HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Speaking of Fights

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 04:00 AM
stardog

vCash: 500
Speaking of Fights

Did anyone else just see the shot Dimitrakos layed down on Kobasew, as he was falling? BAM!
Ouch.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:51 AM
kruezer

Sure did, Kobasew has now fought twice in the last two weeks, but you can definetaly tell its not his forte, Walker layed down the smack on him too.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:15 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Very surprised Kobasew didn't get booted. It could have been considered instigator if the refs wanted it to be. Otherwise, yeah, Kobasew looked like a little runt getting overpowered and thrown around by a much more built Dimitrakos. Although most of Niko's shots caught air, it was still pretty lopsided. I still think he didn't get all of it on that one where he was falling. Not even sure if it actually landed either.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Grizzly Adams

I love seeing the small guys duke it out.

Old
01-29-2004, 06:41 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Sure did, Kobasew has now fought twice in the last two weeks, but you can definetaly tell its not his forte, Walker layed down the smack on him too.
Scott Walker is a very tough little SOB. He knows what to do when the gloves drop.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:22 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Scott Walker is a very tough little SOB. He knows what to do when the gloves drop.
That's true, and he sure showed it against Kobasew.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:24 PM
looooob

as a Flames fan I'm glad to see Kobasew showing up, even if he's getting his clock cleaned. he will need to play with an edge to take his game to the level where he will be successful

Old
01-30-2004, 03:49 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
as a Flames fan I'm glad to see Kobasew showing up, even if he's getting his clock cleaned. he will need to play with an edge to take his game to the level where he will be successful
Thats true they always say the most important thing is showing up.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Thats true they always say the most important thing is showing up.

Sometimes showing up just aint gonna cut it in a fight, am I right? Unless you look having your fash used as a punching bag....?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:36 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Sometimes showing up just aint gonna cut it in a fight, am I right? Unless you look having your fash used as a punching bag....?
Sure noone likes to get the **** kicked out of them but I think doing it every once in a while shows your teammates that you are willing to do what it takes and you have balls. More or less it shows you wont be intimidated.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:02 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
but Kobasew isn't in the NHL as a fighter. I could care less if he ever wins a fight

If Kobasew is going to succeed in the NHL though he'll make his meal ticket in front of the net where life isn't easy. so for me seeing him stir things up with Walker and Dimitriakos (?sp) is a great sign

Old
01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
True. Give him his props for not being a coward. However, he needs to learn to stop brining so much attention to himself. He pissed Walker off by hauling him down away from the puck. I'm not sure what happened against the sharks, but considering the guy isn't taht good of a fighter.....it would probably be better for him to tone down his antics a bit.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:23 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
True. Give him his props for not being a coward. However, he needs to learn to stop brining so much attention to himself. He pissed Walker off by hauling him down away from the puck. I'm not sure what happened against the sharks, but considering the guy isn't taht good of a fighter.....it would probably be better for him to tone down his antics a bit.
You never stop arguing with anyone, do you ??? He barely did anything to Walker. Scott was just frustrated that his team was getting spanked.

We all know Kobasew never was and never will be a fighter, but that doesn't mean he should never fight. Have you ever played hockey ?? Sometimes you just have to drop those gloves.

Besides, some players make a living fighting and still can't fight........for example Jim MacKenzie. Man, that guy has been a punching bag forever it seems.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Sure noone likes to get the **** kicked out of them but I think doing it every once in a while shows your teammates that you are willing to do what it takes and you have balls. More or less it shows you wont be intimidated.

Very true. good points.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Fighter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Besides, some players make a living fighting and still can't fight........for example Jim MacKenzie. Man, that guy has been a punching bag forever it seems.

Jim McKenzie a punching bag? Man, better you watch some of his old fights or shut your mouth if you can't watch them...

Old
01-30-2004, 06:27 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
Jim McKenzie a punching bag? Man, better you watch some of his old fights or shut your mouth if you can't watch them...
Garfield has been on the crack pipe a little hard lately

Old
01-30-2004, 06:50 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
Garfield has been on the crack pipe a little hard lately
No, it's actually the hash pipe.

Anyway, you Preds fans are the most defensive fans I have ever seen. I guess you get that way from defending country music all your lives.

If you guys seriously think that Jim Frickin' MacKenzie scares anybody, then I have nothing else to say.....I'm speachless for once.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:57 PM
hillbilly

Quote:

Anyway, you Preds fans are the most defensive fans I have ever seen. I guess you get that way from defending country music all your lives.

If you guys seriously think that Jim Frickin' MacKenzie scares anybody, then I have nothing else to say.....I'm speachless for once.

I miss where I said anything about McKenzie being scary. oh yes we have been defending country music all our lives and nobody in the southeastern U.S. had better know anything about hockey. you just tried to Generalize an entire city. actually an entire state. and speaking of country music where do the flames play? It kind of left my mind for a second.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:05 PM
hillbilly

here is a clip of the kobasew fight. again awesome for a guy like Kobasew to step up like this! I believe from the replay dimitrakos definately lands the punch while Kobasew is in the air

Old
01-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Grizzly Adams

here is the clip.

http://users.rcn.com/kenseq/sharks/videos/niko-koob.wmv

Old
01-30-2004, 07:37 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
here is a clip of the kobasew fight. again awesome for a guy like Kobasew to step up like this! I believe from the replay dimitrakos definately lands the punch while Kobasew is in the air
Get down, turn around, go to town....the boot scootin' boogie !!

That song rocks !!

Old
01-30-2004, 07:40 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Get down, turn around, go to town....the boot scootin' boogie !!

That song rocks !!
I was being serious... I do like that song.

I'm not saying country music is bad, I LOVE Shania Twain, I was just using that as a reason for why you are defensive about the Preds. Don't get all politically correct on me now. This is the most sensitive site in the history of internet.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:37 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

It's a valid reason too, country music sucks, but do you know how many babes move here to make it in country music? I hate country music, but love the country music industry.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:50 PM
paxtang

Quote:

Yeah, look at a guy own the downside of his career and act like you know anything about his fighting ability. Jim never had that killer instinct, but he is one of the best fighters of all time, and probably the best at switching hands. He was one of a select few to go toe to toe with the Twister and drop Tony.

It's like looking at Berube in Calgary and saying the guy fricken sucks. Learn something about hockey fights before you talk about him.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:07 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Yeah, look at a guy own the downside of his career and act like you know anything about his fighting ability. Jim never had that killer instinct, but he is one of the best fighters of all time, and probably the best at switching hands. He was one of a select few to go toe to toe with the Twister and drop Tony.

It's like looking at Berube in Calgary and saying the guy fricken sucks. Learn something about hockey fights before you talk about him.
Believe me, I know my hockey (that includes fights) so don't accuse me of that ever again. Now that we got that straight, are you MacKenzie's brother or something ?? He is a washed up has been, he has been for 5 years. Just because he beat up guys 10 years ago means nothing now. The players are generally tougher these days anyway. MacKenzie in his prime would get cleaned by these guys today. I may underrate him, but everytime I have seen him fight, he loses.

Closed Thread