HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn vs Wade Redden

Old
02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
MRocketR

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn vs Wade Redden

Hey guys, I just put up a new account on YT and uploaded a video just see what it's like. I also thought I'd just share for the hell of it in case if any of you wanted to check out the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5VZvyDrHDY

Last edited by MRocketR: 02-12-2008 at 12:02 PM.
MRocketR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
MRocketR

Interesting, I guess I need to learn how to post embedded videos.

Old
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
usernam

Thanks for that. Huge LOL at Brisebois though.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Ross MacLochness

Look at Bouillon throw Redden down with one hand. I don't think I've ever seen a worse hockey player in my life, but he's got to be one of the strongest guys in the league.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRocketR View Post
Interesting, I guess I need to learn how to post embedded videos.
just write [ YT ]_5VZvyDrHDY[ /YT ]

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Kevin took one on the chin (literally) in that fight. Still, the kid doesn't back down.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
MRocketR

Thanks, I just fixed it

Old
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
MRocketR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Kevin took one on the chin (literally) in that fight. Still, the kid doesn't back down.
It was Billy not Kevin, and there's a 10 year age difference between the rookie and the veteran, give the him another 2 years to develop

Old
02-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRocketR View Post
It was Billy not Kevin, and there's a 10 year age difference between the rookie and the veteran, give the him another 2 years to develop
Some of us call him Kevin and some people call him Billy

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:09 PM
MarkovsKnee

A tough kid. I can see why Breezer was upset. He took a bit of a charge. Who's #71 on the Sens? I couldn't read the name, but the guy did leave his feet to jump at Breezer, unnecessary at that point of the game.

Redden should have stopped punching when S.Kost went down, that's why Cube was forced to take the third man in. S.Kost was defenceless at that point, real nice of Redden to beat on a 20-year-old kid who is a lot smaller than he is. Good for Cube for trying to take on 2 Senators. He's a servicable bottom pairing defenceman, but when he gets top 4 minutes we and he get into big problems.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
A tough kid. I can see why Breezer was upset. He took a bit of a charge. Who's #71 on the Sens? I couldn't read the name, but the guy did leave his feet to jump at Breezer, unnecessary at that point of the game.

Redden should have stopped punching when S.Kost went down, that's why Cube was forced to take the third man in. S.Kost was defenceless at that point, real nice of Redden to beat on a 20-year-old kid who is a lot smaller than he is. Good for Cube for trying to take on 2 Senators. He's a servicable bottom pairing defenceman, but when he gets top 4 minutes we and he get into big problems.
I really think Bouillon did the right thing. He helped Serge cause he was getting the **** kicked out of him by Redden who wouldn't stop. I don't have ANY problems with that.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Guy Caballero

Both brothers have thrown down this season. They may suck at it, but you've got to like that attitude. When was the last time the Habs had two everyday offensive players who were willing to fight? Muller and Corson?

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
I really think Bouillon did the right thing. He helped Serge cause he was getting the **** kicked out of him by Redden who wouldn't stop. I don't have ANY problems with that.
Neither do I. I'm glad Cube did what he did. The headshake icon was for Redden's actions, for not stopping when S.Kost was down, and not for Cube. Cube was right to step in. Cube's not a great player, but he is a great teammate.

Old
02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Both brothers have thrown down this season. They may suck at it, but you've got to like that attitude. When was the last time the Habs had two everyday offensive players who were willing to fight? Muller and Corson?
Muller and Corson could actually fight though and are much bigger. S.Kost is okay if he stays within his size, like with Chuck Kobasew. I like the fact he will get involved with anyone though. He's more like Keaner that way, I think. I think SKos is a better and an obviously more willing fighter than his brother. I really, really, like SKos. It's been a long, long time since we've had someone with that much offensive talent, who also brings grit and a fearless attitude. Let's just hope he survives it.

Old
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
fatmax

ANyone else is disgust on how the fight started? I mean, Redden punches (with his gloves one) at least 3 times S. Kost to the head, then, S. Kost. retaliate with one good punch to Redden face and sudendly, he drops his glove and charge S. Kost. who have no idea that he's in a fight!

IMO, Redden is a wuss, and A+ to S. Kost.

Do you guys realize that both Kostitsyn brother have fight more in the NHL than our wonderful 3rd line Quebecer (lats & Laps)? From the look of it, it should be the other way around... talented player don't fight, energy player do!

Oh, and by the way, Cube did the right thing!

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Kostitsyn was just confused. After dropping the gloves, he punched first and got a hand full of visor. Redden has more experience in the visor fighting field and took over the fight.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
MRocketR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
Muller and Corson could actually fight though and are much bigger. S.Kost is okay if he stays within his size, like with Chuck Kobasew. I like the fact he will get involved with anyone though. He's more like Keaner that way, I think. I think SKos is a better and an obviously more willing fighter than his brother. I really, really, like SKos. It's been a long, long time since we've had someone with that much offensive talent, who also brings grit and a fearless attitude. Let's just hope he survives it.

14 points in 23 games aint that bad, he's on a faster paste than Kane and Ganger even though the 3 are friends lol

Old
02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post

Do you guys realize that both Kostitsyn brother have fight more in the NHL than our wonderful 3rd line Quebecer (lats & Laps)? From the look of it, it should be the other way around... talented player don't fight, energy player do!
Lats has more fights than Akost and Skosts in the NHL. that doesn't matter though since it's a fact.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Joe Cole

Funny, Redden is just punching with his gloves ---left right, left right. Then Sergei pushes back and punches him once in face, then Redden just drops him with an overhand and uppercut. Redden showed some skill but poor judgement on an easy target.

Good on Boullion. He did the right thing. He saw the kid was overmatched and saved him.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Breezer was upset because Foligno took a charge. It's nice seeing Breezer throw some hits and get a bit of a mean streak the past few games.

Bouillon did the right thing helping his teammate. I don't have a lot of positives to say about his game, but he's a tough little *******. No question there.

Lapierre is a p***y. Nothing else.

Sergei Kostitsyn has balls.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Breezer was upset because Foligno took a charge. It's nice seeing Breezer throw some hits and get a bit of a mean streak the past few games.

Bouillon did the right thing helping his teammate.

Lapierre is a p***y. Nothing else.

Sergei Kostitsyn has balls.
Maybe he does have a good set. Maybe he needs his rabies shot. Who knows?

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Lats has more fights than Akost and Skosts in the NHL. that doesn't matter though since it's a fact.
It's not a fact. During Regular Season and Playoff play, S. Kostitsyn has two fights (Kobasew and Reddan). Latendresse has 1 regular season fight, and one pre-season fight.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

As bad as he is sometimes i gotta give Bouillon respect for stepping up and helping out his teammates in times like this. Before Hamrlik was sick Bouillon and Gorges were doing great together as the 5-6 pairing, when he gets more icetime is when he is a lot less effective.

As if Lapierre was trying to get away from Vermette there, step up already and fight.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Also Redden is a ***** for punching Sergei when he was down, if it was Steve Downie getting punched while down i wouldn't care but Sergei isn't a dirty player and doesn't deserve that from a veteran player who should know better.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Karl Eriksson

vCash: 375
wow...sergei got the snot knocked out of him, I hadn't seen that. Nice punch.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote