HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looks like Huet's value might have just gone up again...

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand how the Rags can keep giving all this cash and still be under the cap.
The same way every team is built right now, a lot of young players with low salarys.

Old
02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Old
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
peperebougon*

If Lundquist was here, we'd be saying he is not that good. People seem to overevaluate players they don't see often enough to really have a VALID opinion. Lundqvist is great, but he is not elite yet. How many of you have seen the guy play except the games against the habs??? If Lundqvist was here and we would be at the rangers spot, we would say Lundqvist is barely able to get us in the playoffs with Jagr-Drury-Gomez on the team and he doesn't deserve this type of money. Every goalie has bad periods. We just don't see it because we follow only 1 or 2 teams enough to actually see this happen. We barely know how other goalies play on a day to day basis. Stop complaining, we have great goaltenders on the team and in the system. What people want is a goalie that will end the year with 82 shutouts. AND SCORE A COUPLE. Huet is great for us despite his flaws. We are not going to get another Patrick Roy. NEVER. deal with it. And I hope Price BECOMES PATRICK because you whiners will do the same as with Huet. This is just the way it is. Remove Huet from this team at the beginning of the season and go with 2 rookies as some GENIUSES wanted us to do, and we are fighting for a top 5 pick. You need to realize this. We need Huet next season too. Get real!

there is only three elite goalie:brodeur, luongo and Kipper. some others are great and the rest is on par. Lundqvist is a some other... but close.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 02-13-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
If Lundquist was here, we'd be saying he is not that good. People seem to overevaluate players they don't see often enough to really have a VALID opinion. Lundqvist is great, but he is not elite yet. How many of you have seen the guy play except the games against the habs??? If Lundqvist was here and we would be at the rangers spot, we would say Lundqvist is barely able to get us in the playoffs with Jagr-Drury-Gomez on the team and he doesn't deserve this type of money. Every goalie has bad periods. We just don't see it because we follow only 1 or 2 teams enough to actually see this happen. We barely know how other goalies play on a day to day basis. Stop complaining, we have great goaltenders on the team and in the system. What people want is a goalie that will end the year with 82 shutouts. AND SCORE A COUPLE. Huet is great for us despite his flaws. We are not going to get another Patrick Roy. NEVER. deal with it. And I hope Price BECOMES PATRICK because you whiners will do the same as with Huet. This is just the way it is. Remove Huet from this team at the beginning of the season and go with 2 rookies as some GENIUSES wanted us to do, and we are fighting for a top 5 pick. You need to realize this. We need Huet next season too. Get real!

there is only three elite goalie:brodeur, luongo and Kipper. some others are great and the rest is on par. Lundqvist is a some other... but close.
I agree with everything you said, but dude, calm down, you'll die older.

Old
02-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
Lundqvist can backstop nearly all games in a season. Huet has yet to show he can be in goals for more than 45 games AND have a good season / be consistent.
Lundqvist has no confidence problems, he can come back from a loss. Huet can come back from a loss... but not always... Sometime a big loss will put him on a skid and will have his confidence shaken for 5-10 games.

etc.
Obviously he must have had some bad games along the way, Huet has a .918 save % and Lundquist has a .906. They have so much copnfidence in him that they started Valiquette is 2 key division games on the weekend...

Old
02-13-2008, 01:46 PM
mvp76

Well the article does say the figures aren't entirely accurate..guess it shouldn't be that far from the figures..but some have been way off

Old
02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
willalong

Price is the future....forget Huet............

Roy was 20 at one time....so forget the age thing...Price will be the #1 goaltender next year.

He is finding his way this year. I like Huet, but at 33 years old...he has to make room for Price.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
willalong

Quote:

Not necessarily two rookies if Halak can't hack it... and he can then bring in a veteran as a back up... simple eh! Why can't

Why can't you let Carey Price be what he is destined to be the next Patrick Roy.....and thanks by I am hardly a genius

Old
02-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
That really has no effect whatsoever on Huet. Lundqvist has proved a lot more and showed he can be an elite goaltender in this league, thus the salary.

Yeah I agree....this has nothing to do with Huet....and won't make any difference in contract negotiations.

Lundqvist is an elite goalie that can play 70+ games a year. He has put up good numbers since he arrived in the NHL and he has earned this contract.

I love Huet and think he is great, but he will never play 70 games in a season and he doesn't quite have the size or skill that Lundqvist has.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Yeah I agree....this has nothing to do with Huet....and won't make any difference in contract negotiations.

Lundqvist is an elite goalie that can play 70+ games a year. He has put up good numbers since he arrived in the NHL and he has earned this contract.

I love Huet and think he is great, but he will never play 70 games in a season and he doesn't quite have the size or skill that Lundqvist has.

Dude, is that Carey Price on your new avatar????

Old
02-13-2008, 02:05 PM
willalong

Quote:

Why will the habs need Huet next season? Why do you have so little faith in Carey Price....would you have said the same thing back when Patrick Roy was just a rookie....would you have stopped him and insisted he play as a back up or down on the farm.....be honest you had no say in the matter and that was good.

I do not dislike Huet.....but he will not want to play in the shadow of Carey Price. He deserves to be a starter somewhere elso...trust me on this......

Old
02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
I just dont see how Huet's value went up
Lundqvist is a better goalie.... and nearly 10 years younger

Old
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
huet would have to make the playoffs and win 2 series for me to want him re-signed

Old
02-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
Not necessarily two rookies if Halak can't hack it... and he can then bring in a veteran as a back up... simple eh! Why can't

Why can't you let Carey Price be what he is destined to be the next Patrick Roy.....and thanks by I am hardly a genius

It's not a question of if HE wants to let him....

Willie... come on. The whole issue is about Silent Bob being extremely conservative (and I agree with him) and not take too many chances. Your solution could burn Carey down. Gainey willl never leave the team in the hands of two unexperimented goalies.

Pepperbougon is right.

Most Hab fans should stop acting like the Habs are their own personal little toy and which most absolutely reflect how they want the team to be.

Price will get there but he isn't there yet and the past several months should've proven to you that we should be very careful with him and be extremely patient.

Patience is not a given for everyone, I agree, but you can learn to be more patient.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Montrealer

I could see Huet getting $5-$5.5m on the open market. Easily.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Willie... come on. The whole issue is about Silent Bob being extremely conservative (and I agree with him) and not take too many chances. Your solution could burn Carey down. Gainey willl never leave the team in the hands of two unexperimented goalies.

Pepperbougon is right.

Most Hab fans should stop acting like the Habs are their own personal little toy and which most absolutely reflect how they want the team to be.

Price will get there but he isn't there yet and the past several months should've proven to you that we should be very careful with him and be extremely patient.

Patience is not a given for everyone, I agree, but you can learn to be more patient.
Gainey insisted that Price start in the playoffs last year in Hamilton...he took a chance and it paid off.

Roy was only barely out of his teens when he took over as #1

Price is the next Roy....remember even Roy didn't start out being the Patrick Roy who had so much success.

What would propose to do with Mr. Price....keep him as a back up

You got to forget the rookie thing...he won't be a rookie next season

Halak is ready as well and knows he will be the back up.

Huet knows that he wants security.....and he deserves it. Gainey knows talent and Price will be given the opportunity to lose the job....he won't....time will tell

Old
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
HF-Addict

Can you hype the kid more willalong. I just can't get enough.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Pepperbougon is right.

I agree he is not quite there yet, but, one of these games he is going get on a roll and he will be hard to dislodge....mark my words.

And if that doesn't happen he will take charge next training camp and there will be no choice....and I say I can't wait....Price is the future....Huet is #1 for now...but not for long......great eh.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Can you hype the kid more willalong. I just can't get enough.
Its not hype.......he has done it all and now the last hurdle is the starter job......and a Stanley cup.....

This kid is for real.......he is learning the ropes in the NHL....he cannot be stopped.....if you are a fan of the Habs ....you would be over joyed....why would you not be over joyed.....this kid is the real deal

Old
02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Gainey insisted that Price start in the playoffs last year in Hamilton...he took a chance and it paid off.

Price is the next Roy....remember even Roy didn't start out being the Patrick Roy who had so much success.

You got to forget the rookie thing
...he won't be a rookie next season

Huet knows that he wants security.....and he deserves it. Gainey knows talent and Price will be given the opportunity to lose the job....he won't....time will tell
Will, calm down buddy.

First bolded part is not proven yet.

Second bolded part proves you aren't calm because I've never said anything about him being a rookie, I talked about him being inexperimented, which he'll still be next season. Nothing short of being a rock in the playoffs (for at least three rounds) will make Price #1 next year, other than that, you can forget it.

it's not because Gainey put Price in the playoffs in Ham last year that he will take the huge risk of putting him up has number one when he's not even 21 yet. hamilton = low risk, Montreal Canadiens = much revenues, millions at sake... won't take that risk.

Yet again, I have to repeat, hasn't Price's games in the NHL proven to you that he is not yet ready for full flight... not saying that he can't but the doubt must be big in Gainey's mind and the reason he won't give the number one spot UNLESS Carey takes Huet's place in the playoffs and goes on a tear.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I agree he is not quite there yet, but, one of these games he is going get on a roll and he will be hard to dislodge....mark my words.

And if that doesn't happen he will take charge next training camp and there will be no choice....and I say I can't wait....Price is the future....Huet is #1 for now...but not for long......great eh.
You wrote this while I was writing my last message....

BTW, you don't need to tell me he will be great, I know that, and don't need to tell me how the King was brought up, I was there. But this is not the same era, not the same hockey as yesterday. Just look at Ward who won the Conn Smythe and then absolutely reeked in the regular season, (ok, Kaberle was injured, but still) he didn,t make the difference for the Canes.

Old
02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:

Carey Price is not Patrick Roy, stop this nonsense. He is who he is... Carey Price. A team that wants to win don't enter the season with 2 rookies. You just can't do that or you'll finish dead last. You can't waste precious points in the standing no more by saying we'll patch the hole during the season. Let the kids progress at their own pace. Look at what being thrown to wolves did with Fleury. Why hurry things up??? Why take a chance??? we need 2 solid goalies. Wich we have. Let's enjoy. I am so glad gainey knows what he's doing! You can take for granted Huet will still be here at least for a year because he will sign a fair contract. He loves Montreal and the team. He'll be here until he becomes Carey Price's backup. Don't expect Halak to hang around for long. maybe having his chance in his mid 20's.

Old
02-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

One initial post and the short bus kids feel compelled to share their ignorance.

Old
02-13-2008, 03:41 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:

You got to forget the rookie thing...he won't be a rookie next season

can you elaborate the bolded part???? Patrick was patrick from the start. He did great things right from the beginning. Carey is a calm guy. Patrick was extremely nervous. Patrick made the goaltenders evolve in so many ways. Patrick started something. Carey is just being himself, an extremely big and gifted player. He has superstar upside. But let him be himself and stop pressuring the kid. If the organisation doesn't give Carey the no 1 spot, it is because HE IS NOT READY FOR IT!!!! Do you really think that you know your hockey better than those guys???? There are so much things you and me has fans have no clue about... Stop thinking you know better. You're just embarassing yourself.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 02-13-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old
02-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Price is the next Roy....
Yeah right...

Closed Thread