HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Saturday Game on RDS Only.

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 12:20 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Saturday Game on RDS Only.

One more reason to hate the CBC I guess. Habs and Bruins, one of the greatest rivalries in the league, and they're showing World Cup Snowboarding instead. Not even SRC is broadcasting the game, a bit of a joke and some bad luck for those without RDS.

Disgusting work on behalf of the CBC, you know they would be showing the Leafs, even if they were playing at 10:00 am.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:21 PM
SHUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
One more reason to hate the CBC I guess. Habs and Bruins, one of the greatest rivalries in the league, and they're showing World Cup Snowboarding instead. Not even SRC is broadcasting the game, a bit of a joke and some bad luck for those without RDS.

Disgusting work on behalf of the CBC, you know they would be showing the Leafs, even if they were playing at 10:00 am.
Not even on SRC??? Man CBC isn't trying to do anything to regain any confidence of the Habs Fans.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:23 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:

im glad i have rds but wow i truely wonder whats the deal with the cbc id be mighty pissed if i couldnt see that game, cbc should be cald tbc they never reprisent anyother canadian teams.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:30 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
http://www.src.ca/hci2/TVF/horaires/040131i.shtml
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/

Old
01-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:

The game's at 2pm so maybe they didn't have time to change their schedule for saturday yet. Then again, it might be a reprisal on the part of CBC because the french talked against Cherry.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:12 PM
scosar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
The game's at 2pm so maybe they didn't have time to change their schedule for saturday yet. Then again, it might be a reprisal on the part of CBC because the french talked against Cherry.
Lucky for all of us with Direct tv. Although with the Bruins feed you get to hear a little bit biased commentary. Kinda like watching the CBC when the Leafs are on.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Darz

SRC isn't showing it???? That's pathetic. Glad my bro has RDS. I'll be watching it there anyways as we prepare everything for the big bash Sunday.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Joe Cole

This is too bad for Habs fans out of the RDS broadcast region, but.....

for those within the region....

even if HNIC or the SRC would have the game, it would be an inferior broadcast filled with old school graphics, "i have heard that before" commentary, and pre-historic formatting.

If you really prefer the games to be play by play'd in english, watch the RDS video feed and listen to CJAD.

Old
01-30-2004, 02:18 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
Lucky for all of us with Direct tv. Although with the Bruins feed you get to hear a little bit biased commentary. Kinda like watching the CBC when the Leafs are on.

Our road broadcasting team (Andy Brickley and Dave Shea) is MUCH better and un-biased than home (even Sens fan were very impressed by them).

Old
01-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
WTF? why wouldn't this be on SRC when they had that 2 pm saturday afternoon start against the ATL early January? I have RDS so this doesn't affect me but it's ridiculous for people outta town.

edit: and also the game in Pittsburgh the week after was on SRC.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 01-30-2004 at 02:57 PM.
Old
01-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
This Sucks

God this sucks, I took Saturday afternoon off to watch the game and now I can't.
Living in Alberta and being a Habs fan sucks, except for the Heritage Classic, greatest day ever!!

Unbiased Canadian

Old
01-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
God this sucks, I took Saturday afternoon off to watch the game and now I can't.
Living in Alberta and being a Habs fan sucks, except for the Heritage Classic, greatest day ever!!

Unbiased Canadian
Could ya find someone or somewhere with a dish and catch the game that way????

Ya should see if your local cable or dish company offers RDS. Here in Thunder Bay, they offer it with digital cable for a buck or two a month, so for 30 or so bucks you get every hab game.

Old
01-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Medicine Twin

Yeah, well I have to work...

Old
01-30-2004, 03:16 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Crap, I don't have digital cable yet (any week now according to the local cable company), so I really enjoy those SRC Saturday games. I go out with friends and watch other games at some of our fave local watering holes, but it is nice staying home and watching those afternoon games in the comfort of your own home. I know SRC has shown other afternoon games, so what the heck?

Guess I get to crank the radio broadcast up at noon in our house!!

Old
01-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Could ya find someone or somewhere with a dish and catch the game that way????

Ya should see if your local cable or dish company offers RDS. Here in Thunder Bay, they offer it with digital cable for a buck or two a month, so for 30 or so bucks you get every hab game.
Thanks Darz I will definetly look into that!!

Unbiased Canadian

Old
01-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
I effen hate CBC

Old
01-30-2004, 04:24 PM
mcphee

I'm guessing that the deal with RDS/SRC was for Saturday night HNIC only. I remember a few years ago before BellExpressVu came to my rural area, we would miss the Super Bowl weekend Saturday game.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Thanks Darz I will definetly look into that!!

Unbiased Canadian
I know that RDS is on Expressvu. I know a couple years back it was a buck or two a month, but I don't know now. Centre Ice is definately the way to go, though. Every Habs game in English as well as pretty much every other game in the NHL.

I hope BruinsGirl is right about the road commentators cause the home guys are hands down the most biased ones in the league. (And I've heard many, many different guys) It's actually comical listening to them. For those of you that think the CBC guys are TO biased, you haven't heard anything till you hear these guys.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole

If you really prefer the games to be play by play'd in english, watch the RDS video feed and listen to CJAD.

I've tried this, the radio audio is always lagging the TV by about a minute.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:17 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
I know that RDS is on Expressvu. I know a couple years back it was a buck or two a month, but I don't know now. Centre Ice is definately the way to go, though. Every Habs game in English as well as pretty much every other game in the NHL.

I hope BruinsGirl is right about the road commentators cause the home guys are hands down the most biased ones in the league. (And I've heard many, many different guys) It's actually comical listening to them. For those of you that think the CBC guys are TO biased, you haven't heard anything till you hear these guys.
It will probably be on NESN, which is full of ex-bruins players as comentators, so it has to be biast. i know i see most of the baseball games on NESN in the summer and they are biased as hell, i'm just lucky i'm a sox fan.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:28 PM
BruinsGirl

Andy Brickley and Dave Shea are not biased but...

On the other hand if you don't like what they say just turn off the sound. You still will be able to see an action, right?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
wtf , why ?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber

Thank God they retired that DINOSAUR Cusick ..him and sanderson in his alcohol dazed stupor were sickening .Some plug like Jonathan would bounce one in off Robinsons leg and Cusick made it sound like he deked the Montreal team 4 times before he rifled one in against Dryden.Lafleur would go with one of his end to end beauties shelf it upstairs where they keep the peanutbutter and Cusick would whisper "he scores" .....freakin HOMER !!!

Old
01-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
Thank God they retired that DINOSAUR Cusick ..him and sanderson in his alcohol dazed stupor were sickening .Some plug like Jonathan would bounce one in off Robinsons leg and Cusick made it sound like he deked the Montreal team 4 times before he rifled one in against Dryden.Lafleur would go with one of his end to end beauties shelf it upstairs where they keep the peanutbutter and Cusick would whisper "he scores" .....freakin HOMER !!!
You're so right. But I enjoyed it all the more because that whisper meant he was suffering.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
could somebody explain me y SRC is not showing the game?

dont they have a contract to show all 82 games?

Closed Thread