HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll #19

View Poll Results: #19
Corey Potter (D) 13 25.00%
Carl Hagelin (F) 6 11.54%
David Kveton (F) 16 30.77%
Max Campbell (F) 1 1.92%
Tomas Zaborsky (F) 14 26.92%
Antoine Lafleur (G) 1 1.92%
David Skokan (F) 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-13-2008, 05:59 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Please don't patronize me. Jonathan made the point that "He's a young kid". I simply pointed out that he's not that young.

You don't think he's AHL ready and that's fine. I just think that if he factored higher in the Rangers plans, they would have found him a place to play or at the very least invited him over for camp, since his future was up in the air at the time anyway. They thought enough of him to give him an ATO the year before, but I think after that, and after he kinda flaked out in the Q and then had a poor showing in the WJCs, his stock dropped. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm just not convinced he factors high in the Rangers plans. In fact, I'm not convinced they'll even offer him a contract. Meanwhile Potter's looking more and more like a bona fide NHLer ever game. That's the only point I was trying to make.
Yea, the Rangers got royally scrwed leaving that old fart Lundqvist rotting away with Frolunda. 20 is plenty young. Some players like Cherepanov are early developers, while others like Girardi take time to become successful. Never was I addressing Potter vs. Kveton. You're basically saying that Kveton's chances of making it are nothing when he is 20! This isn't football. Guys break out all of the time at 23,24,25 years old. Is he a high priority? No, which is why he is so low on the list, but do you think when the Rangers signed Girardi their thought process was, "This guy is going to become a #3 defenseman in the NHL"? Absolutely not. Same thing when they drafted Dawes in the 5th round. You think they knew what they were getting? Kveton is FAR from a write off.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
20 is not that young??? Jeez, I'm 29. Better get that grave plot I had my eye on.
If you read my original post, I was speaking in comparison to another prospect playing in Hartford, Anismov, who's actually younger than Kveton.

And I've got more than a few years on you, so please, spare me the sarcasm.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Zaborsky.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
If you read my original post, I was speaking in comparison to another prospect playing in Hartford, Anismov, who's actually younger than Kveton.

And I've got more than a few years on you, so please, spare me the sarcasm.
Wow, a whole 5 months different??? You're absolutely right: Kveton is a BUST

With all due respect squishy, you're not making very strong points. Age aside, if you make a foolish comment, be prepared to take some heat. All players develop at different rates and no matter how you slice it, he's only two years removed from his draft year. You don't know, nor does anyone on this board, why the Rangers decided against having Kveton play in the AHL this year.

Comparing Anisimov, who was a borderline 1st rounder who slipped due to the lack of a transfer agreement, and Kveton who was a smallish 3rd rounder who needs time to physically develop is weak at best. Nothing against Potter, but he's 24, why isn't he better than Dion Phaneuf, who is 22? See, how ridiculous that point is? C'mon squish, you're better than this.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Zaborsky already for the love of god!

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I like Zaborsky and Hillier a lot.

A ton of potential with those two. Especially Hillier.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i would like to lodge a formal complaint about the choice of picture for Jessiman. Why did you have to pick the one picture where we all remember Hugh gets his ass beat by a 2 foot midget.

anyway, i dont thnk any of the remaining prospects are any good, so i think my vote would be to not add anyone.

First picture that came up and I just had to use it.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote