HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who to sell

View Poll Results: Who to sell
Federov 30 38.46%
Vyborny 15 19.23%
Foote 19 24.36%
Novotny 0 0%
Other 6 7.69%
Its not over yet!!!! 8 10.26%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Zherdev had a horrible season last year and everyone was so anxious to deal him. I'm not saying Vyborny will turn around to the extent that Zherdev did, but I think we could see quite possibly see him in his prior prose. Training camp is quite a ways away. It's quite plausable. Players have bad seasons. What we would get for him at this point, isn't worth what we could still get from him, IMO. You don't know what happened in the last off season with Vyborny and you can't predict what will happen this off-season. Maybe he slacked off last OF, and he'll get back to it this one. How you see a player to fit a role, and how they actually fit one are two very different things. Though this argument is pretty much a non-issue at this point since he's currently a trade target.
well, 1, z showed the skill still. he had other problems as to why he wasnt performing. and he was still performing better than vyborney is. 2, AGE! there is just no reason to bring him back. like i said, he has to play on one of the top 2 lines. and i cant see him playing on one of the top 2 lines for the team next year. he wont be good enough to beat others out for that spot.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
And why would you keep him? To bring us to the promise land of poop? We might as well get something out of this guy after wasting 2+ years on our team.
na for the fact, that he's practically our only secondary scoring...All the young guys score when he centers em...Just an observation.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Too bad the NHL doesn't work like Scrabble... ya know, when you have a rack full of ****tastic letters, you dump em back into the bag, and hopefully pull better ones back out...

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
funflyers33

Vybes is not a 3rd or 4th line guy, and if this team cannot do any better than upgrade his spot in the top 6 for next year then as coach said tonight, we won't many hockey games.

funflyers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyers33 View Post
Vybes is not a 3rd or 4th line guy, and if this team cannot do any better than upgrade his spot in the top 6 for next year then as coach said tonight, we won't many hockey games.
thats my point. thanks.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:34 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Toews Me Bro View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Columbus should try to keep Peca around?
Probably not. I go back and forth on Peca.
I question his commitment during certain games and stretches, but then he makes a great pass and wins a faceoff. I just wish he was physically stronger. He plays a little light in his skates out there. For me, it would come down to PRICE.

Novotny plays a lot like him... up and down. Novotny is easily man-handled and can't catch a pass in the open ice to save his life. He started strong, but seems to have faded, like the team.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:35 PM
CBJwheel

We should just start over from day one. Become a women's hockey team. Be called the "Red Shorts". Try to do EVERYTHING opposite that has happened in these horrible 8 years. [/sarcasm]

I think we should keep some certain players (Nash, Peca, Z, Klesla, Leclaire, etc, etc.) but just about anyone else could go.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan827 View Post
No, I don't see any reason to deal Peca. I really think we need to keep and resign him. If he won't resign, then deal him for something.
Are you kidding me? Why? What has Peca done this year besides stay healthy? The answer is next to nothing. He is a polished defensive forward but he is invisible on the ice on offense unless he is taking a face off. He would be great on a team looking for a solid 4th line penalty killer but that ain't what he was payed to be here. He was supposed to score sometimes. He can take his 5 o'clock shadow, and the shadow of his game else where next year.

Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
funflyers33

I will even go out on more of a limb, Given his quirky demeanor, Z may be at the height of his value. I would certainly listen, but not give him away. But for the right deal, cya Nik.

Old
02-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
We could make out like bandits if we play our cards right.

Feds - 1st round pick + prospect
Foote - 1st round pick + prospect + roster player
Peca - 2nd round pick
Hainsey - 1st/2nd round pick + prospect
Vyborny - 2nd round pick or roster player
Wow, I think you're expecting a bit too much. With the draft as deep as it is this year I doubt we see 1st round picks thrown around as easily as they were last deadline.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:42 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Wow, I think you're expecting a bit too much. With the draft as deep as it is this year I doubt we see 1st round picks thrown around as easily as they were last deadline.
We shall see.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
I will even go out on more of a limb, Given his quirky demeanor, Z may be at the height of his value. I would certainly listen, but not give him away. But for the right deal, cya Nik.
Let me be the first to say, TRADING NIK IS A HORRIBLE IDEA.
Please... let's not post a thread about this. I'm still in recovery from the Trade Nash thread.

This team doesn't need rebuilt, it merely needs tweaked.

Old
02-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Probably not. I go back and forth on Peca.
I question his commitment during certain games and stretches, but then he makes a great pass and wins a faceoff. I just wish he was physically stronger. He plays a little light in his skates out there. For me, it would come down to PRICE.

Novotny plays a lot like him... up and down. Novotny is easily man-handled and can't catch a pass in the open ice to save his life. He started strong, but seems to have faded, like the team.
What, like Fedorov? Another guy with commitment issues. Just like Peca, light on his skates, shies away from contact, a complete wuss looking to cash in a pay check. They are done paying the price it takes to score tough goals in the NHL. They are just coasting along on a team that can't win anyway........ So whats the use? <<<< That is just what they are thinking folks, don't be fooled. You can throw in Adam Foote there as well, I have watched him get beat double the times he did a year ago already. Takes more stupid penalties than anybody on the team. Time to cut the bait.

Old
02-13-2008, 11:57 PM
funflyers33

No thread, I have no need to grandstand for the sake of just stirring controversy, but if the idea is to improve, then simply trying to move the retreads is not going to bring back nearly as much as some here seem to think.

Old
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Guys I want to trade (for anything): Fedorov, Peca, Vyborny, Malhotra, Foote

Guys I wouldn't care if they were traded/moved: Murray, Novotny

Guys I want to keep: Nash, Zherdev, Chimera, Modin, Boll, Brule, Brassard, Fritsche, Lindstrom, Klesla, Hainsey, Hejda, Tarnstrom, Russell, Tollefsen, Leclaire, Norrena

-----

Bolded are the guys I think could be moved.

If so, I don't think it's out of the question to expect a first rounder in return for Foote. Based on some comments from Wings fans etc. I doubt we'll get a first for Feds, but maybe a 2nd at best or a prospect. I'm OK with that.

Peca could get us as high as a second but more likely a 3rd. Likewise with Vybes. Hainsey is hard to gauge, but he might be able to fetch us something substantial. Based on potential alone, Brule might be able to give us decent return. Parma and Ole would be part of packages IMO.

I want this to be our last year as sellers. Purge salary in preparation for free agency, and stock the cupboard with prospects (i'd prefer defensemen) and picks.
Good post except I keep Foote and possibly Fedorov and move Klesla and Hainsey up to the trade/sell list.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
What, like Fedorov? Another guy with commitment issues. Just like Peca, light on his skates, shies away from contact, a complete wuss looking to cash in a pay check. They are done paying the price it takes to score tough goals in the NHL. They are just coasting along on a team that can't win anyway........ So whats the use? <<<< That is just what they are thinking folks, don't be fooled. You can throw in Adam Foote there as well, I have watched him get beat double the times he did a year ago already. Takes more stupid penalties than anybody on the team. Time to cut the bait.
I tend to give the old players the benefit of a doubt. You rarely see a 37 year old hockey player crashing the boards and for good reason. Having said that, Footer doesn't have to smash anybody, the Refs let him physically abuse anyone he wants. His forearm is licensed to kill in 12 states and 4 provinces. The stuff he gets away with amazes and delights me.

Old
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
The only one I would keep is Novotny. I'd sign him at a discount, 2 year max.

Everyone else (on this list) needs to go to move forward.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjwheel View Post
We should just start over from day one. Become a women's hockey team. Be called the "Red Shorts". Try to do EVERYTHING opposite that has happened in these horrible 8 years. [/sarcasm]

I think we should keep some certain players (Nash, Peca, Z, Klesla, Leclaire, etc, etc.) but just about anyone else could go.
How does Klesla always get thrown in with our top players??? just because he was a high draft pick?? He is our biggest liability on defense, every night he is caught too high in the crease chasing and there are people behind him and they score or he chases someone behind the net and gets caught out of position. I'm done with him and Hainsey, they are brutal in our own end. Just because Klesla is good on Playstation doesn't mean he's good in real life people...

Old
02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Muleskinner

Quote:
No thread, I have no need to grandstand for the sake of just stirring controversy, but if the idea is to improve, then simply trying to move the retreads is not going to bring back nearly as much as some here seem to think.
Then let's just get rid of the retreads that go through the motions every week to keep there pay check coming in. I'll let you figure out who they are.

Look at the Pred's no big name FA's floating around making big bucks, just a group playing their ***** off for each other. We can't beat them.

Old
02-14-2008, 12:19 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Zherdev had a horrible season last year and everyone was so anxious to deal him. I'm not saying Vyborny will turn around to the extent that Zherdev did, but I think we could see quite possibly see him in his prior prose. Training camp is quite a ways away. It's quite plausable. Players have bad seasons. What we would get for him at this point, isn't worth what we could still get from him, IMO. You don't know what happened in the last off season with Vyborny and you can't predict what will happen this off-season. Maybe he slacked off last OF, and he'll get back to it this one. How you see a player to fit a role, and how they actually fit one are two very different things. Though this argument is pretty much a non-issue at this point since he's currently a trade target.
No way can you possibly compare Z and Vyborny ever in his career. Vyborny is over and he is not the kind of player you want on your team if you are ever going to make a run in the playoffs, you need tougher players to get through the grind of the playoffs. Just ask the Red Wings who had a host of Vyborny type players the last few years and get their teeth knocked in in the playoffs by grinding 8 seeds. He needs to go and I will lose faith in Howson if he brings him back. I appreciate his past efforts but he's finished in my book and I've turned the page long ago. I can't friggin' believe he's still in the lineup night in and night out.

Old
02-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I tend to give the old players the benefit of a doubt. You rarely see a 37 year old hockey player crashing the boards and for good reason. Having said that, Footer doesn't have to smash anybody, the Refs let him physically abuse anyone he wants. His forearm is licensed to kill in 12 states and 4 provinces. The stuff he gets away with amazes and delights me.
What are you talking about? I don't give anyone, and I mean ANYONE the benefit of a doubt when they are raking in the kind of money they are making from playing a game. I am 39 years old and I pay the price at my job every damn day. Let's just say this about Footer, he has taken THE most bad penalties than anyone on the team this season. If you think the Ref's are letting him get away with anything you must be smoking some good stuff.

Old
02-14-2008, 12:47 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

So is "Club Bluejacket" now re-opened?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 12:57 AM
noodleboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Are you kidding me? Why? What has Peca done this year besides stay healthy? The answer is next to nothing. He is a polished defensive forward but he is invisible on the ice on offense unless he is taking a face off.
He can play 20 minutes of defensive hockey a night and he's still good for 35-40 points per year. He's only making 1.315 mil. That's great value as long as he can play 65+ games, which it looks like he will.

noodleboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 01:06 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Toews Me Bro View Post
He can play 20 minutes of defensive hockey a night and he's still good for 35-40 points per year. He's only making 1.315 mil. That's great value as long as he can play 65+ games, which it looks like he will.
He's a 3rd or 4th line center being asked to play on the 1st and 2nd lines and contribute offensively when that's not in him anymore. I'm not ready to get rid of him at that price but he needs to be down on the checking lines. I think it's time to just throw Brassard to the Wolves and let him play on the top 2 lines and get some experience, he made some very nice passes tonight to hands of stone Fritsche, who might as well play with his stick upside down.

Old
02-14-2008, 06:32 AM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Where's the "all of the above" option???
that's my vote
Precisely. I didn't vote because of the lack of this option.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote