HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal - 3 teams, Mtl - Ana - Fla

Old
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Yeah, cause im sure Anaheim would throw away a pick like that and a prospect for Koivu. They have Weight on the second line for a reason and hes been good for Selanne. They do not need another center.
Not to defend the proposal, but a glance a Burke's trading history makes it seem like he HATES draft picks. I'd be surprised if he keeps the Oilers' #1 pick past the deadline.

The one exception is last season (O'Brien for Tampa's #1). Burke himself said that he intended to flip the pick for a player on deadline day, but couldn't find a deal.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Not to defend the proposal, but a glance a Burke's trading history makes it seem like he HATES draft picks. I'd be surprised if he keeps the Oilers' #1 pick past the deadline.

The one exception is last season (O'Brien for Tampa's #1). Burke himself said that he intended to flip the pick for a player on deadline day, but couldn't find a deal.
At the time he said that though, he didn't think he was getting a lottery pick.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 03:32 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
do you think the team still considers him as captain?? he's having one of his worst seasons in his whole career, plekanec's line completely overshadows him, he's taking dumb penalties, etcetc

and think the time is right to trade Koivu...i like the guy, love what he's done for the city, but he's no longer captain material, not in montreal at least
Wow what little you seem to know about hockey and the inner workings of a team. Koivu is having a so-so season and all of a sudden his teammates no longer consider him captain? Please. Do you even know what makes a player captain material?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thats nice but after reading some of his quotes claiming that it will only go for a top player that isnt a rental (AKA If he can get Hossa Signed, Jokinen, etc) then it isnt going anywhere.

Hed love to stick it to Kevin Lowe.

And the fact a guy like Kyle Beach could very well be available for the pick, dont be surprised if he keeps it and goes after a guy like him. He fits perfectly into Anaheim's system.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
agreed...but Anaheim could want to pair up Koivu and Selanne, that would make an explosive duo imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
More explosive than Jokinen Selanne ?
when ever they play internationally saku and selanne always leads with most points. they have been there 3 times together and 2 out of 3 times they had the most points. so i think saku and selanne could make more noise then jokinen and selanne.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
prevail

Its funny how Koivu, with everything he has gone through in his career was willing to stick with MTL and always be there for the team even in his worst condition, and as soon as he goes thru a slump, we deal him like he's nothing

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 06:43 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
when ever they play internationally saku and selanne always leads with most points. they have been there 3 times together and 2 out of 3 times they had the most points. so i think saku and selanne could make more noise then jokinen and selanne.
But that was how many years ago? Jokinen is nowhere the player he was before. And sadly, it's the same for Saku.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
But that was how many years ago? Jokinen is nowhere the player he was before. And sadly, it's the same for Saku.
In International competitions,Koivu and Selanne both have proved that theyhave a phenomenal chemistry together.I'm pretty sure this chemistry would be solid if those two are ever reunited in the NHLKoivu would have a legit first line talent
as linemate since the Recchi short expirement.

Slightly off-topic,Koivu is a top 5 international competitor in the world and has always had a great resume in that level.Jokinen's best performance ever is mediocre for Koivu's established standards.Team Finland is Saku's team,and it shows.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
criminaldrp

Send a message via MSN to criminaldrp
Quote:
The Habs draw almost twice as many penalties as they take when Koivu's on the ice: http://www.behindthenet.ca/2007/5_on...oi=10&team=MTL Just saying, his aggressive pays off for the Habs more than it hurts them.
Well, according to that same site, Koivu himself has taken twice as many penalties (20) as he has drawn (11).

I don't think you get to credit him for Higgins only taking 4 penalties and drawing 24. Even Ryder and SK have positive differentials.

Koivu has always taken many penalties, and while I agree there was a time when his intensity drew many penalties, I would gather that isn't the case in recent years.

That said, if I understand the proposal correctly, from the habs' perspective, it boils down to:

Koivu + Ryder + O'Byrne for Jokinen + Duck's prospect.

Definitely something I would do, but not if we risk Jokinen not re-signing. I am not a believer that we can get by with Plekanec, Lapierre, Chipchura as our top three centremen next season, regardless of Koivu's relatively poor point production this season.

Last edited by criminaldrp: 02-11-2008 at 11:33 PM.
criminaldrp is offline   Reply With Quote