HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: CBJ at Red Wings, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15 on FSN Ohio (Post-Chicago edition)

Old
02-16-2008, 07:10 AM
cincyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
Jason Chimera look alike

hahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!! JASON SHREKMERA!!!!!!!

cincyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 07:25 AM
jagpanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
Just back from the game. WOW.
I've lost my voice....oh how sweet it is to beat the Wings 5-1.
Everything just clicked tonight....and hopefully the boys keep it up.
Saw alot of Jackets fans in the Joe....nice to see support on the road.
Nice to meet you too Goaliemon. Saw you in the concourse on the way out. Nice to hang with Shelf, cbjfan4life, Darr and others pre and post game. The local fans around us were really great all night.

I'm still stunned. Of all the things I planned on seeing out of the team last night, the performance that they ended up giving was not one of them.

The first 7 minutes or so it looked like we were just fighting off the inevitable, but they really hunkered down and got their legs and game going. Great effort!

Note to those that go to Detroit in the future - go to the Anchor bar. Free shuttle to and from the Joe!

Last edited by jagpanzer: 02-16-2008 at 01:43 PM.
jagpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 07:34 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
This team is just crazy. Wish I could have watched the game now. Didnt even DVR it.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Didn't see, listen to or record the game. Just waking up and checking the web and see the score of the game. Will have to do some reading to find out what the hell happened, but I'll have to do it quick before my cackling leads to the long descent into madness.

Old
02-16-2008, 09:12 AM
CBJwheel

The results of last night's game boosted Leclaire up to second with a 2.09 GAA and pushed Os-not-so-good to third with 2.18.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 09:57 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

And, to top off a delightful experience, log on to LetsGoWings! The best team in hockey and they turn on them during a slump just like many here do to the CBJ on a nightly basis! All fans are pretty much alike, aren't we?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:23 AM
forktie

How much you wanna bet we win more games on the road than at home the rest of the season?

I have a feeling this team has become the "uncomfortable under the microscope" team when they are at home.

On the road, though, its just Hitch and the boys.

Home Ice Disadvantage

forktie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagpanzer View Post
Nice to meet you too Goaliemon. Saw you in the concourse on the way out. Nice to hang with Shelf, cbjfan1, Darr and others pre and post game. The local fans around us were really great all night.

I'm still stunned. Of all the things I planned on seeing out of the team last night, the performance that they ended up giving was not one of them.

The first 7 minutes or so it looked like we were just fighting off the inevitable, but they really hunkered down and got their legs and game going. Great effort!

Note to those that go to Detroit in the future - go to the Anchor bar. Free shuttle to and from the Joe!
Yeah man - definitely - nice meeting you.

I agree that all the Red Wings fans were great. Definately not as bad as Buffalo fans .

Anyway........how many times have the Wings lost by 4 goals this year? I still can't believe we won.....

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:13 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by forktie View Post
How much you wanna bet we win more games on the road than at home the rest of the season?

I have a feeling this team has become the "uncomfortable under the microscope" team when they are at home.

On the road, though, its just Hitch and the boys.

Home Ice Disadvantage
I honestly think this is a healthy thing in the long run. Our loyalty and approval, IMHO, was taken for granted for a long time. It's good for them to know we know what we're watching and when they're laying an egg on the ice. I really believe that making home less comfortable makes the road easier in some ways.

The victory was nice, but the incentive behind it is still what sticks in my craw-- craptacular performances vs. teams everyone knows they should be able to beat, regardless of their hot streaks.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:31 PM
cbjfan4life

Just got back/awake from the game last night.......awesome start, wings outplayed them in a second, but it always helps when the cbjs get a goal, 3rd period gave up one, and than killed off their chances when we got the 5th goal........have never seen as many cbj fans there as there were last night....way to represent fans! local fans are cool......must be the a-holes who come to columbus....definitely reccomend the anchor bar.....great hockey bar, (not the best though)
I told the fans around us, we would love to do it again in about the 2nd or 3rd week of april!

cbjfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 03:24 PM
thebus2288

doesnt look like anybody wants to "sell" anymore.....

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
countthecashricknash

Great Win. Probably best of the season. Hopefully this really gives the old confidence a boost.

14-7-1 til playoffs: 2 out of 3 the rest of the way. I figure we can beat the Blues and Leafs, and then lose to the Sens. The Leafs game is a must-win. We can't just keep spoiling games against bad teams like LA, Chi, and Tor. Make it easier on yourselves and win the bad games at least.

countthecashricknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
I also had the chance to talk with this man for a good 10 minutes during warmups.

Does he psot here? Does anyone know who he is?

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by countthecashricknash View Post
...14-7-1 til playoffs
Well, here comes Captain Realism. Games we (are supposed to) win in bold:

STL @
TOR @
OTT @
MTL @
SJ
VAN @
EDM @
CGY @
EDM
TB
CHI
DET
CGY
DET @
DET
NSH @
CHI
NSH
CHI @
DET @
STL @
STL

That's 10 'must win' games right there. So we need to go 6-6 just to be safe against:
4 Detroits
2 Calgarys
2 Nashvilles
1 San Jose
1 Vancouver
1 Montreal
1 Ottawa

Realistic cat says, "Yikes."

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Straight Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
This team is just crazy. Wish I could have watched the game now. Didnt even DVR it.

I'm with you on this one. Probably the first televised game I've missed all season. My thoughts on this will undoubtably sound negative after a big win, but in my opinion this underscores the fragility of this team. With a little luck, a score or two, and being able to skate downhill makes all the diff. with our bunch. Adversity is something else again. Being able to play "their game" just seems to be in their mind that, hey, we can actually win one tonight. Love my team, but this is the only thing that makes sense with the way they have played most of this season. The comeback win at Dallas fueled some confidence for a little while, but that evaporated during the All Star break. No wonder Hitch relies on his veterans so much.

Straight Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 07:54 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
That's 10 'must win' games right there. So we need to go 6-6 just to be safe against:
4 Detroits
2 Calgarys
2 Nashvilles
1 San Jose
1 Vancouver
1 Montreal
1 Ottawa

I don't think it's that bad - we've done decent against Detroit this season and they don't scare me as much anymore. Chalk up two more wins against them. I figure we split with Calgary. I think we can squeeze another win out of Nashville. We can beat San Jose at home. Vancouver is going down. There's your 6 wins.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Hockey Granny

What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
I don't think it's that bad - we've done decent against Detroit this season and they don't scare me as much anymore. Chalk up two more wins against them. I figure we split with Calgary. I think we can squeeze another win out of Nashville. We can beat San Jose at home. Vancouver is going down. There's your 6 wins.
DJ- Wasn't it you who gave me so much grief when I said some time ago that "we play well against the Wings"?

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:07 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Granny View Post
DJ- Wasn't it you who gave me so much grief when I said some time ago that "we play well against the Wings"?
Don't think so.

Old
02-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Hockey Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Don't think so.
Sorry, if it wasn't you. Somebody (some time back) really ripped into me when I said that. They argued that in order for me to say "we played well against" them, we had to have a winning record against them, etc. Oh well, just chalk it up to senility..
Sorry, DJ.

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Granny View Post
Sorry, if it wasn't you. Somebody (some time back) really ripped into me when I said that. They argued that in order for me to say "we played well against" them, we had to have a winning record against them, etc. Oh well, just chalk it up to senility..
Sorry, DJ.
Here's the thread you're looking for. You'll see it wasn't me.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=472100&page=20

Old
02-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
Well, here comes Captain Realism. Games we (are supposed to) win in bold:

STL @
TOR @
OTT @
MTL @
SJ
VAN @
EDM @
CGY @
EDM
TB
CHI
DET
CGY
DET @
DET
NSH @
CHI
NSH
CHI @
DET @
STL @
STL

4 Detroits
2 Calgarys
2 Nashvilles
1 San Jose
1 Vancouver
1 Montreal
1 Ottawa

To throw another pile of realism on this post - Have we learneed nothing from this recent stretch (that we should have known all along)? There are no games this team "should win" or is "supposed to win." None. Of course, we've also learned (what we should have known all along) that this team "can win" any game.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote