HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Why The Pathetic Lindros Bashing?

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Why The Pathetic Lindros Bashing?

I'm absolutely amazed how many people on the HF boards are bashing Lindros and i don't get it. The "He Got What He Deserved" garbage and "Will He Ever Learn To Keep His Head Up" are in such poor taste. Whether you like the guy,his family or not is irrelavent but the fact that some of you are saying he got what he desreved is obsurd.

The guy has played great,for the most part,this season and give him credit for doing all he can to play the game he obviously loves. Funny,most of you bashed him when he played along the outside and now he tys to play his "power" forward style that made him a great offensive weapon and he gets bashed somemore.

As far as him keeping his head up if you watch the play he was and just put his head down for half a sec because the puck got away from him and he got nailed. It's no different then any other player who'd lose control of the puck for a sec and than looks down. In the past Lindros would skating around with his head down alot but this play was not one of them. If he just lets the puck go then everyone starts with "he's no longer a force"crap. So,you can't have it both ways and hammer at him no matter what.

Regardless,most of you guys should get off the guys back and actually pat the Big E on the back for trying to become the force he once was instead of just floating around and collecting his paycheque. Here's hoping he's OK and can come back soon.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:25 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
I'm absolutely amazed how many people on the HF boards are bashing Lindros and i don't get it.
How hard is it to understand?

A) He's on the Rangers. Instant hatred from like 75% of the league.
B) The whole Quebec thing put him on many people's s-list before he even entered the league.

That's all you need to know.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:25 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
I'm absolutely amazed how many people on the HF boards are bashing Lindros and i don't get it. The "He Got What He Deserved" garbage and "Will He Ever Learn To Keep His Head Up" are in such poor taste. Whether you like the guy,his family or not is irrelavent but the fact that some of you are saying he got what he desreved is obsurd.

The guy has played great,for the most part,this season and give him credit for doing all he can to play the game he obviously loves. Funny,most of you bashed him when he played along the outside and now he tys to play his "power" forward style that made him a great offensive weapon and he gets bashed somemore.

As far as him keeping his head up if you watch the play he was and just put his head down for half a sec because the puck got away from him and he got nailed. It's no different then any other player who'd lose control of the puck for a sec and than looks down. In the past Lindros would skating around with his head down alot but this play was not one of them. If he just lets the puck go then everyone starts with "he's no longer a force"crap. So,you can't have it both ways and hammer at him no matter what.

Regardless,most of you guys should get off the guys back and actually pat the Big E on the back for trying to become the force he once was instead of just floating around and collecting his paycheque. Here's hoping he's OK and can come back soon.

amazing post, I totally agree

Old
01-29-2004, 03:26 PM
aonez

I agree Im so mad at them. I wish they would get suspended from wathcing icehockey for 75 years :mad:
And Doig should get suspended for 50 years from NHL :mad:

Im so sad for Lindros sake, he has done so much good but just got ***** back and some of the NHL players are so filthy human beings (Stevens *spit* Doig *spit*). They can just go to hell.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:28 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse

B) The whole Quebec thing put him on many people's s-list before he even entered the league.

Like i said,like him or not how did he get what he deserved? He's never been a cheap shot artist or anything like that so no i don't understand it.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:30 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Like i said,like him or not how did he get what he deserved? He's never been a cheap shot artist or anything like that so no i don't understand it.
I'm not saying it's right, just saying that's why its happening.

Old
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aonez
I agree Im so mad at them. I wish they would get suspended from wathcing icehockey for 75 years :mad:
And Doig should get suspended for 50 years from NHL :mad:

I agree with the original post about all the senseless Lindros bashing. I have never been a big fan of his, but it is still a sad thing when a player has his career put in jeopardy. That being said...DONT BLAME DOIG! Jason Doig, just like eveyone else in the NHL, is a hockey player. It was a clean hit, every hockey analyst that I have heard has agreed. Hits like this happen in the NHL. When you are a player in Lindros's condition, you just hope it doesnt happen to you. But it did.

I feel bad for Lindros...but the hit was clean. If you dont think so, then you are just being biased. :p

Old
guinness
those were the days

He's a spoiled brat. Drafted by the Nords, but he was too good for them, he's a case study of why parents shouldn't be allowed to live vicariously through their kids (and become their agent). A great player when healthy, sure, but he's got a 2-cent head, sure some of the Philly team doctors probably didn't do the best treatments for him on his concussions, but he had been skating with his head down lorg before that; he was just asking for a brusing. The hit last night could've happened to anyone, but some of the previous occurences could've been avoided, if he'd kept his head up. I would think he would've learned from what happened to his brother better too.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
He plays physical, and there fore he's not paired with the opponents "offensive-defensemen" pairing, so needless to say when he crosses the opponents' blue line with his head down, what do you think happens? you guessed it...a couple of big *THUDS*

Old
01-29-2004, 03:31 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Doig should get suspended for 50 years from NHL
Doig shouldn't get suspended because it was a clean hit and that's his job. Just like Eric's job is to go score it's Doig job to stop him.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:33 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Doig should get suspended for 50 years from NHL :mad:

some of the NHL players are so filthy human beings (Doig *spit*). They can just go to hell.
For doing his job?
He played it cleanly. Is it his fault that Lindros has a pre-existing condition?

If you are a chef and you cook up a plate of almond pilaf and someone with an allergy to nuts scarfs it down, knowing it could hurt them, and ends up sick, is that your fault? No.

And this isn't Doig's fault either.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:35 PM
NJD Jester

Send a message via Yahoo to NJD Jester
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse

Let me add one more:

C) He keeps risking his own health, and our time, by coming back again and again.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Im so sad for Lindros sake, he has done so much good but just got ***** back and some of the NHL players are so filthy human beings (Stevens *spit* Doig *spit*). They can just go to hell.
That's the other sad and surprising part of the reaction today..

Let's clear things up..

The hit was clean, so was the Stevens one, Doig did nothing wrong.. Lindros as laid many a clean hit like that himself.. That's hockey, and it's a great part of it, but everyone wants to see the guy get back up after..

Lindros does not play with his head down anymore, sometimes ANYONE has to look down to gather the puck for a moment.. That's what happened, and it was unfortunate..

Lindros has been an EXEMPLARY teammate and soldier for the Rangers.. He was bounced all over the lineup, and never made a peep.. We've yet to hear from his parents on ANY matter.. His play last year was much more perimeter, and he endured boo's at the garden (kind of deserved, but more of a sign of team failure), but he pointed the finger directly at himself, and came out this year ready to prove everyone wrong..

If not wanting to play for Quebec, and not single handedly delivering a Cup to Bobby Clarke are the mans biggest crimes against hockey, then whoopty- FRIGGIN- do.. John Elway never wanted to play for Baltimore, it happens, and its the guys right.. Yes, he must suffer the consequences for it, which should include getting booed, or razzed. It should NOT include applause for being concussed..

He should have received an instigator for dropping them after the hit..

Anything else?

Old
01-29-2004, 03:58 PM
BlackJack21

I agree that a lot of poeple jump on him very fast for the smalest thing he can do.

But he's not the most adorable person in the NHL...

15 years old: refuse to go the OHL club who draft him (sault ste-marie???) not sure

18 years old: refuse to join the Nordiques who draft him (kind of a racial issiue rumours)

Plus he has been involved in the most rip trade in NHL history, that makes him look really like an underachiver, who are often consider as loosy player. (not saying he necesserly is)

Any way, My english being a little bit limited, it's very hard for me to expose my point and all the sutilities as I could do in french, but it's very clear for me why he is disliked like he is.

BJ21

Old
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack21
but it's very clear for me why he is disliked like he is.

BJ21
Dislike is one thing.. Hell, I didn't like him as a Flyer, but cheering a concussion is just sad..

On a semi-related note.. Almost every HF member/Ranger Fan saw this coming, and is the precise reason nobody liked the trade..

My respect for Lindros has increased immensly, but Glen Sather went against all advice and put his eggs in this basket, and it should cost him his job..

Old
01-29-2004, 04:09 PM
VO #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
My respect for Lindros has increased immensly, but Glen Sather went against all advice and put his eggs in this basket, and it should cost him his job..
Just one of the items on the long laundry list as to why Slats should be shown the door, I'm sure you would agree.

As for #88, it really is too bad he has been concussed again. Hopefully he will be back shortly, he's still one of my favorites of the last decade or so.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:25 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Wow! What a bunch of psycho-fans. Not the ones bashing him, the ones whining about them.

There a lots of reasons people don't like him and NONE of these people actually know him. It's like cheering a bad guy in a movie getting killed, you cheer. It's not personal to the actual player.

By the way he has hurt/cheap-shotted plenty in his career, it just depends if you're a fan of his or not.

As a Flyer fan I don't like him because of how he went out of that organization. He blamed them IN THE MEDIA for his problems before talking to management. That is why I don't care if he gets another concussion. The writing has been on the wall with his brothers problems and then his own. I don't know if it's him or his agent/daddy who makes him come back for more. As a father I would not have condoned he keep playing after the Stevens hit if not sooner.

When he is sitting around forgetting he has millions of dollars are any of his "supporters" going to be there wiping the spit from his chin? You won't care then so why do you care now?

Old
01-29-2004, 04:26 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
People are pathetic. Specially the ones who feel he deserves it. It's why they are sitting behind a computer and doing nothing with their lives.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
People are pathetic. Specially the ones who feel he deserves it. It's why they are sitting behind a computer and doing nothing with their lives.
You keep your head down while you enter the opponent's blue line to?

Old
01-29-2004, 04:28 PM
NJD Jester

Send a message via Yahoo to NJD Jester
Quote:
Spoken like a Rag$ fan who can already smell the freshly cut grass on the 14th hole...

Old
01-29-2004, 04:29 PM
VO #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
There a lots of reasons people don't like him and NONE of these people actually know him. It's like cheering a bad guy in a movie getting killed, you cheer. It's not personal to the actual player.
Newsflash: Hollywood and real life are two entirely different entities.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD Jester
Spoken like a Rag$ fan who can already smell the freshly cut grass on the 14th hole...
ppffffbbbbtttt.. Shows what you know.. The 14th hole is over water, with an Island green.. Surprised you didn't know that.. Even though the Devils have excelled in the post season, seemed to me that their fans were more interested in playing golfd with Ranger fans.. They sure don't buy tickets to the Devil playoffs

Another funny note, Ranger fans are sorry to see Stevens out.. While certain Devil fans relish the latest Lindros concussion.. Shows the difference in class there...

Old
01-29-2004, 04:45 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:

WOW!!! the most blatant case of "pot calling the kettle black" I have ever seen, Mr. 3000 posts, more than probably 90% of the posters in here.

Please, oh please, if you wanna defend your boy Lindros, at least have something of substance to say.

That being said, I hate Lindros as much as the next guy, but i don't like seeing anybody getting hurt, I'll wait til he gets healthy to bad mouth him.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:06 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO #23
Newsflash: Hollywood and real life are two entirely different entities.
Newsflash: Their both on-screen, entertainment entities. Do you KNOW the players? Do you know the bashers? Do you think any of these people really hope and pray for a real person to get hurt? Do you think entertainers care about you personally?

Then shut up.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Another funny note, Ranger fans are sorry to see Stevens out.. While certain Devil fans relish the latest Lindros concussion.. Shows the difference in class there...
What an excellent use of conjecture and fabrication to support an argument.

Closed Thread