HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team990 -chip in a trade is posible

Old
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Vlad The Impaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Guys with Chip's potential are hard to find and essential for any championship team; Anaheim with Phalsson illustrated that pretty damn well.
Pahlsson illustrates the opposite. He's a former 7th round draftee and he ended up in Anaheim in exchange for Patrick Traverse and Andrei Nazarov.

What he illustrates is that contrary to popular HF belief, there's more to building a championship team than a fascination for the draft and hyped 1st rounder.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Lecavalier gets alot of icetime too...You don't think he'd be able to produce over here as much as he does in Tampa?
Actually,a few weeks ago the paenl on TSN (McKenzie, et al..) was indicating that cutting Lecavaliers ice time (as well as Richards) by a few minutes (2) would increase their productivity.

I agree.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

What would be our most valuable young players(exluding guys with more than 1 full NHL year...Komi Higgins Plek)?

1-Price...untoucheable
2-A.Kostitsyn...would have to be a huge return, he is on pace for 25 goals and has 35-40 goal upside
3-McDonagh...all around d-man
4-Pacioretty...big skilled winger
5-Latendresse...power winger with 30 goal potential
6-S.Kostitsyn
7-Chipchura
8-O'byrne
9-Subban
10-Valentenko
11-Fischer
12-Halak

#7 to 12 all have solid potential and pretty similar values

**Yemelin is hard to get a read on because of his contract...on skill alone he would be 4th to 6th

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Actually,a few weeks ago the paenl on TSN (McKenzie, et al..) was indicating that cutting Lecavaliers ice time (as well as Richards) by a few minutes (2) would increase their productivity.

I agree.
Productivity doesn't necessarily equal offensive production. I find Lecavalier was cheating bad on offense on Tuesday(and most TB games), good teams exploit that.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'd sooner trade Carle, Weber, Subban or Fischer than O'Byrne. Those are guys that I'd be willing to deal. Ryder, a 1st rounder... sure. But I don't want to touch the future core of this team.

I don't want to lose O'Byrne because tough 6'5 defenseman who can skate aren't easy to find. He's going to be amazing. Defense wins cups and Chips, O'Byrne and Komisarek would be tough to beat.

And to answer your question, although I'd be tempted to do the deal and finally get a scorer, no I don't. I think your giving up too much and I'd be surprised if Gainey gave up that much either. I could see him giving up either O'Byrne or Chipchura and a 1st though.
Guys like Chipchura and O'Byrne are easy to replace, while a guy like Hossa is very difficult to get... A 3rd liner + 4-5th D for a superstar in a prime time, and you say no?

Don't talk to Bob about this...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Pahlsson illustrates the opposite. He's a former 7th round draftee and he ended up in Anaheim in exchange for Patrick Traverse and Andrei Nazarov.

What he illustrates is that contrary to popular HF belief, there's more to building a championship team than a fascination for the draft and hyped 1st rounder.
Pahlsson was glorified to death because of last year's playoffs...Chipchura has a chance to be a much better all around player, Pahlsson has 45 goals in 471 NHL games, that's about 6-7 a year. Chip should do all Pahlsson does defensively, plus be a bigger presence along the boards and contribute 35-50 points a year.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:20 AM
HotPie

Quote:

The round he was drafted and how he was acquired is completely irrelevant. I was only comparing the styles of both players and what they both (in Chipchura's case "potentially") represent towards heir respective teams. Whether you think Chipchura is all hype or not, that's up to you. From what I saw in WJC, the playoffs in Hamilton and earlier this season, this kid has a lot of potential, more so than Pahlsson.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Guys like Chipchura and O'Byrne are easy to replace, while a guy like Hossa is very difficult to get... A 3rd liner + 4-5th D for a superstar in a prime time, and you say no?

Don't talk to Bob about this...
If it was O'byrne and Chip for Hossa, it's a no brainer...I just wouldn't throw guys like that into a Hossa trade if you have to give up Higgins(younger, cheaper and not a UFA) in the trade.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I have just one question. Why would this happen when there are other players that are currently playing now on the Habs with less skill? If so who on the current farm team has a chance of making this club. i AM A FAN of Chip and I am begining to think that it would be more beneficial for him to be trader to another team. The way it is now he probably won't see another game this year with the HAbs even though he should be there rplacing Laps who I can't justify what he is doing that is so much better than what we seen Chip can do and better. Those are my thoughts. Any one else out there who can explain to me why he would be traded.
Oh please. You probably know better than seasoned professional such as Gainey and Carbs. The team is already jam-packed with kiddos and CHIPCHURA IS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD. Repeat after me : T-W-E-N-T-Y Y-E-A-R-S O-L-D

T-W-E-N-T-Y Y-E-A-R-S O-L-D

If the Habs believe it is better for him to be in Ham, than just let it be. The way you are talking, we would be led to believe that he's 23 and haven't got a chance with the big club yet.

Take some Yogga classes, for Pete's sake.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Maxpac

Quote:

ya ok, but Chipchura with hamilton last year and with team Canada 2 years ago that he's going to be a leader and an excellent 2-way shutdown center, he displays way too much intelligence on the ice to not succeed, his knock right now is that he has to get faster. Right ow imo he's still on the right track

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Oh please. You probably know better than seasoned professional such as Gainey and Carbs. The team is already jam-packed with kiddos and CHIPCHURA IS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD. Repeat after me : T-W-E-N-T-Y Y-E-A-R-S O-L-D

If the Habs believe it is better for him to be in Ham, than just let it be. The way you are talking, we would be led to believe that he's 23 and haven't got a chance with the big club yet.

Take some Yogga classes, for Pete's sake.
in fact, he's 22 in 5 days

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Guys like Hossa aren't as difficult to get as you think. He's an elite scorer but not a franchise talent. Those players are available if you're willing to pay the price. He's not in the Thornton, Lecavlalier, Ovechkin or Malkin type class. And at 30 years old, he's not over the hill but he may have already played his best season. Moreover, I think he'll want a six or seven year deal, not four.

If I thought we were a Hossa away from the cup, yes I'd do the deal. I don't think we're that close right now though and I'd prefer if we waited a little bit longer before making a trade like this.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Guys like Hossa aren't as difficult to get as you think. He's an elite scorer but not a franchise talent. Those players are available if you're willing to pay the price. He's not in the Thornton, Lecavlalier, Ovechkin or Malkin type class. And at 30 years old, he's not over the hill but he may have already played his best season. Moreover, I think he'll want a six or seven year deal, not four.

If I thought we were a Hossa away from the cup, yes I'd do the deal. I don't think we're that close right now though and I'd prefer if we waited a little bit longer before making a trade like this.
I like Hossa more than you, I suppose... 194 goals in last 5 seasons, 354 pts in last 4 seasons.

Last edited by Le depisteur: 02-14-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:30 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
Chip isn't going anywhere. He is the kind of player that championship teams are built around and Gainey loves the kid.
BG is it you?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
BG is it you?
Jason Allison

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
The round he was drafted and how he was acquired is completely irrelevant.
You said guys like that were hard to find

For the record, like you, I appreciate Chipchura's potential. I just think people tend to overestimate the draft and first rounders sometimes.

Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
in fact, he's 22 in 5 days
My bad, but still.... Pleks and Higgy both started with the Habs at 21/22....

He started the season with the Habs with only one season of experience with the Dogs... Pleks had 3 full seasons with Ham, Higgy had two full seasons before he got a true chance.... The poster is way overboard especially since the Habs have one the top 3 youngest teams in the league. And also, he seems to know better than real Pros...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

If you can get him now and sign him, then you don't have to make this trade next year or the following year.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Jason Allison
U still bashing carbo

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:39 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I have just one question. Why would this happen when there are other players that are currently playing now on the Habs with less skill? If so who on the current farm team has a chance of making this club. i AM A FAN of Chip and I am begining to think that it would be more beneficial for him to be trader to another team. The way it is now he probably won't see another game this year with the HAbs even though he should be there rplacing Laps who I can't justify what he is doing that is so much better than what we seen Chip can do and better. Those are my thoughts. Any one else out there who can explain to me why he would be traded.
well just to start, team 990 is full of #@$%! they have to talk about hockey everyday, and when they have nothing to say, they talk about the most credible rumours...

Chip is good, I like him, but Lapierre has proven that he can play well in the defensive end, and that he is way faster than Chip. That being said, does chip have a better vison, greater skills? ya sure, but as a 3rd or 4th line center, he has to improve defensively and also play a simple game...

I see him as a potential good 2nd line center, right now, i'd play him way before Koivu.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I like Hossa more than you, I suppose... 194 goals in last 5 seasons, 354 pts in last 4 seasons.
He is amazing. I'd love to have him and if Bob does trade Chipchura and a 1st for Hossa, I won't cry about it. There's no doubt he'd help tremendously on our team and would make us much better in the short term.

I'd feel a little worse if we lose O'Byrne though. I think he and Komisarek could be amazing back there for us.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Pascal

Team 990 - Hockey players use skates to play. More details to follow.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If you can get him now and sign him, then you don't have to make this trade next year or the following year.
If we do nothing at the deadline this year we'll be better next year anyway and even better the year after that. There's no rush and I'd prefer to wait until we're legitmate contenders to do it. I don't think we are right now.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
If we do nothing at the deadline this year we'll be better next year anyway and even better the year after that.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. It's a possibility but not a certainty.

Old
02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
tigidou

wow, you guys are pretty high on Chip...
I'm in Hong Kong, so I don't get to see the games.. BUt I would trade Chip for pretty much anything..
I don't think we have a future with this guy...

His leadership is very very good, captain and all.. And yet if he was captain everyone would say we got the worst captain in the league.. he would play what, 10min a game ? 3rd line ? Always dumping the puck. go Chip go!

Lecavalier, Crosby, Alfy... and Chip. Yeah!

We got enough of these players (beside his character, I give you that.. But I'd much rather have a 1st liner scorer).

tigidou is offline   Reply With Quote