HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Da Dick Tarnstrom Thread

Old
02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Lainey

vCash: 500
Is Howson ever gonna make a bad trade... Tarnstrom with four points in three games and quarterbacking the power play? Just what the doctor ordered.

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
Is Howson ever gonna make a bad trade... Tarnstrom with four points in three games and quarterbacking the power play? Just what the doctor ordered.
I like the trade so far, but Hainsey was the real star QB of the PP tonight.

As a side note: the Detroit broadcasters were saying Hainsey's name is coming up more often in rumor talk.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
hard to believe that he was a 7th defenceman on my team a couple of weeks ago...

GX is AWSOME!!!!! He has 4 points in 4 games and he's a hitting machine... he's one of the best skaters on the team and he's an awesome forchecker!! Thank you so much!! I just hope Tarny does well for you guys; it sounds like you've got the puck-mover that you need.
OMG i think Howson is still on the Oilers payroll sending quality back to Edmonton?

No but seriously Jackets and Oilers seems to make excellent trading partners.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:22 AM
ca5150

He has done wonders for a very weak power play, 6 goals on the PP in 3 games!! I completely trust Howson until he makes a bad move, which he hasn't done yet.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 10:44 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I like the trade so far, but Hainsey was the real star QB of the PP tonight.

As a side note: the Detroit broadcasters were saying Hainsey's name is coming up more often in rumor talk.
Which doesn't make any sense because everyone can see he's valuable and improving. Even ARACE mentioned his name this morning in the Dispatch as possibly gone at the end of the season, and just because Howson hasn't talked to Ron's agent yet. I thought that was a weak assumption.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:06 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Which doesn't make any sense because everyone can see he's valuable and improving. Even ARACE mentioned his name this morning in the Dispatch as possibly gone at the end of the season, and just because Howson hasn't talked to Ron's agent yet. I thought that was a weak assumption.
Less then 2 weeks from the deadline and you haven't talked to your UFA about an extension?

If you planned on keeping them, this is the time to talk. If your Peca and/or Hainsey fans, you have to wonder what's up, at this point. Weak? Not at all.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:19 AM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Less then 2 weeks from the deadline and you haven't talked to your UFA about an extension?

If you planned on keeping them, this is the time to talk. If your Peca and/or Hainsey fans, you have to wonder what's up, at this point. Weak? Not at all.
It's not as black and white as that, imo.

You can plan on keeping them and still entertain offers that may be too good to pass up. I am a Hainsey fan, and I don't have a clue as to what they are thinking. I DO know though, that Howson is keeping his options open.

Howson supposedly hasn't been talking with Hejda's agent either. That doesn't make me believe that he'll be gone.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:35 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
It's not as black and white as that, imo.

You can plan on keeping them and still entertain offers that may be too good to pass up. I am a Hainsey fan, and I don't have a clue as to what they are thinking. I DO know though, that Howson is keeping his options open.

Howson supposedly hasn't been talking with Hejda's agent either. That doesn't make me believe that he'll be gone.
Didn't say he was gone. Heck, they could be talking to his agent.

However, if he's not, then Howson is keeping him in his back pocket for a possible deadline move. If Hainsey was someone Howson wanted to build the team around (like Chimera or Foote), he would be trying to lock him up right now before the deadline. You try and tie up the assets you want to keep now. If you wait until after the deadline you are at a greater risk to lose them.

As you said he's keeping his options open. The speculation about Hainsey's future is hardly weak (which was my original point).

How many contract extensions have we seen over the last 2 months? 10? 15? Those guys are the assets teams want to build around (or can afford to build around).

For all we know, Hainsey's agent already told them he wants to try the FA market.

As far as Hejda goes, Hejda expressed interest in staying. Hower it looks like Howson is either still evaluating him or is prepared to move him. He's a tier 2 asset at this point.

This isn't about who "is gone". No one is gone until they are gone. This is about protecting your core assets.

Last edited by blahblah: 02-16-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old
02-16-2008, 12:03 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
This isn't about who "is gone". No one is gone until they are gone. This is about protecting your core assets.
I see. This is about however and whatever you evolve the subject matter to be.

The whole point JF makes is that Arace DID say that Hainsey is possibly gone.
Arace made an assumption, is speculating, and JF calls it weak.

Calling it weak is fair, because he didn't add any insight like you try to do.

Someone hasn't signed yet, they are possibly gone. wooopee. Weak. Or just plain obvious, whatever. Anything is possible.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Byrral

Do we have until June 1 or July 1 to sign our UFA's before they can sign with other teams?

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:12 PM
blahblah

Quote:

Someone hasn't signed yet, they are possibly gone. wooopee. Weak. Or just plain obvious, whatever. Anything is possible.
What is your deal this morning? JF called it weak. There are valid reasons for speculation. So I pointed it out.

I'm just trying to have a converstation, I wasn't beating anyone up.

Old
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Do we have until June 1 or July 1 to sign our UFA's before they can sign with other teams?
FA period begins on July 1st. The draft is June 20th and 21st, it begins after that.

Old
02-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
If you squint really hard Tarnstrom kinda looks like Niklas Lidstrom. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 04:48 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:

Thanks WO.

Let me elaborate on what I think is WEAK:

1. Arace suggests that "No Talk = Gone," when the obvious and likely alternative is that Howson is WAITING to see which direction this team goes before the trade deadline. No sense talking contracts if the team implodes and we start trading guys.

2. Arace should have known that you don't sign Hainsey and Hejda until you know what Adam Foote is going to do, -and how much it's going to cost you.

3. Howson has a lot on his plate right now. He's going into the 3 days of GM meetings and will likely hear a lot of offers, and get a better read on the market/costs.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote