HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros Concussion

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 02:11 AM
emjking

vCash: 500
Lindros Concussion

Any news on Lindros?

Is the injury career threatening?

Old
01-29-2004, 02:15 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjking
Any news on Lindros?

not to sound like a wise a$$, but any concussion is serious!

Old
01-29-2004, 03:26 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjking
Any news on Lindros?

I'd imagine any concussion at this point is career threatening, even life threatening. I wish Lindros all the best. Hope it's not as serious as we're all nervous about.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:38 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
He's done, he knew he was done...........

2 things.......lindros went straight for the fight after the faceoff, he's not the type of guy to do that..especially this season.....he was forced into the thorton fight....this was his choice.

The other being him sitting on the bench staying longer not wanting to leave......

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Lindros has played his last game. That check was kinda similar to the kaspy hit he got a concussion on wasn't it?

I really don't care for Eric that much, but ya gotta wish him the best...I hope he can regain his health regardless of if he comes back or not. It's a shame it happened right after he started playing alot closer to his old self....

Get well Eric.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:13 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown

2 things.......lindros went straight for the fight after the faceoff, he's not the type of guy to do that..especially this season.....he was forced into the thorton fight....this was his choice.

The other being him sitting on the bench staying longer not wanting to leave......

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Lindros has played his last game. That check was kinda similar to the kaspy hit he got a concussion on wasn't it?

I really don't care for Eric that much, but ya gotta wish him the best...I hope he can regain his health regardless of if he comes back or not. It's a shame it happened right after he started playing alot closer to his old self....

Get well Eric.
Very well said!

It would be ironic if both Lindros and Stevens were forced to retire this season because of concussion injuries.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:55 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Wow Eric Sees Stars.

Lindros Sustains Another Concussion

"When he came off the ice after the first shift when he got out of the penalty box, he said he saw some stars, some white flashes," Sather said.

Wow that is intresting. Well I dont think it looks good for Lindros.

Old
01-29-2004, 07:16 AM
aonez

Im so tired of this, what are they doing to him.
Doig can just go and boil in hell. He and Stevens are SOBs.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Jacob

Why are they SOBs?

Old
01-29-2004, 08:34 AM
aonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Why are they SOBs?
Because they are filthy human beings. They say they never wanted to injure Lindros - yeah right! This make them hypocrits as well.

Last edited by aonez: 01-29-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Old
01-29-2004, 09:08 AM
WhitePony

Quote:
Originally Posted by aonez
Because they are filthy human beings. They say they never wanted to injure Lindros - yeah right! This make them hypocrits as well.

....Umm yea your demented, but your opinion matters

Old
01-29-2004, 10:24 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
While I agree that steven looks

Quote:
to hit you in the head, the check is ALWAYS a clean one.

Doig didn't do anything wrong on that play either, Lindros was bent slightly and got nailed with his head down.

Do you think that Doig shouldn't have hit him? The way Eric is playing??

Old
01-29-2004, 11:07 AM
BLACKBURN

I am really worried about Eric. This is the last thing he and the team needs. I still think a guy like Simon should have skated over to Doig. Its not the fact that hes injured but the principle of protecting your good players. I pray hes ok, I for one am a big Lindros fan. Did he sustain the concussion from the hit or fight?

Old
01-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
It's funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
to hit you in the head, the check is ALWAYS a clean one.

Doig didn't do anything wrong on that play either, Lindros was bent slightly and got nailed with his head down.

Do you think that Doig shouldn't have hit him? The way Eric is playing??

you mentioned that, b/c i have been thinking about bringing this point up for a while, not regarding Lindros but the NHL in general. I have been realizing there are only a hand full of players in the league that will make that hit when they see a person prone with their head down. I have been noticing tons of players laying off the big hit when they have tons of chances to drill someone. I love some of the older guys in the league, like yzerman, hull, the detroit roster as a whole, but you see any of them with their head down they should get buried. No matter what the name is on the back of you jersey. Do you agree? I remember when i played in college, i craved to see someone with their head down.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Fletch

Liquid....

he went after Doig last season after a clean hit that didn't end up in a concussion.

We'll see how serious it was. At least the guy wasn't laid out motionless for any period of time, so let's hope this isn't the big one.

Old
01-29-2004, 01:11 PM
RFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown

Get well Eric.

I think you might be on to something with regards to the fight, I can't remember him ever doing that as a Ranger. Seems he knew he was hurt and maybe hurt bad and decided if this is how it's going to end then it will end with him going out fighting.
It's really sad but we all can't be to surprised that it happened.

Old
01-29-2004, 02:06 PM
BiLLY

The hit was perfectly legal... but it SHOULDN'T be. In this day and age shouldn't the league be smart enough to make ANY blow to the head illegal? Doig and Lindros have some sort of issue, I think. They seem to dislike each other, and Doig knew damn well he was hitting Lindros in the head. In my opinion it was cheap, legal but cheap. Stevens throws the same sort of hits, he AIMS for the head when he can, usually you can take the body without actually driving your shoulder or arm into the head. It should be made a major penalty to deliver ANY intentional blow to the head: cross check, knee, elbow, high stick, OR shoulder. And if you injure someone with an intentional head shot you should be forced to sit the same number of games, and lose the greater of either your salary or the injured player's for that number of games. I think guys would be a bit more careful, obviously some of them respect their finances a bit more than the health of their fellow players.

On the subject of whether Lindros is done, I doubt it. Maybe he SHOULD retire, but I think he'll be back in a couple of weeks.

On a seperate subject, legal or not, someone should have sent a SEVERE message to Doig. I would have liked to see someone cross check him forcefully in the chops, lets face it, the league wouldn't give you more than a game or two and its the only way to get the message into the heads of guys who would run at your best players. Shame, but its REALLY the only way.

Old
01-29-2004, 02:23 PM
oldtimer

It was inevitable

We all knew it was coming sooner or later. Everybody except Sather knew it; one didn't have to be a genius to realize this would happen. I'm surprised it took this long. That's why the fans were almost unanimously against getting Eric. That's why, Maximus, we did not "win" on this trade, or the Bure trade. That's why Sather is a failure.
Watch: Now, Sather will blame not making the Playoffs on Lindros getting hurt, as if we were a sure thing before he got hurt; as if we were not 5 points out and sinking before he got hurt; as if we were not losing in this game to an inferior team, before he got hurt. And we have nobody to take his place, or anyone's place this year or next, despite Dummy Dolan's assertion that the farm system is "primed to pump out" good players.
Its a damn shame. I had just rediscovered respect for Lindros. I have none for Sather.

Old
01-29-2004, 02:24 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he went after Doig last season after a clean hit that didn't end up in a concussion.

We'll see how serious it was. At least the guy wasn't laid out motionless for any period of time, so let's hope this isn't the big one.
concussions don't have to result in a loss of consciousness. And yeah I remember him "going after" Doig, but this was totaly different, he waited until the next play and had it planned out, I really can't ever remember Lindros instigating... and he should have gotten an instigator (man I hate that rule) penalty for it....

With the amount of concussions this guy's had he knows now when he has one. I just think at that point he realized it MAY be his last time on the ice, mine as well go down fighting right?

And the actual hit was clean it again was a beautiful check just as the Stevens hit was and just as the Kaspy hit was that lead to his concussion. If you really want to point a finger at who's fault it was, blame the MSG ice. That puck hopped up he lost it and had to keep his head down a few seconds longer than he should have.

Again I'm not a Lindros fan at all, but to sustain what number 8? or is it 7? You really take a big chance every time you come back. You better bet that he'll be talking with his brother about this.

Old
01-29-2004, 02:32 PM
reg dunlop

Quote:
it was a clean hit, if you cant handle hockey, go watch bowling or curling.. maybe lindros should have learned to keep his head up by now... it was a great hit. suck it up baby

Old
01-29-2004, 02:51 PM
dongod

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg dunlop
it was a clean hit, if you cant handle hockey, go watch bowling or curling.. maybe lindros should have learned to keep his head up by now... it was a great hit. suck it up baby
i would have liked to see you crying after a absolutely needless hit like that, sucker - not standing up like Eric and showing that he can handle hockey - giving Doig a fight!

Old
01-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY
The hit was perfectly legal... but it SHOULDN'T be. In this day and age shouldn't the league be smart enough to make ANY blow to the head illegal? Doig and Lindros have some sort of issue, I think. They seem to dislike each other, and Doig knew damn well he was hitting Lindros in the head. In my opinion it was cheap, legal but cheap. Stevens throws the same sort of hits, he AIMS for the head when he can, usually you can take the body without actually driving your shoulder or arm into the head. It should be made a major penalty to deliver ANY intentional blow to the head: cross check, knee, elbow, high stick, OR shoulder. And if you injure someone with an intentional head shot you should be forced to sit the same number of games, and lose the greater of either your salary or the injured player's for that number of games. I think guys would be a bit more careful, obviously some of them respect their finances a bit more than the health of their fellow players.

On the subject of whether Lindros is done, I doubt it. Maybe he SHOULD retire, but I think he'll be back in a couple of weeks.

On a seperate subject, legal or not, someone should have sent a SEVERE message to Doig. I would have liked to see someone cross check him forcefully in the chops, lets face it, the league wouldn't give you more than a game or two and its the only way to get the message into the heads of guys who would run at your best players. Shame, but its REALLY the only way.
Ok Billy, first of all you are upset about a perfectly legal hit that caught Lindros with his head down and thus you want the rules changed to allow everyone to skate around with their heads down and not worry about being popped but then you advocate someone purposely cross checking Doig in the face because he had the audacity to hit a guy who plays a very physical style. That seems pretty hypocritical to me.

It's not like Doig did a Darcy Tucker and left his feet in order to get him in the head. If Lindros' head wasn't down he wouldn't have taken the blow to the head he would have got it in the chest. Every guy in the league, except for Lindros, knows that you can't skate around with your head down. Changing the rules to protect one guy who just doesn't get it doesn't seem right. And while hitting star players who aren't physical players themselves is often frowned upon that really isn't the case for stars who play physicals styles and hit a lot themselves. Hitting Naslund draws a lot more ire than hitting Bertuzzi. Lindros lays a lot of big hits on the opposing teams and gets some coming back his way also and nobody has any problem but the guy has a problem skating with his head down and it has cost him time and again. Blaming Doig, or the league, or the rules doesn't make any sense to me when the only guy to blame is clearly Lindros himself.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:24 PM
fuhr

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...967#post780967

as ranger fans i'd like you to check out this thread and voice your take on this

Old
01-29-2004, 03:26 PM
BLACKBURN

Todays post - "Given his symptoms and immediate reaction, the Rangers at this point do not believe the concussion a severe one"

We can only hope!

Old
01-29-2004, 03:32 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...967#post780967

as ranger fans i'd like you to check out this thread and voice your take on this

if someone is saying he deserves it? then they are just being an a-hole and should be ashamed of themselves! i think eric has played better than anyone on this team, while anchoring a line of simon and barnaby! just imagine what he could've done had sather and the rest of the rangers got their heads out of their collective *****! i hope he recovers but i fear that this will have to make him retire, it just isn't worth it and he doesn't owe anything to this team! your health is much more important!

Old
01-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I really haven't seen any Lindors bashing here on HF. Even the comments at the bottom of TSN's AP report of the story are ones of concern for Eric.

Closed Thread