HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Who to sell

View Poll Results: Who to sell
Federov 30 38.46%
Vyborny 15 19.23%
Foote 19 24.36%
Novotny 0 0%
Other 6 7.69%
Its not over yet!!!! 8 10.26%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
  #126
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
We were just talking on the Canes board, what would you guys think of Kaberle + Hamilton for Peca? or Kaberle + Tanabe.

Seems like you guys could use a dman who is primarily offensive.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
  #127
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
We were just talking on the Canes board, what would you guys think of Kaberle + Hamilton for Peca? or Kaberle + Tanabe.

Seems like you guys could use a dman who is primarily offensive.
Kaberle is kind of expensive for all the more he produces, granted he's probably better in transition than most of our d-men. I do like Hamilton though. Tanabe doesn't do anything for me.

Personally, I'd consider Hamilton+pick for Peca. I'm sure others think that's heresy.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 03:41 PM
  #128
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500
There's one catch with Hamilton though. The CBJ could've picked him up for free a few weeks back and didn't. Why would they change their mind now?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 03:43 PM
  #129
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Kaberle is kind of expensive for all the more he produces, granted he's probably better in transition than most of our d-men. I do like Hamilton though. Tanabe doesn't do anything for me.

Personally, I'd consider Hamilton+pick for Peca. I'm sure others think that's heresy.
I agree with what you were saying about Kaberle, however I think he's the type of guy who could really benefit from a change in scenery. In our cup year the guy put up over 40 points, then in 06-07 had a big injury and hasn't seem to fit back into our system since.

I think when he leaves the Canes he's gonna be a steal for some team.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
  #130
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
There's one catch with Hamilton though. The CBJ could've picked him up for free a few weeks back and didn't. Why would they change their mind now?
The draft pick?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
  #131
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
The draft pick?
Maybe. I'd try to play up the "we're taking this guy off your hands" angle and try to squeeze a better pick/player/prospect out of the deal too.

Just seems a little silly for Columbus to trade for a guy who they could've had for nothing two or three weeks ago.

And I like Hamilton. He's a relatively low cost tool to have in the bag.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.