Gameday: Canadiens @ Wild - 2004-01-29

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 03:42 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Canadiens @ Wild - 2004-01-29

Quote:
Lemaire, though, only smiled when asked if his team's only meeting of the season with the Canadiens held special meaning. "The press. The press is special," he said. "Look at all these guys here. It's like a wedding."
Lot of our guys have a reason to be keyed up for a game with the Canadiens. Being the team I always watched growing up (CBC out of Montreal was the only good TV reception I had early on... never did pick up much French, but I got fairly good at recognizing names. ), I like it when the Canadiens come to town, too.

Sounds like they've got some injury troubles, some flu troubles, and Pierre Dagenais, who's been playing well, is out due to suspension.

The Wild will most likely be without Walz again, according to the papers, although Walz is quoted as saying he's eager to get back, and thinks he may be ready. Zyuzin and Gaborik did not skate on Tuesday, and both are expected to be out. Zyuzin's missed six of the last seven. Last quote I read from Gaborik said he couldn't push off much at all. All three of those guys we could really use, I think. Brown and Bomber are not skating with the team yet, but they are skating.

I think I'm going to switch gears again and predict a win. The guys will pick up on the coaches' mood, go out and play tight, and score 2 goals to the Canadiens' 1.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:38 AM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Should be a good game. I think the guys will want to try to win this one for the coaching staff. I'll predict a win. 3-2 Wild.

Goals: Park, Daigle, Dowd

Old
01-29-2004, 09:29 PM
DW

I'm going out on a limb here and say a 1-1 tie. There is just no offense on this team right now to suggest anything other then a low scoring tie game.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
I'm going out on a limb here and say a 1-1 tie. There is just no offense on this team right now to suggest anything other then a low scoring tie game.
I guess you're wrong ... by the way, what's the ratio between the number of games that each goalie has played in ? ... not neceesraly overall but like who plays against the good teams

Old
01-30-2004, 07:08 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
I guess you're wrong ... by the way, what's the ratio between the number of games that each goalie has played in ? ... not neceesraly overall but like who plays against the good teams
It depends on which goalie has had more success against a particular team. For example- Roloson owns Vancouver, so he plays in every Vancouver game. Manny has done really well against the Avs, so he always plays against the Avs. And so on. Overall, Roloson plays in more games because he is better and more consistent than Manny.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:37 PM
ceber

Disappointing loss here. Wild play well enough, but didn't follow through. Let the Canadiens back into the game with careless play.

Thought we had 'em in OT though.. best chances I've seen all year. Nobody able to put it away, though. Kinda anticipated things would go sour when the puck went back to the other end of the ice.

Roloson was pissed at the end, I couldn't figure out why. Quote in the papers explains things:
Quote:
"I tried to get out, but there was a guy's stick in between my legs," Roloson said. "He pulled my leg one way and the guy shot it the other way."
Bummer.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:41 PM
DWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Disappointing loss here. Wild play well enough, but didn't follow through. Let the Canadiens back into the game with careless play.

Roloson was pissed at the end, I couldn't figure out why.
Ceber, your right, Roloson went right up the the ref looking for some justice. However, I watched the replay, perhaps it was just a bad camera angle, but I couldn't see a Canadien within four feet of Roloson as the puck entered the crease. Maybe it was one of his own players with a wandering stick

Regarding the giving up the lead, this is probably the biggest difference between this year's team and last year's team. Last year, a one-goal lead going into the third period was like putting money in the bank.

Old
01-30-2004, 03:40 PM
jcpenny

I saw it but it was way before the goal, Roloson did have the time to challenge the shot though...

Closed Thread