HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Has the Quality of posts in our forum declined over the past year?

View Poll Results: Has the Quality of posts in our forum declined over the past year?
Yes 13 46.43%
No 9 32.14%
I've been posting for less than a year 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
The quality of posters took a hit in August of 03.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by <MR Jiggyfly>
One of his friends on the board told him who had reported him, and J told me this guy was a total punk anyway, and that he wasn't surprised.
I know that guy, he is a total punk.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
I blame Mario Lemieux

Nice avatar. One of my favorite movies.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
Red Bull = Vrnz = Scarface was banned

Oh the Stupidity i dont know

Oliver = Evilo
OTS was a funny brother.

What did Red Bull do to get banned?

Old
01-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
What was/is his name?

Old
01-29-2004, 08:43 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly>

What did Red Bull do to get banned?
got on the nerves of a lot of people and couldnt control his temper.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
What was/is his name?
Me? Punk? Guilty as charged.

I just asked the admin to check into it.. Several people also had the same suspicion.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
got on the nerves of a lot of people and couldnt control his temper.
He got a little too cute with a moderator and they gave him the can. He will be back soon. If he chooses to return, that is.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
Say that next time you see me, and see what happens.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
Me? Punk? Guilty as charged.

I just asked the admin to check into it.. Several people also had the same suspicion.
Was it you? I have no idea, honestly.

Like I said I talk to J like once a month or so, if I remember I can ask who he was talking about.

He said the guy seemed to have "no life" and had a ridiculous amount of posts. The guy registered over the Summer, and had something like 8,000 posts or whatever.

The guy and he got into an argument because he abbrev. the word people. lmao

This guy asked him why he didn't spell out people? J was like wtf is this dude on? He needs a life, lol

There was other stuff, but I can't remember it all.

I know he was pretty pissed at his roomie and this guy who reported him. He was about to have his roomie post an apology and he got the banned message.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

So what was the final straw that got Bull banned? I gotta hear this.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:09 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
The quality of posters took a hit in August of 03.
...and plummeted to earth in December of that year...

In the two months I've been here, I've actually found pretty much all posters here to be excellent ones, knowledgable ones too. A couple can be a little presumptuous or will misconstrue certain comments, but I suppose that's merely an inherent 'flaw' or 'side-effect' (whatever you want to call it) of message boards. I've been guilty of such things a couple of times.

The one thing I've noticed is a seemingly lack of quantity of threads, but the posting group on this board appears to be quite small. As Evilo has pointed out, maybe there isn't much to talk about these days, but I've honestly found the quality of this board much greater than any other Pens board I've come across.

If there has been a decline, has it really been so prominent? If you want to see a sad decline of message board intellect, go over and see the Penguins Talk section over at pittsburghpenguins.com where I and a few others have come from.

But I've only been here a couple of months. For all I know, I could be completely lowering the standards

Old
01-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
The guy registered over the Summer, and had something like 8,000 posts or whatever.
I didn't have that many back then. And so what if I posted alot during the summer? There's no school, and alot of days there isn't much to do. Big deal.

Quote:
Oh well, water under the bridge.
Exactly.

Quote:
So what was the final straw that got Bull banned? I gotta hear this.
We can't really get into detail about that, or we could get warned/banned ourselves.. The admins like to keep that stuff private.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Regardless of whether the quality of the pots have gone down or if there is a lack of topics, this message board is still the best one around. All the posters actually do know what they're talking about...most anyway.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
But I've only been here a couple of months. For all I know, I could be completely lowering the standards
If by lowering, you mean raising.. Then you are right.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:45 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
If by lowering, you mean raising.. Then you are right.
well thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Regardless of whether the quality of the pots have gone down or if there is a lack of topics, this message board is still the best one around. All the posters actually do know what they're talking about...most anyway.
I agree.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:49 PM
DJ Spinoza

Yeah, the old Penguin forum clefty and I and a few others post/posted at has really gone downhill.

There are some good posters left but most of them post in the daytime during their workhours, so it's hard to discuss anything anymore, especially given the recent surgence of ...well..erhm... the omg like wtf lol lgkogh !111 crowd lately if you get what I mean.

Here there's really no one I don't like to discuss things with, and I think each can bring up good topics and points in discussions...Except me. :p

Old
01-29-2004, 10:05 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
Yeah, the old Penguin forum clefty and I and a few others post/posted at has really gone downhill.

There are some good posters left but most of them post in the daytime during their workhours, so it's hard to discuss anything anymore, especially given the recent surgence of ...well..erhm... the omg like wtf lol lgkogh !111 crowd lately if you get what I mean.
I'm telling you, some of those people share a brain.

The board was really good when I registered in 2001, a few weeks before the Jagr trade. I think that a lot of those posters back then were in their early 20s and just finishing college, and many just didn't have time to dick around on the boards when they started working. I believe Paul Steigerwald used to post there occaisionally, but he used to get flamed to the rafters

Quote:
Here there's really no one I don't like to discuss things with, and I think each can bring up good topics and points in discussions...Except me.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
I tried to sign up there several times last year.. But each time, it wouldn't let me post. I guess I should count it as a blessing.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:31 PM
DJ Spinoza

Andrew Ference posted there once.

clefty, believe it or not, it's gotten worse since you left (well, in part because we lost another good poster...), there's been even more people who've come that don't add anything.

Koltsov, it's kind of a blessing. There are a handful, maybe even 8 or 10 that know a ton about hockey. I just started following the team the season that Lemieux came back (the whole one though). I was ...hmm...13 I think, maybe 14 at the time. I didn't know much about hockey at all, but I learned a lot from certain posters.

The bad outwieghs the good at this point, for sure.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:45 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

I think a big problem was removing the Penguins Players board. For those who've never posted there, this particular was puck bunny mayhem. I mean, there were threads like "which Penguin would you like to marry" and "who's your dream penguin date". I'm not joking or exaggerating here, it was truly that pathetic. And good for a laugh.

Now, I say it was a problem removing it because that board centralised the idiocy, and when it was removed there were PB's roaming in every corner of the boards. That was the real catalyst of what's become of the board, and a big reason that things went south. Lets just hope this board can stay immune to it.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:56 PM
PensFan68

I too have been disappointed on the other Pens board. I try to post regularly, but I'm just tired of all the same posts. Not too much good hockey discussion there, just alot of complaining. Although, it's understandable, but we don't need the whole first page being how bad the Pens are.

I like this board because there aren't many posters that post down here in the Pens section. It's pretty much the people that are true Pens fans, and have more of an idea of what's going on.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:58 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

i was there back in 2000 and kept the message board window open all day (1st year of college, i was enthralled with constant internet access). it was a great board, two in particular i remember were John19 and Captain Coyote. when Mario came back, everyone jumped on the band wagon and joined. there was such an influx of idiots many of the best posters lft. i mean, having about 5 How Many Points will Mario Get topics was absurd, and teh board admin refused to appoint moderators, which were really needed. i posted there about a year or so, then i just got tired of all the repeat threads and idiots. tried reposting there last year, but i couldnt get into it again. ah well, things come and go.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:02 PM
PensFan68

I really didn't care for John19, but I do agree it went downhill when Mario came back. As Raider said, way too many bandwagon fans came, and the boards just went downhill from there.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:09 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

John19 was a good poster, but newbies and "clowns" (as he used to say) really ticked him off so he seemed to come off as aggressive and argumentitive to some. DONTBESOHARDONJAGS, affectionately known as HardOn, was a pretty good one, as was Pags68 who now only rarely posts in the fantasy league board.

Captain Coyote, SE17 and Cosmo Kramer (now Eli Cash) are good ones that keep things going. As does tom servo who already posts here occaisionally.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:58 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
I think a big problem was removing the Penguins Players board. For those who've never posted there, this particular was puck bunny mayhem. I mean, there were threads like "which Penguin would you like to marry" and "who's your dream penguin date". I'm not joking or exaggerating here, it was truly that pathetic. And good for a laugh.

Now, I say it was a problem removing it because that board centralised the idiocy, and when it was removed there were PB's roaming in every corner of the boards. That was the real catalyst of what's become of the board, and a big reason that things went south. Lets just hope this board can stay immune to it.
Steve McKenna....at least I know he'd never beat me.
er, wait....Im a guy.

I tried as well, to register at the Pens board. I had the same problem not being allowed to post.

As for my dream date?
Does Steigy count as a Pen?

Anddd I just lowered the quality even further...

Closed Thread