HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tucker, Nagy to Mtl, Ryder to Dallas rumor

Old
02-12-2008, 08:00 AM
skoivu

vCash: 500
Tucker, Avery, Rutuu these are players you hate to play but love to play with. I hate tucker with a passion but in all fairness he could help our team. Claude Lemieux played a major role when he won all his stanley cups. Tuckers a simular player IMO.

Nagy is a high risk high reward. Either hes gonna click with Koivu and light the lamp or hell become a liability and end up in the stands. 2nd or 3rd chances work sometimes for players, Samsonov is playing great for Carolina and was basically kicked outta montreal and chicago.

I think a player we should target is Stuart. LA is looking for a goalie i guess it depends on whether or no they think Halak can start NHL games. But a big, strong, nasty Dman could go a long way. Im in favor ive going after him and try to sign him for 2 yrs after this one. By that time Obyrne should be ready to play that role

skoivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

The Avs have interest in Wade Belak

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Weird ideas.

Ryder is better than Nagy. Although I guess you never know if somehow just a change in scenery or chemistry kickstarts one or the other into a short-term run that works out better for one team or the other. Still, you'd have to think that the media would eventually regurgitate all the Doan-slur issues that ultimately got pinned on Nagy, and that kind of distraction would make him an even less desirable acquisition for us than a soft, unidimensional, streaky, overpaid, impending free agent player like Nagy would already be. I don't know if I'd add Nagy to our team for free, actually. I'm not sure what he would bring that we don't already have.

And Tucker has said often enough that he's not waiving his NTC, right? So why is he an option? I don't like the length of his contract either. He's having a Ryder-like year in terms of his performance and productivity. He has had some good games lately, though, and he does bring a lot of spark and spirit. But at his age/wear I don't think I'd feel comfortable gambling on whether this is just an off year or the start of the decline for him. Because of his contract, he's probably another guy I don't know if I'd take for free.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:17 AM
tiredman

Tucker would probably be a very good addition for the playoffs...

as for Nagy, no.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, we are gonna get rid of Ryder in all likelihood, so paying Tucker his salary wouldn't be that bad.
Ya and hopefully move Dandenaults salary as well.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:24 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I dont see the Leafs trading us Tucker ever, so lets forget him.
They want to get rid of his fat contract.
That'S the only problem from my side... I dont want that contract. If he was UFA then it would be a different story.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:25 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I like Belak! He is a funny guy and honestly, I would take him as en enforcer.

I know Tucker isn,t having a strong season, but he would be a good acquisition for the play-off. I would gladly welcome him. (EDIT: His contract makes it less interesting)
As for Nagy, I used to like him but he really sucks now., plus, he has always been more of a passer which is something we exactly don't need.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
Tucker would probably be a very good addition for the playoffs...

as for Nagy, no.
Tucker is the type of player we need, but I think he would disrupt the chemistry in the room too much.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
DCL72

There's very players with whom I can honestly say, "I prefer Brisebois"

Nagy is one of them. Absolute garbage. He's Alexandre Daigle without the heart.

DCL72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:36 AM
bib
#believe

Nagy has a ton of talent, he kind of reminds me of Kovalev 2.0, he sometimes doesn't appear to be very motivated. If we could somehow find a way to motivate him, it would be a steal.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 08:44 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Nothing will happen.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Nagy sucks and he's as soft as a brick of butter after a couple hours under the sun. If we want to go after a softie , we should go after Tanguay instead. At least he produce and can be useful in the playoffs (see : Colorado years).

As for Tucker , i don't think we need him at all.Lapierre , Begin and Kostopoulos are playing the role of agitators so no need for Tucker. And i want nothing to do with his contract either. If we want to add some toughness , we should just go after a legitimate heavyweight goon instead.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
From ***********.com

http://www.***********.com/rumours.html

What do you guys think? Pretty neat IMO. Nagy can complement our 2nd line and replace Ryder well. I'm not so strong on Tucker, but he could teach Lapierre how to be a REAL pest, as well as make this team grittier.

Otherwise, what could we pssibly get from Dallas for Ryder?

Discuss
Komi will start hitting our own players

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:28 AM
gusfring

Don't want either of these guys. Nagy - soft.

My prediction : Bob will not do anything.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Belak would help the Habs, he can fill in on defense and play 8-10 shifts a night up front against the tougher teams.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoivu View Post
Tucker, Avery, Rutuu these are players you hate to play but love to play with. I hate tucker with a passion but in all fairness he could help our team. Claude Lemieux played a major role when he won all his stanley cups. Tuckers a simular player IMO.

Nagy is a high risk high reward. Either hes gonna click with Koivu and light the lamp or hell become a liability and end up in the stands. 2nd or 3rd chances work sometimes for players, Samsonov is playing great for Carolina and was basically kicked outta montreal and chicago.

I think a player we should target is Stuart. LA is looking for a goalie i guess it depends on whether or no they think Halak can start NHL games. But a big, strong, nasty Dman could go a long way. Im in favor ive going after him and try to sign him for 2 yrs after this one. By that time Obyrne should be ready to play that role
I think I'd take Modry before Stuart, but either one as a rental for Halak would help.

Tucker is not playing like a pest or scoring, that's why Toronto would like to move him and his fat contract. If he was just signed for another 18 months I might gamble but I think he has 3 years after 07-08...wayyy too risky with all the UFA and RFA's we have coming up.

Nagy can't finish, he is a good playmaker but has the same problem finishjing as Ryder Higgins and Koivu...since the lock out(more offensive NHL) Nagy has 36 goals in 169 NHL games. For comparison sake, Smolinski has 40 in 205 in the same 3 seasons. Latendresse 30 in 132 games playing mostly 3rd line.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Tucker would be nice to have if we play the Sens.
Why? Tucker's been the sens ***** for two seasons at least.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Rock On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Whoa

Exactly my type of girl !

Not a great voice though but her charisma and her natural beauty will give her a long career

Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Pascal

Nagy is bad. tucker is bad. pass.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Russeltown

Hmmm... wouldn't be surprised with Ryder to Dallas thing... You guys remember Ryder's first season with Ribeiro and Dagenais?

Imagine if Ryder scores 45 with Ribeiro....

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I would take Tucker if his contract wasn't so bad. Look, everyone hates him but he's a guy you love having on your team. He plays with more passion than many, if not all of our current roster players...And he loves Montreal. He said if he could, he'd finish his career here. He really loves this city and the CH (despite how he bites us in the ass always).

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
That's quite a forehead.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:43 AM

I would love Tucker in a Habs jersey.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
From ***********.com

http://www.***********.com/rumours.html

What do you guys think? Pretty neat IMO. Nagy can complement our 2nd line and replace Ryder well. I'm not so strong on Tucker, but he could teach Lapierre how to be a REAL pest, as well as make this team grittier.

Otherwise, what could we pssibly get from Dallas for Ryder?

Discuss

As much as I hate Tucker, I wouldn't mind having his grit in our lineup. He could play RW on the Koivu line and toughen that line up a bit. He also isn't too bad on the powerplay either....plus if he was on our team, we wouldn't have to worry about him crying when we play the Leafs.

Anything that will make the Habs a tougher team and improve the Koivu line, I am open to....just as long as it isn't a major move that sees us giving up a good chunk of our younger talent and disrupting the chemistry of the team.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 10:51 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
As much as I hate Tucker, I wouldn't mind having his grit in our lineup. He could play RW on the Koivu line and toughen that line up a bit. He also isn't too bad on the powerplay either....plus if he was on our team, we wouldn't have to worry about him crying when we play the Leafs.

Anything that will make the Habs a tougher team and improve the Koivu line, I am open to....just as long as it isn't a major move that sees us giving up a good chunk of our younger talent and disrupting the chemistry of the team.
He is a good friend with Koivu, right?

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote