HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Timing

Old
02-12-2008, 02:20 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
You guys should check for some liability behind the blue line.
Your goalie and your offense are top notch in the East. You should look to solidify the Defense. A guy like Kaberle would help it.
Well Carolina have a Kaberle they'd love to get rid of...

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 10:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
So we're talking Marian Hossa?

Mara's got a pretty big contract. Sure, I'd rather not have a reason to keep Strudwick around but if a deal's going to be made, Mara/Malik have the most expensive contracts next to Shanahan, Drury, Gomez.

Where would be if we didn't have cheap players doing well like Staal, Dubinsky, Dawes, and Girardi?
Yeah actually I am talking more along the lines of Marian Hossa. If you're gonna be buyers at the deadline with the state this team is in which is a team that has underachieved this season, then you dont get a guy who makes you only a little better just gets you into the playoffs. You get a guy who will impact your team greatly and get it to the level where the expectations were at the beginning of the season and that is cup contenders, otherwise dont make a move at all and either let the team barely make it or fall out with what we have. There is simply no point in getting another expiring contract in Salvador who isnt really an upgrade over Mara. You talk about getting rid of Mara for that cap space when we have around 2.3 mil in cap space already then your looking for a guy who makes around 3-4 million which would be Marian Hossa I believe. Otherwise why are we dealing Mara then since his contract is expiring anyways.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

[QUOTE=Captain11;12477311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
LA: Mara/Malik, Prucha, Korpikoski, 2nd rounder

NYR: Blake, Nagy

QUOTE]

Blake and Nagy? Blake is too old and is not the player he once was and Nagy is the definition of inconsistent (which already plagues our team). Not to mention that korpedo still has alot of time to show he is ready.
I would have been willing to take a chance with Blake even with his age. He was just put on IR yesterday so obviously he has lost my interest.

As for Nagy I've always liked him and think he has great offensive skills so thats why I had interest in him.

Honestly, I just dont wanna see Sather go out and make a wasteful move which for example would be bringing in Martin Rucinsky. He doesnt make the team better. You make a trade to improve the team and this team can use a sniper/scoring defenseman/tough physical defenseman. Now I know you cant get all 3 BUT I think automatically, you go out and try and make a deal with Atlanta. Why? Because yes there's Hossa but there is also Exelby. The rangers defensemen are too soft and dont clear the net enough. Get Exelby and Hossa and I'd pretty much bow down to Sather.

Old
02-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post

I would have been willing to take a chance with Blake even with his age. He was just put on IR yesterday so obviously he has lost my interest.

As for Nagy I've always liked him and think he has great offensive skills so thats why I had interest in him.

Honestly, I just dont wanna see Sather go out and make a wasteful move which for example would be bringing in Martin Rucinsky. He doesnt make the team better. You make a trade to improve the team and this team can use a sniper/scoring defenseman/tough physical defenseman. Now I know you cant get all 3 BUT I think automatically, you go out and try and make a deal with Atlanta. Why? Because yes there's Hossa but there is also Exelby. The rangers defensemen are too soft and dont clear the net enough. Get Exelby and Hossa and I'd pretty much bow down to Sather.
What if it was at the expense of a key young roster player? Can't see a deal with Atlanta being done for our A/B level prospects.

Gotta think that one of Staal, Girardi, Tyutin, or Dubinsky would be the focal point of a Hossa trade.

Girardi and Dawes a good enough start?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
What if it was at the expense of a key young roster player? Can't see a deal with Atlanta being done for our A/B level prospects.

Gotta think that one of Staal, Girardi, Tyutin, or Dubinsky would be the focal point of a Hossa trade.

Girardi and Dawes a good enough start?
That's a pretty good start to me even though I'd try and replace prucha with dawes while also adding a 2nd round pick and another prospect.