AM
jaffy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I have a question for all those who say that Lecavalier won't ever come to Montreal. Are you saying this because you're tired of reading a new thread about it every month, or do you really, really think the scenario is completely impossible? Just asking...
no, of course there is always a chance that he signs with us when he's UFA. We have a 1/30 chance of signing him, and every other team has the same odds. What the habs have going for them is that they are a up and rising team, I mean, by the time he gets here, our D-Core will consist of Komi, Markov, O'Byrne, Valent, Mcdon, Emelin. At fwd we'll have Kost bros., Pleks, Chipch, D'Agos, Paciore, etc.. and whoever they trade for. As long as everyone progresses the way they should, it is promissing and then when you think he's from here, that is the added bonus. The flip side of that coin is high taxes, high stress environment, crap weather, horrible road maintenance (thinking of his Lamborghini) and an anal government so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

jaffy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:10 AM
FlavorFlav

Oh for the love of....

Can we just please please PLEASE PLEASE put this stupidity to rest. The guy has stated he is happy in TB, has no real interest in MTL...repeatedly. Can we please move on...this is worse than the "duhhhh what would it take to get Simon Gagné" vomit from the 90s....

Are we so desperate for topics that we must keep returning this one??? Can we not talk about something else??? O'byrne'S fetish for purses? ANYTHING BUT THIS !@#$!##$!@#! LECAVALIER TO MTL SCENARIO????

Whew, that felt good.

So, do the Habs need an enforcer?

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Does this thread exist only because he is French Canadian?

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:12 AM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
? maybe because he grew up in montreal and that he's a superstar ?

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Ah no you are both wrong... go take a good look at the Habs contracts for 09-10... they have three players signed, Higgins won't cost much then the double of his salary, Komi no more than 4 mil, Pleks 5 mil and the Kosty bros will still be earning not that much as they will still be RFAs, as Higgy and Pleks will be... you expect them to get way too much and just the fact you think Price will cost much more makes me scoff at this. Also realize the Cap will go up, and the other players I've mentionned take up to 17-18 mil...

When I say these things, its because I've already calculated them. My point still stands. And if you want a detailed analysis of the habs cap for that year with LEcavalier I will gadly provide one
Would help if you would actually remember that as the cap goes up, so does single player salaries. We would be lucky to sign all those contracts in your "plan".

Higgins exploding next year? 5m cap hit
Pleckanec(we will sign him to an extension this summer I'm quite sure for around Koivu's salary)
Komisarek @ 4.5m is ridiculous, hell get Markov's salary.(At this rate of progression)
Kovalev at 4m$ cap hit? He wont take a rebate...
Sergei Kostitsyn exploding and he will have to peg another 5m$ for him
Price take first spot, another 5m$
Andrei Kostitsyn at 4m$ as a PPG player? Look at Vanek salary.

See how it can get out of the control fast?
1)It might not get that bad
2)I'm not saying we can't sign Huet for 1 year @ 5-6m$ The problem, Huet will not want that and we would be foolish to sign him for longer in our situation.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
Not only, but partly. Everybody likes a local boy - look how many Ranger fans were happy when you guys drafted Sanguinetti. And we love to speculate that it increases his chances of signing here. It worked with Dandenault, who reportedly turned down similar money from Detroit to come back home.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Its worth for the guy you replace too.. Dandy is making 2 millions, so you save in reality 1 million if you replace him with a rookie.. Add at least 2 reserve players, 1 foward + 1 defenseman to the roster..

Nothing guarentee the cap will raise as much as it raised the last 2 years..
Well attendance are still on the rise, TV ratings too, which means revenues will also rise :

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/01/nhl_attains_goal.php

Nothing guarantees it, but hell, as it is, you would have to be a real sourpuss to not think it will. It is almost guaranteed for next season that a hike similar to last season will occur. I don't pull that out of my you-know-what, like others here, its written, its factualized, tendencies show that it will rise and it might be even more. But again, blind yourself from reality if it can protect your fanboy dream of Huet going away and having Carey set-up as #1 way too early.

As for the roster, by the way you were talking about it, you didn't seem to realize this method. But at least, I don't try to hold on to just saying it might or it might not, thinking my grand opinion is all that is needed, no, I actually gave a good rendering of what the Habs salary sheet MIGHT look like, but you don't mention that, you seem to ignore it totally.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
we would be foolish to sign him for longer in our situation.
Not really. We could keep him until needed, and he could always be given a trade when/if Price finally usurps the throne. A goalie under a very reasonable contract of medium term could be a very tradeable commodity as the cap goes up over the next couple of years.

3 years at 5 Mil per might be quite tradeable 1 year or 2 from now if Huet continues to be Huet.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:52 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Not really. We could keep him until needed, and he could always be given a trade when/if Price finally usurps the throne. A goalie under a very reasonable contract of medium term could be a very tradeable commodity as the cap goes up over the next couple of years.

3 years at 5 Mil per might be quite tradeable 1 year or 2 from now if Huet continues to be Huet.
Problem is huet as never proven to be a hot commodity, thus he will not have any trade value the moment Price will start shining. Plus, the goaltender market is bad bad bad. We would make sure to be stuck with a useless 5m$ by signing him long term. I'd take my chances with the 2 youngers next year or maybe sign a veteran UFA for 1 year to backup Price.(Joseph style)

Old
02-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Problem is huet as never proven to be a hot commodity, thus he will not have any trade value the moment Price will start shining. Plus, the goaltender market is bad bad bad. We would make sure to be stuck with a useless 5m$ by signing him long term. I'd take my chances with the 2 youngers next year or maybe sign a veteran UFA for 1 year to backup Price.(Joseph style)
Teams are always looking for #1 goalies, what makes you think that if the Habs werre willing to move Huet that teams suddenly would have no interest?

If the Habs had Huet on the maket right now they could get a blue chip prospect(2007 1st rounder) plus a 2008 1st rounder plus maybe more...but obviously being 4th in the East(2nd in points) they won't be trading their #1 goalie so you don;t hear any rumors.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post

IMO, signing a player to a multi-year deal, with the idea of trading the player in the back of your mind, is never a good move. At that point, you're playing with too many variables. There's always a better option.

The only exception I can think of, is loading up on veterans with 1 year contracts to trade later as rentals, when your team is in a deep rebuild, and you know you're missing the playoffs. The Blues last year, and the Isles this year.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Teams are always looking for #1 goalies, what makes you think that if the Habs werre willing to move Huet that teams suddenly would have no interest?

If the Habs had Huet on the maket right now they could get a blue chip prospect(2007 1st rounder) plus a 2008 1st rounder plus maybe more...but obviously being 4th in the East(2nd in points) they won't be trading their #1 goalie so you don;t hear any rumors.
Because he as never played 60 games like a real number 1. The habs wouldnt get much out of Huet.