HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

problem with our rivalry

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 06:51 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
problem with our rivalry

there's no fights in our rivalry. i mean i'm not one of those "AM doens't dress enough enforcers" posters, but it'd be a lot more fun if he sent out goons to pump up the crowd don't you think? like when i see the games, i see it more as a "kings fan vs ducks fan" rivalry instead of the "la kings vs mighty ducks" rivalry. so wat about making it more interesting for us AM!!

Old
01-29-2004, 04:35 PM
guzmania

It certainly isn't a nasty relationship on the ice between the teams. But remember the statement from Simpson about how he did "jerk Ziggy's stick" and how he had "spent too much time in the weight room". That would set me off if I was a player, sure sets me off as a fan. That guy should have a target on his face. He implied he hurt our best player on purpose. What more does Andy need? Retribution should have been swift and sure, you know, shock and awe. That's not Andy's style, but that's what I would have done in his position. If one of these games weren't so close and the instigator was a non-factor would Andy have sent the message? I believe that he will never send the message. As always I'm just one of the unwashed masses watching the game, but that's how I feel, he gets a paycheck for leading the team in the best way he knows how.

Old
01-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
there's no fights in our rivalry. i mean i'm not one of those "AM doens't dress enough enforcers" posters, but it'd be a lot more fun if he sent out goons to pump up the crowd don't you think? like when i see the games, i see it more as a "kings fan vs ducks fan" rivalry instead of the "la kings vs mighty ducks" rivalry. so wat about making it more interesting for us AM!!
There have been fights prior to this season. I remember Sawyer fighting both Brennan and Norton in the same game last year and fights almost every game before that

Old
01-29-2004, 05:02 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

Ducks don't have anyone willing to fight.. well besides Burnett who doesn't get much ice time cuz he sucks.. then Vish.. Simpson will fight, but he was too busy giving you guys the game..

Old
01-29-2004, 06:01 PM
tc

Send a message via AIM to tc
Quote:
Originally Posted by soya_sauce_chicken
Ducks don't have anyone willing to fight.. well besides Burnett who doesn't get much ice time cuz he sucks.. then Vish.. Simpson will fight, but he was too busy giving you guys the game..
Severson and Simpson would both go, but who would they fight in the King's lineup last night? Norton has enough to worry about and Lappy is not in either of those guys' class.

Old
01-29-2004, 06:15 PM
punchy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc
Severson and Simpson would both go, but who would they fight in the King's lineup last night? Norton has enough to worry about and Lappy is not in either of those guys' class.
Andy has made several statements about his not supporting fighting in hockey. That doesn't mean that we don't have the occasional fight but rarely are we the instigators and when we are, I would doubt that it is looked upon to kindly by him. That isn't to say he is wrong, it is simply his phylosophy. His style of game. It takes at least one or two true fight filled games to start a rivalry in my opinion and then there has to always be that edge or belief that it could happen at any time as well.

Of course, the fact that the ducks have been an awful team while we were good and visa versa has made it hard to actually care as well. That is, if all you are battling for is the right to say "at least we are better than you" and there isn't a postion in the standings or any importance other than that in the games then the ducks are just another team that our players go up against. Give them a reason not to like each other and they will play like rivals. As it is, the ducks are awful and not battling our lads for a spot this year and there haven't been any fight filled games this season so, there is no reason for them to be all to bothered above the average about them.

Players on each team have to have a reason to be rivals. I doubt they care that the teams are so close by or that there is an Orange County/LA County rivalry. There aren't from either place so why would it matter.

Closed Thread