HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT: Oilers vs Blackhawks 01/29

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Oil_in_my_veins

vCash: 500
GDT: Oilers vs Blackhawks 01/29

First game of a 5 game homestand. Will it be MacT's last stand?

Let's hope Rita and Bishai can breath some new life into this team.

It's time for the fans at Rexall to be loud, and remind this team what the playoffs will sound like. it might inspire them.

Prediction: Oilers 4 - Hawks 1

Goals by Smyth, Isbister, Rita, Staios

Old
01-29-2004, 02:57 PM
capta

Send a message via ICQ to capta
Boy, they better win tonight or heads are gonna roll. If they lose tonight, I expect K-lo will make some major changes. Whether thats axeing MacT or making some major Trades, somethings gotta give. My prediction.... 4-2 Hawks.....

Old
01-29-2004, 02:59 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta
Boy, they better win tonight or heads are gonna roll. If they lose tonight, I expect K-lo will make some major changes. Whether thats axeing MacT or making some major Trades, somethings gotta give. My prediction.... 4-2 Hawks.....
We've been expecting Major changes for about 2 months now. Nothing's gonna change anytime soon (including the Oiler's play)

Old
01-29-2004, 03:30 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Any word on lineups.Will Rita and Bishai play? I'm guessing Rita plays and Bishai sits. What about Chimera. If the new guys get in and he doesn't what does that say? On the Flyers PPV Chimera said that if you make a mistake you sit, maybe saying it was also a mistake?

Old
01-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

5-0 Oilers

Dvorak, Isbister, Smyth (2), and Staios

Last edited by Vomiting Kermit*: 01-30-2004 at 12:47 AM.
Old
01-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Obsessed

7-1 Oilers

Rita gets a star.

Is Smyth at center again?

Old
01-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Yanner39

Mr. Negative here. The Oilers are notorious streak busters. I think I heard the Hawks have lossed 18 straight road. Maybe the Oilers are what they need. Not predicting a score, but I don't know about this game. I do like Obsessed's 7-1 score. It seems like forever since the last time the Oilers blew out a team.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:44 PM
creative giant*

5-3 hawks. Rita with the hat trick and fight.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Mr. Negative here. The Oilers are notorious streak busters. I think I heard the Hawks have lossed 18 straight road. Maybe the Oilers are what they need. Not predicting a score, but I don't know about this game. I do like Obsessed's 7-1 score. It seems like forever since the last time the Oilers blew out a team.
Interestingly the last time the Oilers won 7-1 was against the Hawks in 2001 I think. It was the game when Smyth busted his leg. I also remember how early he came back for that game vs. the Rangers.

4-2 Hawks.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:44 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

aww what the heck, 4-1 Oilers goals by Hemsky, Dvorak, Rita, Oates (one of these days Oates has to score, and when he does, I'm gonna come back and say "I knew it!!")

Old
01-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Digger12

The Oilers SHOULD win this. This is as big a gimme game as they will get all year long. If they can't beat sad sack Chicago on home ice with their season in the balance...well, to borrow a bit from 'Reign of Fire':

The '04 Oilers franchise isn't burning...it's burnt.

They win the game.

Rita gets 10 to 12 minutes of icetime, a little over a minute of that on the PP. Bishai gets more icetime than Rita. Torres and Hemsky both score.

Old
01-29-2004, 06:21 PM
zamboni

I predict an Oiler win. Rita pops in 4 goals, sets up Bishai twice, gets the first star, and is sent down to Toronto the next morning, because MacT wants him to become a Jere Lehtenin type player.

Old
01-29-2004, 06:30 PM
oilersrock

oil 5 chi 2---------oil win 5 in a row.........

Old
01-29-2004, 07:28 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
I predict an Oiler win. Rita pops in 4 goals, sets up Bishai twice, gets the first star, and is sent down to Toronto the next morning, because MacT wants him to become a Jere Lehtenin type player.
I remember when MacT made that comment. That pretty much showed what kind of a "hockey genius" he is. Youd like Rita to be like a Jere Lehtinen-type player? Really? Well, I think Hemsky has the tools to be a Milan Hejduk-type player.
He isnt there yet? Hell...send him to the minors untill he becomes Milan Hejduk.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Oiltown16

As mentioned earlier, the Oilers love snapping streaks, mostly bad ones from other teams and players. How many times have I heard this season a player score on the Oilers and the announcer say "Thats his first goal in a million games"...anyways hopefully the Oil can pull out a victory, cause if they don't the playoffs are gone...

Oilers: 3 (Pisani with the trick)
Hawks: 2

Old
01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Oilers Hockey

I think Moreau will score one. He always seems to score against his former team.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:05 PM
KlingonHockey

3-2

Cross, Smyth, Torres

Rita and Bishai on for the Hawk's first goal and immediately benched for the rest of the game.

(Go optimism)

Old
01-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Rita gets a pair of PP goals in the first 4 minutes and tallies 14 shots alone in the first period, but then Zhamnov scores in the 2nd when Rita misses his assignment, and Rita gets sent to TRR at the 2nd intermission.

After the game that we lose 3-2, MacT sais that Jani Rita will be a great player in this league one day, but he still has to realize that there is a defensive zone and he's got to work on his defensive responsibility. The next afternoon, he's traded to Detroit where he goes on to score 18 goals for them and finds a regular spot on the 2nd line.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Anyone know what the lines look like yet?

Smyth-Horcoff-Pisani
Isbister-Oates-Dvorak
Moreau-Bishai-Hemsky
Torres-Stoll-Laraque

Pisani looked great with Smyth, Laraque's been good lately, does Rita play? or does MacT move Smyth to centre?

Old
01-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Hemmer

3-0 Oilers.

Rita scores the first goal, 10 seconds in, on his first shot. He then proceeds to score the second goal 4 seconds later, drilling a slapshot top-corner from center ice. Rita then skates to the bench and heads down the tunnel to the dressing room. A few minutes later, he reappears in a suit. Moving behind the bench, he elbows Billy Moores and cross-checks Simpson in the back, incapacitating them both. Joey Moss comes out to see what all the commotion is about, and is handed Moore's headset. This drives the Oiler players on the bench into an absolute frenzy. Even Georges Laraque finishes a check. A stunned MacT is hauled out behind the Zamboni and blackjacked. Rita stuffs the still-unconcious body into the trunk of a limo and gives the driver directions to the airport and cash for a ticket. MacT is thrown on the next plane to Toronto to work on his defensive game. The emotionally charged Oilers succeed in drawing numerous retailitory penalties from Chicago. Rita calls a timeout, where he explains to the bewildered Oil that "there is no Powerplay" - the Oilers win the draw and score on the one-timer. Oilers go 9-9 on the Powerplay over the course of the game. Rita comes out for the third dressed in full goalie equipment, replacing Conklin on the bench. At the next stoppage, Salo is pulled in favor of Rita. Rita stops a barrage of 29 shots, and scores the hat-trick goal into the empty net after brilliantly controlling a rebound and shooting the puck deep from his crease.

Rita is named the game's 1st, 2nd 3rd star. He wins the 50/50, and a Safeway trip to Mexico. They want to give him the million dollars, but he says he is an overpaid athlete already, and doesn't need the money. Instead, Safeway builds three new water treatment plants in war-torn Sarejevo with Rita's blessing.

A furious MacT arrives on the plane from Toronto the next day. Storming up to Rita, he demands an explanation. Rita simply states, "You need to be more like Jere Lehtinen, MacT. Just feel the Jere. Work it. OWN IT!. See you in training camp"

Old
01-29-2004, 10:51 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
3-0 Oilers.

Rita scores the first goal, 10 seconds in, on his first shot. He then proceeds to score the second goal 4 seconds later, drilling a slapshot top-corner from center ice. Rita then skates to the bench and heads down the tunnel to the dressing room. A few minutes later, he reappears in a suit. Moving behind the bench, he elbows Billy Moores and cross-checks Simpson in the back, incapacitating them both. Joey Moss comes out to see what all the commotion is about, and is handed Moore's headset. This drives the Oiler players on the bench into an absolute frenzy. Even Georges Laraque finishes a check. A stunned MacT is hauled out behind the Zamboni and blackjacked. Rita stuffs the still-unconcious body into the trunk of a limo and gives the driver directions to the airport and cash for a ticket. MacT is thrown on the next plane to Toronto to work on his defensive game. The emotionally charged Oilers succeed in drawing numerous retailitory penalties from Chicago. Rita calls a timeout, where he explains to the bewildered Oil that "there is no Powerplay" - the Oilers win the draw and score on the one-timer. Oilers go 9-9 on the Powerplay over the course of the game. Rita comes out for the third dressed in full goalie equipment, replacing Conklin on the bench. At the next stoppage, Salo is pulled in favor of Rita. Rita stops a barrage of 29 shots, and scores the hat-trick goal into the empty net after brilliantly controlling a rebound and shooting the puck deep from his crease.

Rita is named the game's 1st, 2nd 3rd star. He wins the 50/50, and a Safeway trip to Mexico. They want to give him the million dollars, but he says he is an overpaid athlete already, and doesn't need the money. Instead, Safeway builds three new water treatment plants in war-torn Sarejevo with Rita's blessing.

A furious MacT arrives on the plane from Toronto the next day. Storming up to Rita, he demands an explanation. Rita simply states, "You need to be more like Jere Lehtinen, MacT. Just feel the Jere. Work it. OWN IT!. See you in training camp"
Classic!!!!!!!! better check if my pants are still dry

Old
01-29-2004, 11:04 PM
goldenchild

I've beeen waiting for Rita to be called up as much as anyone but I don't even believe Mactavish will dress him tonight, I hope i'm wrong but Mactavish seems to have a hate on for this guy and I think Chimera and Laraque will both probably play I doubt he's gonna bench his personal favs like Piss-ani and *****-coff.

I'll say 3-1 Hawks

Old
01-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
3-0 Oilers.

proably HF's funniest post not written by me. :p , jk, even I cant make that up.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:20 PM
OilerMania83

Quote:
3-0 Oilers.

That was awesome!! ahahahah!!

"Just feel the Jere...."

Old
01-29-2004, 11:26 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
3-0 Oilers.

This is great. I wish it would happen!

I can see Rita scoring 10 seconds in and then MacT benching him for the rest of the game.

Closed Thread