HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier: Will he sign in Montreal?

Old
02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Oh, and BTW the next time you come into an argument saying... Oh the other guy is right on the money... don't fall back and try to play the "oh I might be wrong you might be wrong, this is just speculation" stance..... It just shows the reason for your first comment.

Oh and if you do beleive in 60 mil cap (will be higher than that) for 09-10, without Streit in the lineup we would be able to fit everyone even with your salary exagerations.

Also, I've had these kinda discussions in the past and have a very high rate of success in guessing future salaries.... So it's not you who would have to be proven wrong, I was the first to make the assertions on their hypothetical salaries. Prove ME wrong.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Riggins

We'll get him when he's about 38 years old and washed up.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Oh, and BTW the next time you come into an argument saying... Oh the other guy is right on the money... don't fall back and try to play the "oh I might be wrong you might be wrong, this is just speculation" stance..... It just shows the reason for your first comment.
I can have the same opinion as someone else, doesnt change the fact that you are speculating as much as I am. And I are you saying I just said that to please NewHabsArea?

Quote:
Oh and if you do beleive in 60 mil cap (will be higher than that) for 09-10, without Streit in the lineup we would be able to fit everyone even with your salary exagerations.
Its not just "fitting people" a 60m would mean that Gainey cap will be around 54m$(for end game flexibility)

Quote:
Also, I've had these kinda discussions in the past and have a very high rate of success in guessing future salaries.... So it's not you who would have to be proven wrong, I was the first to make the assertions on their hypothetical salaries. Prove ME wrong.
Good for you.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Round and round we go..... sawing logs right now.

You still haven't given examples similar to Kovy to say 5-6 mil... he would be a first.

We'll see in July 09.... until then, this is getting boring and irritating as you constantly pass over arguments and repeat your own.
What is wrong with that. Are you saying that if he maintain the rhythm you will just loose him because you don't want to pay an old guy for the same production?

Old
02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
What is wrong with that. Are you saying that if he maintain the rhythm you will just loose him because you don't want to pay an old guy for the same production?
No it's just a normal trend, WTFU. That,s why I'm asking for examples, because there aren't any. I can bet you what you want that kovy won't be making more than 4 mil on his new contract. You're whole problem is discussing with good arguments. Your points of comparison are very weak and only serve to still exagerate, not TO FIND A TRUE GAUGE. That's big difference. I am aware of trends and usual gauges used and past actions by similar or same cast of characters. That's why I know time will prove my numbers right.

Old
02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
SOLR

Quote:
No it's just a normal trend, WTFU. That,s why I'm asking for examples, because there aren't any. I can bet you what you want that kovy won't be making more than 4 mil on his new contract. You're whole problem is discussing with good arguments. Your points of comparison are very weak and only serve to still exagerate, not TO FIND A TRUE GAUGE. That's big difference. I am aware of trends and usual gauges used and past actions by similar or same cast of characters. That's why I know time will prove my numbers right.
For some players comparisons are hard to make and good judgment, salary demands and team needs might make his salary a number that is new ground (considering his age and level of performance). It's not the same for Pleckanec, since we have a lot of possible comparison targets for him. I think he will be considering a gomez lite if he can play at the same level next year. For Kovalev, you want me to find comparisons but theres really little comparison to be made. I feel like we can continue comparing him to 27 years old UFAs for the time being, but we have the options of giving him vastly bonus centric offers since he will be older than 35. Now, how much a 27 years old, 75 pts player with game breaking abilities would get? At least 5m(Ribeiro's deal) in the case of Kovalev he can score more goals, so 5.5m. (Base 2m with 3.5-4m in bonus targets)

Last edited by SOLR: 02-12-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
criminaldrp

Send a message via MSN to criminaldrp
Quote:
Hey, I meant to ask you... Is your username a reference to "Watchmen"? I just recently discovered that graphic novel and i must say it's pretty awesome!

Back to the topic at hand... I think he won't sign here. With free agents, it's always blablabla I would consider it, I like the town, we'll see then and there. And last time he said the same kind of things.

Call me a cynic if you'd like, but I'm sure he'd rather stay in the warm florida weather, pay less taxes, face less media pressure and take a chance on the team reverting to contender status.

Unless he's a special breed of champion (in which case, although I love the habs and believe in their chances, there might be better options out there next year) or, hopefully, hometown hero.

criminaldrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:36 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Lecavalier is having a bad game...Been bad for a good stretch now.

Lecavalier is done. Lecavalier is tired. Lecavalier looks lost. Lecavalier wants out of Tampa. Lecavalier is jealous. Lecavalier sits sulking in his corner all day.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminaldrp View Post
Hey, I meant to ask you... Is your username a reference to "Watchmen"? I just recently discovered that graphic novel and i must say it's pretty awesome!

Back to the topic at hand... I think he won't sign here. With free agents, it's always blablabla I would consider it, I like the town, we'll see then and there. And last time he said the same kind of things.

Call me a cynic if you'd like, but I'm sure he'd rather stay in the warm florida weather, pay less taxes, face less media pressure and take a chance on the team reverting to contender status.

Unless he's a special breed of champion (in which case, although I love the habs and believe in their chances, there might be better options out there next year) or, hopefully, hometown hero.
Nope, and I'm a pretty avid reader of all sorts of novel and comic books and I haven't read the Watchmen yet. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.

As for Ozymandias, it's a reference from the pretty awesome novel Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, in which he refers to revolution and collapse of society, "I am Ozymandias King of Kings" which comes from a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias

You ever read Palahniuk? I recommend him greatly. I just read his latest novel for the second time and it's amazing, it's called Rant.

Old
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Lecavalier is having a bad game...Been bad for a good stretch now.

Lecavalier is done. Lecavalier is tired. Lecavalier looks lost. Lecavalier wants out of Tampa. Lecavalier is jealous. Lecavalier sits sulking in his corner all day.
WaffleDude, you forgot to say, Lecavalier doesn't have anymore leadership