HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs may be interested in Fedorov ?

Old
02-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Calamari

vCash: 500
allez les camarades de Montreal!

Calamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 07:12 PM
LesHabsRock

The Detroit News suggests that the Wings might be a good fit for Blue Jackets C Sergei Fedorov. Montreal and Ottawa have both been mentioned as possible Fedorov suitors as well. -tsn.ca

Scott Cullen from TSN posted this in his blog today, so the rumours come from more than one source, apparently.

IMO going after another center is not the answer. I'd rather Montreal go after an experienced scoring winger to play with Koivu...perhaps Hossa

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 02-15-2008 at 07:36 PM.
LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I wonder if Federov could have the same kind of impact Gilmour had when we got him, leadership, inspiration, playoff performer and sound defensive play.

His salary is damn high though...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Forsberg played at a PPG for Nashville. He and Radulov were the only ones that showed up that series.

Guerin was NEVER a playoff performer, not even at 0.5 per game.

Tkachuk helped Atlanta A LOT on their run and in the playoffs. He and Dupuis were the only two to show up against a team they were heavily outmatched against.

How about looking at facts before posting.

Oh and for those who say Fedorov had a poor year point wise last year, I hope you realize the majority of his time he was playing on defence. Just shows you his versatility.
So we should trade for a forward to play D and have our two D in Streit and Dandy play forward...now I've seen everything!

Fed's will not help this team, he is older and his concusion has kept him out and off the ice for over a month now as well meaning he isn't even in game shape.

For the price he would cost dollar wise (not in players/picks/prospects because I think that part would be cheap), we would be better off picking up two players with that combined 2 million salary left.

I would rather see Bob sit idle and bring Chip up than to waste money on Fedorov.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The Detroit News suggests that the Wings might be a good fit for Blue Jackets C Sergei Fedorov. Montreal and Ottawa have both been mentioned as possible Fedorov suitors as well. -tsn.ca

Scott Cullen from TSN posted this in his blog today, so the rumours come from more than one source, apparently.

IMO going after another center is not the answer. I'd rather Montreal go after an experienced scoring winger to play with Koivu...perhaps Hossa
Fedorov has been linked to Monteal since last season.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Le depisteur

Anyone knows if Fedorov and Kovalev have a good relation?

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 10:04 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Fedorov has been linked to Monteal since last season.
yep, but those rumours were from last year and it's been a year since we've heard them again.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
I wonder if Federov could have the same kind of impact Gilmour had when we got him, leadership, inspiration, playoff performer and sound defensive play.

His salary is damn high though...
Tis the end of the season almost so your lookin at 2 million dollars roughly

your not payin it anyways...

I dont know if i could handle my all time favorite hockey player joining my favorite team, as late as it would be, i just dont know if i could handle it as a sports fan

it would be funny because everyone i know knows i love Fedorov, the entire west island would be happy for me lol

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 10:18 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
So we should trade for a forward to play D and have our two D in Streit and Dandy play forward...now I've seen everything!
That's not what I said at all. What if this team ends up like Buffalo with 3-4 injuries on defence during the playoffs? You want Brisebois and JP Cote back there? Whereas Fedorov can move back IF NEED BE.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 10:22 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
That's not what I said at all. What if this team ends up like Buffalo with 3-4 injuries on defence during the playoffs? You want Brisebois and JP Cote back there? Whereas Fedorov can move back IF NEED BE.
Yeah he can and I would love Federov I think if CBJ were to fall out which I doubt they will he would be cheap and could really help this team.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
GNick42

I would give Grabovski a shot before Federov...he had a big night for Hamilton tonight. Won't cost much either

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:24 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
I would give Grabovski a shot before Federov...he had a big night for Hamilton tonight. Won't cost much either
Except the fact he can't play defence and is way too small. We're talking about 3rd line shutdown centre.

Old
02-15-2008, 11:24 PM
znk

Quote:
Grabovski as a shutdown center instead of a Selke winner?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Grabovski is a nice project but what MTL does not needs right now is yet another tiny player...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:28 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Yeah he can and I would love Federov I think if CBJ were to fall out which I doubt they will he would be cheap and could really help this team.
The CBJ are probably giving Scott Howson fits at the moment. Got spanked by Chicago 7-2 on Wednesday, but just beat the Wings 5-1 tonight. THe worst game of the season followed by one of the best. Who knows whether they have a legit chance or not.

CBJ are currently 2 points from 8th in the West (in 10th). The team is going to be on the road up until the trade deadline (which may not be a bad thing since they've lost the last 5 at home while going 4-1-1 on the road). See you a week from Saturday.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:30 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
The CBJ are probably giving Scott Howson fits at the moment. Got spanked by Chicago 7-2 on Wednesday, but just beat the Wings 5-1 tonight. THe worst game of the season followed by one of the best. Who knows whether they have a legit chance or not.

CBJ are currently 2 points from 8th in the West (in 10th). The team is going to be on the road up until the trade deadline (which may not be a bad thing since they've lost the last 5 at home while going 4-1-1 on the road). See you a week from Saturday.
I think they will make a serious attempt at a run. Their fans deserve a playoff birth and with Hitchcock behind the bench and players like Fedorov and Peca, they could pull an upset.

Old
02-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
CALM DOWN for crissake, the kid had 3 goals in the AHL, and has NO CHANCE in his lifetime at getting good defensivly,

Fedorov is the guy man defensivly, get smoke out of here

Old
02-15-2008, 11:43 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
I think they will make a serious attempt at a run. Their fans deserve a playoff birth and with Hitchcock behind the bench and players like Fedorov and Peca, they could pull an upset.
But they don't want to pull an "Atlanta" in order to do it. Assest management is key in all this. We have a large number of UFAs (Fedorov, Foote, Peca, Tarnstrom, Hainsey, Vyborny). Who do we want next year? Who do we let walk? Do you try to get anything for these guys now or keep them and see how it goes and let some of them walk for nothing after the season? What youngsters are we willing to trade?

At the beginning of the season, the fan base wasn't given a bunch of empty promises (unlike past years). HFboard CBJ fans want the playoffs, but weren't expecting them coming into the season. This was supposed to be more of a "let's see what we've got" kind of year for Hitch and Howson combined with "let's see how the kids do".

After tonight's game and our record against them this season, I wouldn't mind being the 8 seed and taking on Detroit in the first round. As far as atmosphere in Nationwide, I can only imagine... the building attacts a large number of Wings fans (and turncoat Jacket/Wings fans) whenever they come to town.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
But they don't want to pull an "Atlanta" in order to do it. Assest management is key in all this. We have a large number of UFAs (Fedorov, Foote, Peca, Tarnstrom, Hainsey, Vyborny). Who do we want next year? Who do we let walk? Do you try to get anything for these guys now or keep them and see how it goes and let some of them walk for nothing after the season? What youngsters are we willing to trade?

At the beginning of the season, the fan base wasn't given a bunch of empty promises (unlike past years). HFboard CBJ fans want the playoffs, but weren't expecting them coming into the season. This was supposed to be more of a "let's see what we've got" kind of year for Hitch and Howson combined with "let's see how the kids do".

After tonight's game and our record against them this season, I wouldn't mind being the 8 seed and taking on Detroit in the first round. As far as atmosphere in Nationwide, I can only imagine... the building attacts a large number of Wings fans (and turncoat Jacket/Wings fans) whenever they come to town.
I love montreal, but i was a big big red wing fan from 95 to 2002, when fedorov left, i became a instant fan of the blue jackets when fedorov joined tho

but again, if fedorov were ever to join the habs, i just dont know what id do...

Old
02-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by revin5 View Post
Streit-Federov-Dandenault!!!!!!!!!!!
lol is that some new defensive trio strategy (a la soccer streit and dandy are the fullbacks) or is it a forward line :p

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote